Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Grease & Lubricant For Competition Firearms

Tolly

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you just have to slather grease on your gun then go to any auto parts store and purchase a tube of engine assembly grease. It is just as good as any of the afore mentioned lubes. Costs about $4 for a huge tube.

I don't use grease on any of my guns. I don't like the thought of any dust/grit being held in place by grease and turning into a lapping compound. FP-10 stays in place and lubes well.

I spray all my internals with Remington Dry Lube after cleaning. It gives me confidence that I haven't missed lubing anything and it also seems to make it easier to clean the next time. It doesn't build up and dries quickly.

I then use Slide Glide in all the obvious wear areas. It seems to work fine with the Dry Lube and stays where it is put.

New to the forum, just got slide glide on the recomendation of many posters. First off, I live in Florida, I called on Thursday and got it Saturday. Wow! Evidently Mr. Enos is just as fast filling out orders as he is shooting. My well broken in 15 year old CZ now cycles like on ball bearings, quiet and smooth and it feels tight. I choose SG3 because a cool day of shooting is 85 deg. and my CZ is not exactly custom 1911 tight. I'll get to shoot it soon and see if it feels softer in recoil.

• 2 weeks later...

The smallest amount of Mobil-1 chassis grease (the red stuff) on rails, locking lug, and anywhere else that looks like a wear point. Mpro-7 oil everywhere else.

My carry gun gets Militec-1 because it doesn't seem to attract as much dust. I probably won't be buying more once it's used up though, I'm not *that* impressed.

• 3 months later...

As I commented in another Slide Glide post if you are coming to the Open Nationals the mornings can sometimes be chilly, June is not a guarantee of hot weather. The ranges sit in a valley with a mountain to the south so time and stage will determine when the sun gets onto that stage. I remember a June match watching the slide cycle for the first few shots so now I bring several different lubes to use dependant on weather.

• 3 weeks later...

How about someone posting some pics of exacatly how a slide "loaded up" with Slide Glide looks like. Reading some of the info on the website, it sounds like you should slather it in with a spoon then wipe off the excess that oozes out the cracks!? Doesnt it ooze into the chamber and extractor area if loaded up?

Anyone "slathering up" the main spring?

Thanks in advance.

The top end of my gubmint' model .38 stupor is so full of Slide-Glide you cannot see all the internals ;-)

I really did just slop it in and wipe off the excess. It cycles like it's made from buttered teflon.

I use the standard viscosity (medium).

I shoot where George shoots, but I haven't been able to get over the drag problem in my 1911 pattern guns even using the lightest grade Slide Glide, so I don't use it on the rails. Works well elsewhere.

I also have used CLP and Wilson's UltimaLube with good success.