Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

indeed that's a custom build thumbrest by van mulekom, this one was designed and made long before the daa thumbrest.

and it's coated with a tin coating from oerlikon balzers in belgium.

Edited by bassochist

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TwinCats are on their way home. Meet "HouseCat" and "KittyCat". His-n-hers Limcat 9mm with newly designed custom scope mount and thumb rest.

post-33132-0-04662500-1328846037_thumb.j

Is this in LimCat's Black Chrome ???

limcat uses something called isonite pqp - i have it on a two tone singlestack from them but it is not like a hard chrome from what i can tell.

a4b6b722.jpg

Gan's, months of wait and anguish completely avoided!!

Get this, I had a bad barrel and shipped it to Gary on a Thursday, gun had new barrel installed, Poppleholes, installed, firing pin stop fitted and was back in my hands running like a raped ape on Tuesday!! Shhhh, don't tell anyone, his wait time might jump an hour!!!

Nice gun. I've had Gary rebuild a top end for me and he was done in about a week. Amazing work and turnaround times.

BTW, what caliber is your race gun? 38 Super or Major 9mm? Thanks.

a4b6b722.jpg

Gan's, months of wait and anguish completely avoided!!

Get this, I had a bad barrel and shipped it to Gary on a Thursday, gun had new barrel installed, Poppleholes, installed, firing pin stop fitted and was back in my hands running like a raped ape on Tuesday!! Shhhh, don't tell anyone, his wait time might jump an hour!!!

• 1 month later...

I bought an older Grand Master in .38 super that was bone stock I have done a few upgrades and I am pretty proud of it, even though it is just a factory gun. It isn't running just right for me yet, could be brand new un-tuned mags...

The day I brought it home:

IMAG0371.jpg

added a thumb rest. I didn't like the way it fit so I shortened up where the screw holes are. I hate the empty screw holes

IMAG0448.jpg

added a Brazos ultragrip. I pinned the grip safety and under cut the trigger guard

IMAG0499.jpg

added a Brazos ZigRacker

finished%20product_zps11693011.jpg

finished%202_zps9ebfa325.jpg

And here it is for now...

IMAG0507_zps5f5fc13f.jpg

Edited by Paul-the new guy

I bought an older Grand Master in .38 super that was bone stock I have done a few upgrades and I am pretty proud of it, even though it is just a factory gun. It isn't running just right for me yet, could be brand new un-tuned mags...

The day I brought it home:

IMAG0371.jpg

added a thumb rest. I didn't like the way it fit so I shortened up where the screw holes are. I hate the empty screw holes

IMAG0448.jpg

added a Brazos ultragrip. I pinned the grip safety and under cut the trigger guard

IMAG0499.jpg

added a Brazos ZigRacker

finished%20product_zps11693011.jpg

finished%202_zps9ebfa325.jpg

And here it is for now...

IMAG0507_zps5f5fc13f.jpg

How do you like the *thumb rest [generic]* compare to others?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is the completed gun I built for my Junior(11) shooter. It is an STI frame with a 6" STI slide and a 6" Scheumann TryBrid barrel in 9mm. I love the feel and weight of this gun and if I build another open for myself, it will be exactly this configuration. The gun tracks great, and the popel holes/comp do an amazing job keeping the muzzle down. Works flawlessly with minor or major loads. Thanks to SPRINGCO for the recoil reducer, it really helped to make this gun shootable for my son. Plate-Tacular did the finish and Daniel met all my hopes, the gun is beautiful. I did the machine work on the slide myself. Only thing I might do now is try a frame mount for the Leupold Deltapoint

post-14188-0-17968200-1355263395_thumb.jpost-14188-0-42448000-1355266571_thumb.j

post-14188-0-36888700-1355266802_thumb.j

Here is the completed gun I built for my Junior(11) shooter. It is an STI frame with a 6" STI slide and a 6" Scheumann TryBrid barrel in 9mm. I love the feel and weight of this gun and if I build another open for myself, it will be exactly this configuration. The gun tracks great, and the popel holes/comp do an amazing job keeping the muzzle down. Works flawlessly with minor or major loads. Thanks to SPRINGCO for the recoil reducer, it really helped to make this gun shootable for my son. Plate-Tacular did the finish and Daniel met all my hopes, the gun is beautiful. I did the machine work on the slide myself. Only thing I might do now is try a frame mount for the Leupold Deltapoint

That's sharp, well done!!!