Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cocobolo

Yea i'm all done with Glocks. :roflol: I went with the "retro" mount because I think they track better than the 90 degree mounts. It likes your pet load of Silhouette too. Shay did tell me to go with hS6 but I have a ton of silh and the gun shoots flat as can be. It just snaps back on target. I have to thank Cheely for the front cuts and Gans for the rest of the machining. They were both were fast with the turn arround times.

The TwinCats are on their way home. Meet "HouseCat" and "KittyCat". His-n-hers Limcat 9mm with newly designed custom scope mount and thumb rest.

post-33132-0-04662500-1328846037_thumb.j

Those good looking Limcats must be very expensive!

Yeah...more than I thought I'd ever spend on a gun...let alone 2 of them. But one makes me happy, the other makes the wife happy, and the wife makes me happy....so they're priceless. :-)

One Bedell wasn't enough, I had to have the second! Full size, 9 major and I am a lefty.

Those are beautiful! Question from a beginner lefty -- does no one choose to have the slide release moved to the "right" side of the gun, or is that level of customization not available?

A right side slide release is not something readily available. The builder would have to machine the frame and slide out of bar stock. The right side slide release would have to be custom made. Mag followers are produced to work with a standard left side slide release, also cost prohibitive. Most with an open gun have the slide release and followers tuned not to lock the slide open on the last shot. As a lefty on a 1911 frame if I need to lock the slide open I push up on it with the topside of my trigger finger. On a 2011 frame I cant get my finger under it to push it up. I have to switch hands and use my right thumb. At the make ready command and at unload and show clear, I never touch the slide release, I use a slide racker, as seen in the gun pictures.

The slide could simply have two new notches machined into it for the slide stop. The thumb safety would have to be custom made, along with the slide stop and frame.

The TwinCats are on their way home. Meet "HouseCat" and "KittyCat". His-n-hers Limcat 9mm with newly designed custom scope mount and thumb rest.

post-33132-0-04662500-1328846037_thumb.j

Great looking guns Chip

Thanks PJ...they're a LOT of fun to shoot too. I'm just hoping for a day when my performance is even 50% of what the guns are capable of.

One Bedell wasn't enough, I had to have the second! Full size, 9 major and I am a lefty.

Those are beautiful! Question from a beginner lefty -- does no one choose to have the slide release moved to the "right" side of the gun, or is that level of customization not available?

In the past, someone did manufacture an ambidextrous slide release. IIRC, it didn't require any fancy machining, it basically had a mirror image lever that screwed on to the end of the slide stop. It was pretty useless though.

If you're a lefty and you need to hit the slide release, use your left index finger. Same thing for the mag release.

If you're a lefty and you need to hit the slide release, use your left index finger. Same thing for the mag release.

off subject a little, but I think there is a guy in Texas that makes a lefty mag release :eatdrink:

Edited by Sudden Death

off subject a little, but I think there is a guy in Texas that makes a lefty mag release :eatdrink:

Yep, but even those are probably more helpful to a righty who wants the same "advantage" as a lefty with the regular set up. Maybe some lefties with really long fingers who have a hard time reaching back with their trigger fingers might like it, but I still think most of us are faster with our trigger fingers.

• 5 weeks later...

I know, look kind of like it.

But dont get the lines to match, so guess custom.

I hope he can make more.

I like the idea of a small one, not mounted so far in front, so thats its possible to rack the gun in front of slide...

And it aslo looks to get some of that high grip you get with GoGun.

Any other ideas while subject is up? Small and neat thumbrest. And not the RHT.