Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

I finally have something to add to this thread!

Heres my used to be new steelmaster - going from singlestack to open minor(I dont reload and factory 9 is cheaper). Its about 2 weeks old, 1500 rounds through it, tons of dry fire and finally finished adding stuff to it.

- SRT2 grip - extremely nice, good texture feels great in my hand.

- EGW wide right side only safety

- Ed brown beavertail

- Dawson magwell

the thing is alot of fun to shoot - cant wait for my first match with it this weekend.

p1010361t.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Gans guns! I don't know why i sold my first open gun that he built for me. That was my big big mistake especially that he is no longer making guns!

Sv he will still lighten slides and stuff so if you have a factory gun thats already fit and want it lightened he'll do it.

Here is my latest toy, it's been with me for two weeks and two matches now.

Runs perfect on a diet of 9x19 Major and slurps of Castrol ATF. Knock on wood...

STI 2011, 9x19, custom comp (works very nice with my Autocomp loads),

loadsa slide lightning - this gun is 1/2 inch shorter and, going by feel, a few ounces lighter than my last gun.

Sideways mount is a Cameron because it's the lowest.

No slide racker on purpose, the rear serrations are very grippy, though.

I'll shoot it in the white for another month or so and then... silver lower and lime green slide. Should be fun.

Excuse the pic quality - they were taken with my cell phone.

post-16271-0-50905900-1317602550_thumb.j

post-16271-0-75130700-1317602558_thumb.j

post-16271-0-80405100-1317602565_thumb.j

post-16271-0-19796700-1317602574_thumb.j

post-16271-0-23956600-1317602582_thumb.j

Edited by Team Amish 1

Finally, my 9-major project is ready! First build - learned a lot, cursed a lot :D

STI frame, slide, trubor barrel and a bunch of small parts from various manufacturers (EGW, Ed Brown, SVI, STI) and a lot of hours on the tools. Oh, and the C-More mount I made myself from a solid block, because, well... I could.

My hands have rather strong opinions on how a gun is supposed to feel in them ergonomics wise, so I really don't show any mercy to nice quality parts or designs if they don't feel right for me. For example the STI frame/beaver angle is too shallow in my opinion so I carved it deeper to get a higher grip. And the Ed Brown wide thumb safeties had a nasty sharp radius in the rear so it too got to taste my Dremel... and don't even get me started on the grip! :devil:

Here in Finland we have to license all our firearms and I didn't want the make of my gun to be "STI" in the license card - after all, I made it, not them! (granted, from their parts) Some years ago a friend struggled with finding a suitable gun and frustrated, said "Someone should start making pistols in Finland and the gun shop's name should be Perkele Arms." Later, I happened to ask him for a suggestion what I'd call my new open pistol so he replied "It's Perkele Arms, there are no other options!" I believe if any Finnish word is known everywhere, that's the one :lol:

So, ladies and gentlemen, here it is - Perkele Arms 2011 :cheers:

CRW_2874_.jpg

CRW_2880_.jpg

More pics of the project (with Finnish captions) here, if interested:

http://jumi.lut.fi/~ppiirone/kuvat/2011-04_Ouppeni/

BR,

Perttupp

Edited by Perttupp

I'm glad to see that the picture's you sent me a month ago, know everybody can see......... AWESOME job. Like I said be-4 the time you put in, show's on the finish product. Gun's are like fine art, Leonardo da Vinci would like this master peace. Can't wait to see your next build.... :cheers:

Edited by S&W WHEELNUT

Finally, my 9-major project is ready! First build - learned a lot, cursed a lot :D

STI frame, slide, trubor barrel and a bunch of small parts from various manufacturers (EGW, Ed Brown, SVI, STI) and a lot of hours on the tools. Oh, and the C-More mount I made myself from a solid block, because, well... I could.

Nice Open blaster!

My hands have rather strong opinions on how a gun is supposed to feel in them ergonomics wise, so I really don't show any mercy to nice quality parts or designs if they don't feel right for me. For example the STI frame/beaver angle is too shallow in my opinion so I carved it deeper to get a higher grip. And the Ed Brown wide thumb safeties had a nasty sharp radius in the rear so it too got to taste my Dremel... and don't even get me started on the grip! :devil:

Here in Finland we have to license all our firearms and I didn't want the make of my gun to be "STI" in the license card - after all, I made it, not them! (granted, from their parts) Some years ago a friend struggled with finding a suitable gun and frustrated, said "Someone should start making pistols in Finland and the gun shop's name should be Perkele Arms." Later, I happened to ask him for a suggestion what I'd call my new open pistol so he replied "It's Perkele Arms, there are no other options!" I believe if any Finnish word is known everywhere, that's the one :lol:

So, ladies and gentlemen, here it is - Perkele Arms 2011 :cheers:

CRW_2874_.jpg

CRW_2880_.jpg

More pics of the project (with Finnish captions) here, if interested:

http://jumi.lut.fi/~ppiirone/kuvat/2011-04_Ouppeni/

BR,

Perttupp