Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving up in USPSA Class for 2003

Jon Merricks

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to get the new classification card in the mail! :P

Ron,

Thanks! I was totally in the zone for that stage, and ironically it was the first stage of the classifier match so I was cold; plus I typically suck at weak hand, stemming from a mental barrier/lack of confidence. I wish I could repeat that performance on demand!

Some day I hope to bust a move on a classifier like that, but I'm afraid all of my buddies would have simultaneous heart attacks. :P

HOLY CRAP!

I broke 50% in Limited-10!

D'OH!

LIMITED10 Class: C Current Pct: 50.236 High Percent: 50.236

Edited by rhino

I didn't move up in class but I did make the top 20 (actually both top 10) in another division. I think my Limited percentage is lowering to my actual demonstrable classifier ability, and my Open percentage is rising to the same. If only I could shoot my percentages at big matches...

I haven't moved up yet but something really cool happened this month. I hit 70.518% B-Lim and my shooting partener hit 70.516% B-Lim. How close in percentage can two people that are best friends and shoot together all the time get? I just wonder who is at 70.517 B-Lim.

• 1 month later...

Ron,

Are ya 50 yet? I seem to remember a time when your goal was to make Limited Master before you turned fifty --- now you've gone and done it in every division! Congragulations! Now about that "G" card, what division are you tackling first? Is it back to open? And I for one had NOTHING to do with this accomplishment --- I think it was all you! All the posts on this board aren't going to help anyone who doesn't have an open mind and who isn't willing to the work! You deserve every accolade you'll receive here. And thanks for letting the rest of us come along for the vicarious thrills and the advice and encouragement along the way.

Got my card in the mail Today and was suprised that I was moved up to B open. Especially since the last classifier I shot was back in October, which was accounted for in November. WTF!?! Wonder which of the two clubs I primarly shoot, forgot to send in scores 3+ months ago. I knew B class was just around the corner, but I didn't expect to get there without having shot a classifer reciently.

Nik:

Yeppers, I am going to go back to Open. I like Open and the dot helps the aging eyes. BTW, I am 48 years old so I guess I am two years ahead of schedule.

FWIW, there is a world of difference between a low end M class shooter and a GM card. I barely made M in Open and GM just seems so far away. At least I am finally going to take Anderson's advice and pick one and practice. I am also ready to get out and travel a bit. So far I am just a big frog in a very small pond. Time to get out and see how the rest of the world plays this game.

"I see the classification database was run a little early this month. Made A class Open by .045 per cent. I am now convinced the entire classification system is flawed.

I have managed A open, A Limited and A L10 with a (skinny pistol) and I think that's pretty good for an old fat guy with no talent. Can't decide if I should stick with one platform and see if Master is in the cards this year or try my hand at production and revolver. Think I'll shoot a couple of classifiers with my single stack in Limited to see if I can get over the hump. Of course, none of this really means a whole lot wihout some major match experience, but it's kinda fun."

The above is from MX5 on February of this year....talk about improvement.

That's awesome stuff.

Way to go Ron thats is Damn good shooting,I would be happy with M. in one Div.much less 5. To COOL!!!

I got moved up to B With the skinney gun this time now its on to A with the Limited gun. Congrats to everyone who moved up.And Ron once again TO COOL,

Steve

Lets see,,,if I copy the card, change the USPSA number and name,,,

Then take my new ' official ' classification card to the local watering hole,,,start bragging to the young ladies about my shooting prowlness,,,maybe just maybe,,,

...awwwwww screw it,,,I'd still be a B class dork!!!

Tremendous acomplishment!!!

Congrats...

:D:D:D

Flex-

As far as I know, Ron is the first to earn Master in all five Divisions.

This is a major achievement! Let's ask the folks at HQ to do some research. Is Ron actually the first guy ever to do this? If so, this is really worth an article in Front Sight explaining all the challenges and details of the work involved. Lots of people will want to know what it took.

I want to see his face on the cover! I want my MX5!!