Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving up in USPSA Class for 2003

Jon Merricks

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I see the classification database was run a little early this month. Made A class Open by .045 per cent. I am now convinced the entire classification system is flawed.

I have managed A open, A Limited and A L10 with a (skinny pistol) and I think that's pretty good for an old fat guy with no talent. Can't decide if I should stick with one platform and see if Master is in the cards this year or try my hand at production and revolver. Think I'll shoot a couple of classifiers with my single stack in Limited to see if I can get over the hump. Of course, none of this really means a whole lot wihout some major match experience, but it's kinda fun.

(Edited by Ron Ankeny at 2:54 pm on Feb. 13, 2003)

And I thought being in A open by .118 percent was cutting it close. At least this month I'm up to .961. Hope to make a try at master class this year. Gotta dream big.

(Edited by JRBean at 8:41 pm on Feb. 15, 2003)

I'm finally classified, D class in Production. I just started shooting IPSC last Oct. and am really enjoying it. I'm trying to practice dry firing regularly and using tips and hints from this forum to improve my shooting. With a little more practice I think I can make C class and from there on the challenge really starts. Thanks to everyone here for the help.  

Sidetracker:

It's just a matter of committing some resources. With a little study, a lot of practice, and going down the right track, you will sail right on through C class before you know it.  

I am in a relatively new club with only 16 members. This month I squeeked into A and a friend of mine made B by .01 per cent. But what's really exciting is we have four members in the top 20 in their class. Two of those guys are in the top 20 in D class and all of us are pulling for them to get into C class with their next classifier. Seeing people improve, no matter what class they are in, is rewarding to the entire organization. Good luck.

Finally made B in Limited and L-10.  My limited jumped about 15%.  My goal was to make B class before my 1st complete year of shooting USPSA and I did it.  The only problem is only a couple of months to practice before the first sectional match this year.

Just made B-class with the revolver.  Didn't think it would ever happen.  Now if I can only put the six shooter down for a while I can get the rest of my divisions up to where they should be.  Picked up the revolver about 2 years ago and haven't put it down since.  Having to much fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Made B in Production, and still have an 88 percenter yet to hit! I guess that the scores are going in out of order will help me, as the USPSA page says they put the dreaded "A" tag on any score 15% above class. As a C shooter my 88 percent would be tagged. As a B shooter it shouldn't, right? (74.999 percent plus 15 is above my 88 percent)

Also inched closer to A in Limited; now at 73.??? One or 2 good ones and I'll complete one goal for this year, and start on some more!

Finally making progress is a good feeling!

Tom

I made B-class Limited this month. After a couple of years floundering around in C-class. Now that the Texas State 3-Gun Championship is over maybe I'll have time to practice a little and go for A-class.

Cheers,