Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving up in USPSA Class for 2003

Jon Merricks

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my first USPSA card in the mail with any classification at all! I went from being unclassified to a D (38.8%) class limited 10 shooter. Don't laugh! This is significant to some of us! 

Larry

Good job, Larry! That's a respectable first percentage too.

• 4 weeks later...

Woooo Hoooo. Made A in production! That is 2 of my 6 goals for this year already. I re-wrote them to read "make Master in Limited and Production." That was cool.

My friend Jason, JLJ here, made limited Master this cycle, with a 100 percent on Hillbillton drill at last months Saint Charles match. This guy started about 15 months ago, and has made progress I have only thought about. Not only that, after a local glock shooter did the "Fast front sight removal method against a port" Jason whipped out his parts kit and installed one for her, ON THE SPOT, so she could complete the match. Cool!

Later,

Tom

The one thing that bugs me to no end is clubs not getting their scores in to HQ. How can you not score a match and send your scores to Sedro within 3-4 weeks?!?!?!?! While this score probably would not have bumped me to Master (Thankfully, I gotta shoot the GSSF this weekend in Am Civ for High Jr male..... B)), but if I can get my scores in within 2 weeks of the deadline, why can't they when they have an extra week? Even more so now that you can upload classifier reports right to the USPSA server!!! :blink:<_<

Guest qstick

BJ --

You aren't talking about a club that shoots on the 3rd weekend of the month are you :P

My classifiers haven;t been sent in from them from 2 months ago :angry:

Between that, and the results not getting in from the York match from last weekend, I might be stuck in D class forever.

See you next Wednesday at Phil's............

I was right behind you on that list a month ago Ron, same thing happened to me. 84% and change to 83% and change now its 82%. I seem to have the problem of a 90% score falling off only to be replaced by a 79% or even worse a 73% score :o

The classifier I shot on the 9th of this month went in on the 10th via the upload feature available at uspsa.org. You are right about the laziness.

Woo hoo! I'm finally ahead of that (ex)sandbaggin' Ron. Up to #5 on the Top-A-Sandbagger list. :) :) :)

Dagnabbit, the next one entered is going to pull me down.

(Super-Sekret Sack-o-Sand tip: Shoot Open Minor. You'll never move up)

(ok, so I'm still in 'All Steel All The Time' mode)

It took a while but I just made "C" class. :D 43.395 % still seems a long way from the GM card so I'll just be humble and concentrate on the "B" card by next Spring........ You can teach old dogs new tricks!

"Never forget that a priest's life is a simple one and must remain free of ambition." - Master Po

Didn't think I'd post this, but I'm feeling a little vain tonight... Just made Master (!) with my GLOCK 35---stock except for a magwell and a hi-viz front sight, along with my super hi-tech uncle mikes kydex holster.

Didn't think I'd post this, but I'm feeling a little vain tonight... Just made Master (!) with my GLOCK 35---stock except for a magwell and a hi-viz front sight, along with my super hi-tech uncle mikes kydex holster.

Congratulations! You deserve to be a little vain, maybe a lot ! :lol:

Making Master is quite an accomplishment, and, your invitation to GM training.......

Way to go!

Tom,

Good shooting!

Did your buddy, Jason, move up shooting tupperware?

AikiDale, way to go...keep barking.

Razz...way to make the Glock Rock!!! (Kydex holster too...nice B) )

megaman, good job. (Get those Alphas and the Open classification will come right up too.)

As you the rest of you...I'll see ya in the Friday Flame War.... :P:P:P

Another Glock shooter makes Master. That really rocks. Now if you can make GM with that black pistol you will really silence the Glock critics. Way to go.

Nah, we'll just continue to be impressed by the skill it requires to make M and GM with such an equipment handicap. :P

you can learn a thing or two from Sand Captain about staying there I'm sure B)

LOL! That was a pretty good one. Caught me off guard.

I have never shot Area 6, so it must have been one of my teammates. Yeah, Tennessee 2002 was a very memorable match for me. A friend talked me into going to shooting it, so I went with him. For some reason, I had a screw-it attitude at the time, so I applied it to the match. I shot hell-bent-for-leather the entire match. On the drive home, I started thinking about how I felt that match, and I felt good. I was loose, relaxed and I didn't shoot conservatively. I didn't care if I had a miss or no-shoot. I just shot my best and accepted what happened. It was almost 6 months later before I was able to recapture that feeling.

Now I'm riding it all the way!

• 5 weeks later...