Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder For A 1050

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess not, i saw an ad in american Handgunner for a GSI, did a search on here but didnt see a good review yet. A bullet feeder isnt any good , or faster which is the only reason to buy one, unlessit has a correlator along with it. Hand loading tubes of bullets seems to me to be as slow or slower than putting the bullet on one at a time as your crank the handle.

• 3 months later...
I read a few threads on bullet feeders. Looked like 3 different ones but the threads went back to 2004. Just wondering if we have found a Reliable and Reasonably priced bullet feeder as of today.

FYI there is a new system coming out. see video at www.bulletfeeder.com

• 3 months later...

I saw the K.I.S.S. bullet feeder in action at a match I attended recently. I was VERY impressed. Simple, built with commonly found materials. I may have seen that sample 650 load 200 to 250 rounds and not a single hiccup from that feeder. You should see it flip the bullets point up... :o It's impressive!

I WANT ONE!

Edited by Nemo

I read a few threads on bullet feeders. Looked like 3 different ones but the threads went back to 2004. Just wondering if we have found a Reliable and Reasonably priced bullet feeder as of today.

FYI there is a new system coming out. see video at www.bulletfeeder.com

Chuck,

FWIW, this is the system that I'm probably going to go with. It seems simple and well built. I will have to try one out first though to be completely sold.

Rich

I saw the KISS unit at the Nationals and put one on order. Will report when I get it. The flipping collator is very cool. They use the weight of the bullet stack to slightly seat the one being loaded, which should be nice if it can be tuned easily.

I saw the KISS unit at the Nationals and put one on order. Will report when I get it. The flipping collator is very cool. They use the weight of the bullet stack to slightly seat the one being loaded, which should be nice if it can be tuned easily.

Shred,

I am not sure, but think that there is more force used to seat the projectile that that. I tried to pull the projectile out of a case and was not able to do it with my fingers. I am thinking that the first part of the actuator travel drops the projectile and then it is seated partially at the end of the travel.

If anyone is interested, I just uploaded a short video of Matt McClearn, Jamie Craig, Henning Wallgren and Saul Kirsch trying out the bulletfeeder at the Nationals in Tulsa.

view it at www.bulletfeeder.com You can tell they liked what they saw. Henning had the 1050 hiccup once on a piece of brass but the bulletfeeder worked perfectly.

Shred,

I am not sure, but think that there is more force used to seat the projectile that that. I tried to pull the projectile out of a case and was not able to do it with my fingers. I am thinking that the first part of the actuator travel drops the projectile and then it is seated partially at the end of the travel.

Somebody said it was driven by the bullet stack, but they might not have known.

My vendor tables were set up right beside the guys with the KISS bullet feeder at the Nationals. I'm not pitching their product, but I'll tell you what I saw. For three and a half days, I saw people trying to get that thing to not work and they were not successful. I saw some guys pull the press handle so fast that they short stroked it and prevented the press from indexing. That's the only time I saw the bullet feeder not work, and that obviously wasn't a bullet feeder problem. The toilet flange mount and PVC pipe is IMO somewhat "interesting", but to the KISS rep's point; they could make the whole thing really nice out of stainless steel or something, but that would just increase the cost. The critical components like the rotor plate and motor are high quality and well designed. I was impressed with the product and the abuse it took at the Nationals, but still continued to work.

I tried Bulletfeeders stuff in Tulsa. I like it. I asked about warranty and the reply is NO BS if it breaks, gives you problems, or just don't like it we fix it or refund your money. Pretty good warranty IMO. Just like the warranty on the machine I will use it on. Just as soon as I can part with $550 bucks. He told me had a list of names (over 200) on the waiting list that all signed up at Tulsa, plus the names he already had on the list.