Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder For A 1050

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A while back a nearby shooter was selling (might still be) a GSI feeder for a 1050, so they do exist in some (maybe small) quantities. After ~2500 rounds, I'm still very happy with my KISS, especially their customer service to date.

• 2 weeks later...
still no pics eh?

Nope. I have asked Mr Enos for the name of the user who purchased five GSI units so I could contact him. The KISS system may be the way to go, but I would sure like to talk to someone about the GSI unit. Maybe I will try calling them tomorrow.

I read a few threads on bullet feeders. Looked like 3 different ones but the threads went back to 2004. Just wondering if we have found a Reliable and Reasonably priced bullet feeder as of today.

FYI there is a new system coming out. see video at www.bulletfeeder.com

I've hade my KISS bullet feeder for a few months now. I have it set up in 9mm, 38 super, and 40. I've had the opportunity to load several thousand rounds in each calliber without a single problem.

Ray

Chuck,

FWIW, this is the system that I'm probably going to go with. It seems simple and well built. I will have to try one out first though to be completely sold.

Rich

KISS. the GSI setup looks way overdone. the KISS one is pretty much what I'd be looking at building with a buddy of mine for the last couple years. Difference is, Roger actually did it, and did it well. Not sure my design ability would have been able to do what he's done.

I am quite excited to get this thing and get it up and running. I tore down my 1050 yesterday, completly, cleaned and regreased it and put it back together (and tested it, it works).

actually one thing I couldn't get apart was the main cam. I couldn't figure out how to take it apart and get to the bearings inside it.

So after a few weeks of waiting I received the following package from Roger at www.bulletfeeder.com

The happy box with the bullet collator on top

Bulletfeeder001.jpg

The next level has the rest of the collator stand, yes it's plumbing pipe. As Roger says, he could make it out of stainless steel and charge more money. But this works, and works well

Bulletfeeder002.jpg

The 3 pieces and the power supply on my bench

Bulletfeeder003.jpg

A useless picture of the top of my press, anxiously awaiting the feed die. I had in fact just finished adjusting the powder measure with the new expander funnel in it

Bulletfeeder004.jpg

Adjusting the bullet feeding die, very easy to do

Bulletfeeder005.jpg

The bullet feeding die installed and full of bullets. Notice the spring feed tube from the bullet collator to the top of the die. A very slick piece of work that is

Bulletfeeder006.jpg

A picture from the front, I'll get some tomorrow showing the inside of the collator, it's different than the first vids that were on the website

Bulletfeeder007.jpg

A picture of the back of the unit showing the power switch. Not sure why it's here, but I might move it around to the front at some point in the future. If it really bothers me that is

Bulletfeeder008.jpg

this things works amazingly well, and is simple as hell to install. The hardest part for me was putting in the spring tube that guides the bullets to the feed die. once I figured that out it was off to the races. One thing I didn't take a picture of was the new expander that comes with the unit, it replaces the one that comes with the Dillon powder measure, and helps flare the case a little more than what you might normally do. this allows the bullet to seat easier in the feed station. That's right it seats it there, but only enough to keep the bullet from falling over and getting jammed or messing up your rhythm. I did manage to outpace it a few times, but I think that's because I had too many bullets in the bullet hopper, once it had fed 100 or so I had no real problems. Out of the 2000 rounds I loaded in just over an hour (yes 1 hour for 2000 rounds), I had no malfunctions at all, no upside down bullets, no problems at all. This makes loading so much faster and easier it's not even funny.

Now some of you might be worried about no powder check die being installed. Well I've never used one so it's no issue to me anyhow, but if it is to you, I would suggest going to a combo seat/crimp die from RCBS or someone, and then move the bullet feeder over one station so you can still use your powder check.

This unit will fit on any progressive press on the market today, so long as you have an empty space prior to the seating station. It's available in pretty much all of the major calibres, but there is about an 8 week lead time right now. Needless to say Roger is a very busy man, as this unit is proving to be very very popular. It's already over in Europe with Saul Kirsch being the salesman over there.

I really cannot say enough good things about this unit. It's absolutely rocks, and is dead simple to setup and use.

If you reload a lot of ammo, consider this as soon as you can afford it, it will make a huge difference to your reloading speed.

I know most of you know all the stuff I typed above, I just copied this report from another forum I post on.

Edited by slavex

Great post Slavex,

Your pictures and comments were a great help to me.

People like you and Shred help a lot of us with your honest impressions, Rather than just a sales hype.

Look forward to the rest of the pictures you will post.

I was gonna paint my bright orange.............................

no no I wasn't. I like it the way it is actually, but I would imagine a lot of them will get painted blue in the future.

hey slavex,

what's that plastic bag for on the case feeder?

lynn

Set my K.I.S.S. feeder up last night on one of my 1050's,

It IS AWESOME!

Simple set up

Runs like a champ.

loaded 100 rounds in 2.5 minutes, no mistakes.

only thing slowing you down is getting MORE Primers ready to go!

(thinking about drilling a hole in the ceiling and making a LONGER primer feed tube! :blink: )

PS,

Make sure your alarm batteries are FRESH, the low primer alarm goes off fast & often....

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a change to mine. I was still having trouble with it keeping up. I found that bullets weren't falling into the collator slots if they were base done, they were hanging up on the edge of the slot. So I took my Dremel tool to the slots and beveled/chamfered them slightly. what a difference it makes, now I can't go fast enough to run out of bullets. I am actually going to do a little more and make it look nicer, probably use my buddies mill to do it. I've also had bullets spit out of the tube a couple times when the 1050 head is rising. Might be tip down bullets getting past the stop spring or something?