Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder For A 1050

what keeps the bullets from going in upside down?? some reason i cant figure that out? i looked at the Gsi pictures on there web site looks like a 650 primer system but for bullets i also like that you can use the powder check on the gsi

There was a short answer to this question but it didn't help much. It appears from the video that "something" under the round plate does this function. I'd love to hear some one describe it better or post a pic of it. So far, no reports of upside down bullets so it must work very well.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You read the instructions? :o , Thats a point deduction off your man card, 3 points if you read them before even trying to set it up. :P

Sparky, the little white disk under the grey plate is what does the trick. Simple, rugged and effective. Its a "bullet proof" design :lol::rolleyes: I know it was cheesy but I could resist.

Edited by Mike Dame

You read the instructions? :o , Thats a point deduction off your man card, 3 points if you read them before even trying to set it up. :P

Sparky, the little white disk under the grey plate is what does the trick. Simple, rugged and effective. Its a "bullet proof" design :lol::rolleyes: I know it was cheesy but I could resist.

Thanks for the answer. I figured out it was the round white insert but you can't make out in any of the pictures any detail enough to "see" how it accomplishes the flip. I am real curious how it is accomplished.

Also curious what goes on in the die for the press.... what stops the pile of bullets from falling out the bottom yet releases one at a time????

Love to see a close up pic of these two things.

Yeah it was cheesy, but no sweat, broad shoulders. Take your 3 points.

Thanks for the answer. I figured out it was the round white insert but you can't make out in any of the pictures any detail enough to "see" how it accomplishes the flip. I am real curious how it is accomplished.

Also curious what goes on in the die for the press.... what stops the pile of bullets from falling out the bottom yet releases one at a time????

Love to see a close up pic of these two things.

Here are some pics.

The last one is of the piece that allows the bullet to flip.

HPIM0708.jpg

HPIM0709.jpg

HPIM0710.jpg

HPIM0711.jpg

HPIM0712.jpg

I have a question for folks that have the KISS set up in .38 caliber. How does the supplied powder die expand the case differently than the dillon 650 or 1050 dies?

The reason that I ask is that I only have about .150 of neck (bearing surface) with which to hold the projectile. If the new powder die expands the case for most or all of that distance, the bullet could simply fall back into the case while feeding. My current 1050 die does not expand the case at all, and merely bells the lip to to aid in alignment.

Thanks,

Leo

Somewhere up there I posted my experiences-- I've used it with both the 1050 angled one-powder-funnel-for-everything and the KISS caliber-specific funnel (which is a lot like the 650 powder funnel)-- both worked, but you have to set the primer swage backup rod to neck expand a little if you stick with the 1050 die. You don't need a lot of neck expanding-- the KISS only drops them a short way into the case, but without it, bullets can fall over on cycling the shellplate. The KISS die does have more than .150 expanding length on it, so you'd have to modify that if you wanted to use it.

FWIW, very short bullets don't do so well in the KISS either-- they can get sideways in the spring-tube.

Shred,

I exclusively use Zero 115's in my 9x25 and have the 1050 swage enabled with about a .352-.353 diameter on the shaft. That opens the case to the point where the bullet is held firmly by the case but does not have to force it's way in too bad. You know what I am trying to do, do think it will work?

That should work-- if you can push a bullet into a case without a lot of force and have it stay there until the shellplate cycles, that's all you need-- the KISS pretty much just pushes the bullet in with the weight of a 5" stack of bullets and uses that to hold the bullet from tipping until it gets to the seater.

Thanks a bunch, now i got the idea, so now more magic.

Has anyone got detailed pictures of the bullet seater?

I dont have the money to buy one, so i just looks at the pictures and prays that i would win a bunch of money so could afford one.

Thanks a bunch, now i got the idea, so now more magic.

Has anyone got detailed pictures of the bullet seater?

I dont have the money to buy one, so i just looks at the pictures and prays that i would win a bunch of money so could afford one.

Here are what you asked for.

HPIM0724.jpg

HPIM0725.jpg

HPIM0727.jpg

HPIM0728.jpg

Wow, that one pic of the case with bullet in the shellplate.... the case mouth bell looks the size of a trumpet !!!!!

PS The problem with getting a good pic of the white hockey puck is the flash on the camera is wiping out all the detail. Try a pic or two with the flash off, a lot more detail should show.

Wow, that one pic of the case with bullet in the shellplate.... the case mouth bell looks the size of a trumpet !!!!!

PS The problem with getting a good pic of the white hockey puck is the flash on the camera is wiping out all the detail. Try a pic or two with the flash off, a lot more detail should show.

The flare isn't as big as it looks and is needed for the bullet to remain in place when the shellplate rotates. The seating die irons out the flare nicely and I don't believe the neck is worked too hard.

The flash was off. :D

The flare isn't as big as it looks and is needed for the bullet to remain in place when the shellplate rotates. The seating die irons out the flare nicely and I don't believe the neck is worked too hard.

The flash was off. :D

Again, thanks so much for taking the time to give us all the scoop and pictures, its much appreciated and well above the call of duty.

The white puck has to be in the feeder to do it's magic-- it's the bullet being pushed over it by the feed plate that flips it if it's the wrong way up-- bullets are bigger at one end than the other. The slot is carefully cut to be just a little smaller than the big end of a bullet, so one the right way up just slides on by, while one the wrong way up falls in and gets pushed around and flipped by the cam track in the puck. IIRC, that's one of the key patents on the KISS system.

I've loaded 115 Montana Gold JHPs with no problems. The MG 95gr JHPs are trickier since they can get stuck in the spring tube.

The white puck has to be in the feeder to do it's magic-- it's the bullet being pushed over it by the feed plate that flips it if it's the wrong way up-- bullets are bigger at one end than the other. The slot is carefully cut to be just a little smaller than the big end of a bullet, so one the right way up just slides on by, while one the wrong way up falls in and gets pushed around and flipped by the cam track in the puck. IIRC, that's one of the key patents on the KISS system.

I've loaded 115 Montana Gold JHPs with no problems. The MG 95gr JHPs are trickier since they can get stuck in the spring tube.

Brings to mind a couple questions.... is the drop tube spring the same for all calibers? What about the hockey puck flipper? What does a caliber change kit include.

I don't flare as much as RePete......I have loaded MG 121 IFP (115 JHP filled up) and 115 JHP no problem, but did have some problem with sierra 90 gr JHP falling sideway......but it was just to try I don't intend to actually use them in my gun at the present.

They are for my 9mm steel load.....which I load on a 650...