Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder For A 1050

what keeps the bullets from going in upside down?? some reason i cant figure that out? i looked at the Gsi pictures on there web site looks like a 650 primer system but for bullets i also like that you can use the powder check on the gsi

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've really started to hate reloading over the last year and after loading 700 rounds last night I decided the price is worth it. Called him up a little over an hour ago. Any body got anything to make chamber checking go quicker?

yup, it's called not doing it. I had trouble with Dillon crimp die when I switched to the 1050 from my RCBS setup. So I got a Lee Factory crimp die. zero problems now.

I chamber checked my ammo (1050) and found that they were perfect from the get go. Don't bother anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the Kiss bullet feeder today. I am very impressed, Only ordered 1 to try it out before getting another.

Roger and his crew do really nice work and this thing rocks. Took less than 40 Min's to set up, Well I didn't screw it to the bench yet trying to finalize the position before putting holes in the Formica top. I think I am going to make up brackets to the case feeder pole like seem on Saul"s machine, Great idea there.

Could easily do 2000 rounds a hour. Only negative I got is what I already was warned about the ball bearing being loose. Will have to come up with a way to keep it from falling out when the machine gets moved to another. What have you guys worked out for this?

Any other tips you can give? So far so good as they say.

Here is a couple of quick Pics, But please pardon the mess, Expanding the bench system and now that has turned into redoing the whole room. So I got some plastic table to hold crap as I build my way around the room.

post-1126-1170713294.jpg

post-1126-1170713316.jpg

post-1126-1170713446.jpg

Loves2shoot,

You will not be disappointed.

I already got a little mirror setup thing going to allow to see into the case for powder inspection while staying comfortably in front of the machine, Just one of those angled inspection mirrors, But at this speed you pretty much just have to trust your powder measure.

Now when are they going to get some rifle cal. conv kits going, Can't wait for a .223 and .308 option for the carbines.

I ordered mine from Angus a few weeks ago. Angus is always great to deal with. And I can buy with a credit card through Angus (psssd....Roger take note).

Set up was a breeze.

But I hate it. The thing is going to cost me a fortune to feed. I have 13 primer tubes and that sure ain't enough. The powder measure needs another foot added to it, and I need to rig a shute to the 1050 for the loaded rounds to slide down to a 5 gallon bucket.

I had to adjust the bullet nose guide clockwise a little. Then I made the mistake of seeing how long it would take for it mess up. Well 700 rounds later I gave up and went to look in the classifieds for a second job.

I did not buy this unit to reload faster, but you can very easily get carried away trying to keep both the casefeeder and the bulletfeeder running nonstop. I bought this unit because my left hand would cramp up and give me problems for days after even a short (3-400 round) loading session.

A low primer warning system is a must with this thing.

Yes a feeder system in 223 and 30 cal would look great attached to my 550.

OK, I am gonna need one of those sooner rather than later!!! YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!!!!

How caliber specific is the K.I.S.S. bullet feeder? Can it do both .40 and .45?

OK, being you guys did not answer my question :angry:

I did some internet research. Apparently, the caliber conversion kit is $150.

Sorry Z.

I bought a 9mm unit and the 40 conversion. I haven't tried the 40 unit yet. Mine came with a seperate bullet plate, bullet dropper kit and powder funnel for each kit.

I should have told Angus to have him hold the PVC stuff. I can get that stuff for nothin' and make the same mount.

Christmas time again.

My bullet feeder arrived today. Yipee!!!!!!!!!!

Re adjusting the powder measure was the hardest thing to adjust.

The instructions are one of the best that I have seen. Ikea it ain't.

Flare dimensions for the calibers are given and actually work.

I craked out a few round and it's works out to about a round in 2 seconds, to start.

Ask me if I'm happy!

Edited by RePete

Christmas time again.

Reajusting the powder measure was the hardest thing to adjust.

I craked out a few round and it's works out to about a round in 2 seconds, to start.

Ask me if I'm happy!

Are ya happy with it?

Christmas time again.

Reajusting the powder measure was the hardest thing to adjust.

Ask me if I'm happy!

Are ya happy with it?

Don't ask! :lol:

Extremely, thanks for asking. :D:D

I highly recommend this piece of kit.

RePete,

The thing is addictive ain't it. Now I am just loading for the fun of watching it. When you get bored of it you will have enough ammo for a couple of seasons laying around. I am already reloading for my close Friend and not even complaining about it.

I tell them show up will components and try it. Then I have them leave extra behind, Now he has a bucket sitting here waiting to go home.

RePete,

The thing is addictive ain't it. Now I am just loading for the fun of watching it. When you get bored of it you will have enough ammo for a couple of seasons laying around. I am already reloading for my close Friend and not even complaining about it.

I tell them show up will components and try it. Then I have them leave extra behind, Now he has a bucket sitting here waiting to go home.

Ain't that the truth.

What did I do before this piece of kit?