Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 7 AD just got removed

Just now, RJH said:

Well, I am in area 4 so that is interesting.....

I know on FB the a4 director had been taken off the area 4 group, but last I saw he had vowed to not step down. 

Maybe Scott will be reenlisted 

They suspended placing Sherwyn as interim A3D until Delaware law could be reviewed regarding the removal of Scott (I think... lost service a lot during the meeting)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is everyone's opinion on the web meeting format ?  I do like the transparency but it seems like some of the people participating are new to it and don't get the part where they can be seen and heard the whole time.

1 hour ago, mreed911 said:

That's an interesting switch and quick turnaround.  Anyone know what led to this happening so fast?

I'm in Area 4, so I'm interested in who/what/where next.

A7 appealed the removal to YML and was voted back on. A4 has been getting raked over the coals because he wasn't an RO when he took the seat. He had enough and quit. 

13 minutes ago, 858 said:

The marketing director started clubs are unaffiliating and asked ADs to contact them. 

9 minutes ago, 858 said:

A7 appealed the removal to YML and was voted back on. A4 has been getting raked over the coals because he wasn't an RO when he took the seat. He had enough and quit. 

I can't say I'm surprised about either of these.  There's a major match coming up in Area 4 in February.  Hope they find someone willing to step up and do right by then.

Tonight's board was the most positive step forward I have seen in awhile. Area 2 finally kept quite with the nonsensical garbage usually put out there. Reinstating 7 was only right. A year on the board and magically donna found out he didn't have continuous membership by 5 days but was totally cool with Mel not having an RO and allowing him to get it was a bad look. Maybe this is the slow turn around. Can someone confirm did they not fill the open seat with a temp for area3? Scotts? Looks like some new rules coming also effecting what hammer down for production is IE half cocked, thigh straps, and removal of gun belt with holstered gun being allowed. Those were the bigger ones I thought.

58 minutes ago, TaterHead said:

Someone said they were going to “hit factor” matches. How is that different from uspsa? Is is the same thing only not reported to uspsa?

Yes, USPSA doesn't have a monopoly on the concept of hit factor scoring (or even the rules in general).

I "get" Roberts Rules but holy cow that just seems to slow things down and result in basic sentences taking double or triple the length needed to spit it out. 

McDonalds Cashier: The cashier recognizes the customer

Me: Point of order I want a burger fries and a drink

Cashier: Is there a second on the motion?

My vision is that people sometimes are polite on the outside but on the inside......hoo boy. 

People are way overusing Point of Order.

You need to make a motion that the cashier take your burger order, somebody to second then it will be open for discussion until somebody calls the question.  Point of order is for when somebody wants to point out you're at Taco Bell or are a canine and not authorized to make that motion.

Yeah, it's a PITA, but maybe better than the alternatives, but half-assing Roberts Rules is the worst of both worlds.

Been a match director for 30 years.  Have a section meeting every year. Stopped attending because someone would always feel the need to go "roberts rules crazy " and drag what should be a 20 min meeting out for 2 hrs.  I think this is the main problem with the board.  From as long as I could stand to watch the YouTube  of meeting it seemed like 2 people are rules and procedures nuts and want to show everyone how smart they are. Not sure if rest of bord has an agenda or not.

1 minute ago, barry said:

Been a match director for 30 years.  Have a section meeting every year. Stopped attending because someone would always feel the need to go "roberts rules crazy " and drag what should be a 20 min meeting out for 2 hrs.  I think this is the main problem with the board.  From as long as I could stand to watch the YouTube  of meeting it seemed like 2 people are rules and procedures nuts and want to show everyone how smart they are. Not sure if rest of bord has an agenda or not.

In the current climate with a lawsuit already filed against the org and the seemingly constant removing and reinstating people to office I think following the rules probably trumps getting done early. 

Again probably true. Don't think area director is a paying position. I could be wrong.  Need normal shooters to step up and run ,not just bitch on internet. 

Also need more people willing to step up and help out at all levels of this game instead of pointing out what needs to be changed by others.

6 hours ago, TaterHead said:

Someone said they were going to “hit factor” matches. How is that different from uspsa? Is is the same thing only not reported to uspsa?

$$$$$

4 hours ago, barry said:

Again probably true. Don't think area director is a paying position. I could be wrong.  Need normal shooters to step up and run ,not just bitch on internet. 

Also need more people willing to step up and help out at all levels of this game instead of pointing out what needs to be changed by others.

Correct  AD's aren't paid, but they can get reimbursed for expenses.

Your comments are so true, and can be said of virtually every group I've ever been involved with.  From Unions to Gun Clubs to Charity Organizations.

I wonder what BoD members do for day jobs. Not being snarky, but to sit through 5 hours of this AND go to work the next day might be non-optimal. Some seem much sharper mentally/verbally than others. 

8 hours ago, shred said:

Yeah, it's a PITA, but maybe better than the alternatives, but half-assing Roberts Rules is the worst of both worlds.

Sounds like my last company's approach to SCRUM and Agile.  Half-ass it and watch as productivity tanks.

While I’m glad that USPSA has chosen to (finally) live-stream the BOD meetings, it is probably counter-productive if they wish to encourage people to run for the position.

It was a tortuous experience to say the least. The endless and convoluted motions and the line-by-line reading  of the rules amendments had me tearing my hair out…

This is probably what hell looks like, an interminable bored meeting.

Edited by BritinUSA

2 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

While I’m glad that USPSA has chosen to (finally) live-stream the BOD meetings, it is probably counter-productive if they wish to encourage people to run for the position.

It was a tortuous experience to say the least. The endless and convoluted motions and the line-by-line reading  of the rules amendments had me tearing my hair out…

This is probably what hell looks like, an interminable bored meeting.

I dont think they're used to running the meetings in that fashion, and once everyone gets used to it, it won't take a minute each time to get a 2nd, and they won't have to explain 3 times what's being voted on and what yes or no means for a vote... as long as people are paying attention.... lots of down time in the meetings, and I think the 2nd one took even longer as YML seemed to also be the one taking notes.