Any love for Sport Pistol powder?

ysrracer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, louu said:

I think it's the best powder made but it's been out of stock forever 

^^^This! When I first joined here that’s all anyone used/talked about and many claimed it was the poor man’s N320. I went to try some and “poof” none to be found. Now it’s almost as expensive as n320. I loaded up with enough e3 before the $$ increase and that will last me awhile. 

Edited by Farmer
Spelling

35 minutes ago, Farmer said:

^^^This! When I first joined here that’s all anyone used/talked about and many claimed it was the poor man’s N320. I went to try some and “poof” none to be found. Now it’s almost as expensive as n320. I loaded up with enough e3 before the $$ increase and that will last me awhile. 

ditto, although the other latest greatest at the time was cleanshot.... AKA Accurate #2.  and I ran into a couple kegs of A 2 So thats what I ended up stocking up with. Basically wanted something that wouldnt smoke the older black coated bullets, as I had alot on hand, along with alot of tightgroup..
So will save the tight group for jacketed. and have been using AA2 for everything else.
Was looking at powder valley prices recently and good grief.. VV prices have stayed about the same but every thing else caught up. 
Figured this would happen with Hodgdon buying everything.. Just likes what has happened with primers

Burnt up 8 pounds and have 16 more, love it! It has been the best 9 minor powder I've tried to date, cleaner then titegroup, cheaper and meters better than N320. Will say it is not smoke free, but 1st world problems. If I was to chose a 2nd place I would go with cleanshot/AA#2.

23 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Geeze, I should have loaded up when these guys had it. They had 75 one pound bottles not too long ago.

I bought a bunch of powder from Bruno a few months ago and they told me they were discontinuing Alliant powders.   Perhaps due to lack of supply?

44 minutes ago, chevrofreak said:

I bought a bunch of powder from Bruno a few months ago and they told me they were discontinuing Alliant powders.   Perhaps due to lack of supply?

Beats me, but I should have loaded up :)

14 hours ago, Out of Ammo said:

I used Sport Pistol when it first came out.  It was a little hotter than I expected, but I liked it.  I switched back to WST for my minor loads but will go back to Sport Pistol this winter.

WST is another one that took a big price increase. 

2 hours ago, Out of Ammo said:

It sure has. It's ridiculous how the prices have increased.

It makes me sad when I see the new prices and look at my old stock. 
IMG_3642.thumb.jpeg.b74af225ad2159f1dd0e05454ba8fce1.jpeg
Or an old pound of Bullseye that was given to me. 
IMG_3643.thumb.jpeg.7707e5433c4c1d14f380f4b262cead76.jpeg

Edited by Farmer

AA2 was clean shot before it was clean shot.
 basically when AA2 moved factories the original CZech  factory that was making it, kept making it and marketed under Shooters World Cleanshot.
Hogdon has AA2 now, no idea where its made, and its possible like other powders that move, it changes slightly.