Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited optics strong early showing

RJH

2 minutes ago, SufferInSilence said:

The good ones.  Not the ones that got lucky on a couple of classifiers.  😂 

So... the people who are at the top of the game, the sport should not be influenced by them?  Who should it be influenced by in that case? 

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SufferInSilence said:

- The ones with top dollar sponsorship

- The ones that go to natz and win

You realize there's like maybe 2 or 3 guys who do this for a living... and none of them have won nats recently?  Everyone else has a day job. 

Unless you are on the AMU team... every single "Elite GM" offers classes for a living. Not a single person is paid to shoot matches. That includes Max, JJ, Nils, Shane, and even Ben when he wasn't banned... literally all of them hold classes to generate money to live off of. This notion of "Paid pros" is a lie and always has been. 

2 minutes ago, SufferInSilence said:

Relax Mikey.  Don’t get all triggered by an Enos post about a game, just cause someone used lingo you don’t like. 😂 

I like your lingo up until now I though Elite GMs were just GMs who people thought were douche canoes but you're saying they're what we call the opposite of paper GMs lol. 

56 minutes ago, SufferInSilence said:

So… putting this thread on topic before the mods shut “this one” down too, LO is cool and fun, and everyone loves it.  ❤️🇺🇸😆

Who else plans to shoot it for the long haul? 

Long haul no… but I’ll use it to cross train divisions and mess around when I’m not shooting open. 

locally we aren’t seeing many shoot LO yet. Now that CO nats is over, maybe it will pick up? 

16 hours ago, SufferInSilence said:

Its not a real division yet... its entirely possible it won't work out or better yet be totally changed around from the provisional one after everyone buys s#!t for it (see CO as it exists now lol).  That's really the biggest issue IMHO.  

I plan on being a long haul limited optics shooter. I honestly don't see them changing the division much if at all. I think limited optics hits the notes that pretty much everybody wants, so no real reason to change. 

I wasn't sure for a little while if it would be the division I would stick with, as I'm new to shooting mainly dots, and there were some growing pains. But I am starting to get more comfortable with that dot and starting to really like it

11 minutes ago, RJH said:

I wasn't sure for a little while if it would be the division I would stick with, as I'm new to shooting mainly dots, and there were some growing pains. But I am starting to get more comfortable with that dot and starting to really like it

That is how I was in 2020 with Carry Optics. I was shooting Limited and Production but was not having as much fun. I liked shooting Limited and was happy with my equipment but once I shot Carry Optics I really enjoyed it. Even with an FNS 9L and Vortex Venom it was addictive to use the dot and made me enjoy it a lot more. 

If capacity was lower I don't think I'd have enjoyed it as much though.

If it wasn't for Carry Optics I would have quit in 2020/2021 because I wasn't having a lot of fun. Since then I have gotten more involved, shot a Sectional (and helped with setup of it), help with my local and am a lot more involved.

I switched to LO to get classified but really like the magwell and still love my dot (SRO this time).

If I had to go to irons or lo cap I wouldn't continue to shoot.

22 minutes ago, truespode said:

That is how I was in 2020 with Carry Optics. I was shooting Limited and Production but was not having as much fun. I liked shooting Limited and was happy with my equipment but once I shot Carry Optics I really enjoyed it. Even with an FNS 9L and Vortex Venom it was addictive to use the dot and made me enjoy it a lot more. 

If capacity was lower I don't think I'd have enjoyed it as much though.

If it wasn't for Carry Optics I would have quit in 2020/2021 because I wasn't having a lot of fun. Since then I have gotten more involved, shot a Sectional (and helped with setup of it), help with my local and am a lot more involved.

I switched to LO to get classified but really like the magwell and still love my dot (SRO this time).

If I had to go to irons or lo cap I wouldn't continue to shoot.

I still love iron sights, and if limited wasn't dying I would probably just shoot it. Hell, single stack is still one of my favorite divisions, and if more people shot it that's actually where I would probably stay. But the future is now so limited optics is probably where I'm at for the foreseeable future

After a burst of interest, LO in my local club (SLPSA) is more or less half of what it was in the first six weeks of availability.  I think people dabbled and perhaps, some realized that it just wasn’t different enough for their taste, with quite a few dabblers seemingly going back to CO with 7 weeks to go till our state match.  

Here’s this weekend’s upcoming match breakdown, with two slots still available.

IMG_0535.jpeg.ca5cc1e5e4509c0bb8e397653a71e3f4.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Archer said:

After a burst of interest, LO in my local club (SLPSA) is more or less half of what it was in the first six weeks of availability.  I think people dabbled and perhaps, some realized that it just wasn’t different enough for their taste, with quite a few dabblers seemingly going back to CO with 7 weeks to go till our state match.  

Here’s this weekend’s upcoming match breakdown, with two slots still available.

IMG_0535.jpeg.ca5cc1e5e4509c0bb8e397653a71e3f4.jpeg

I kind of expected a big interest at the beginning just from people getting classified with their carryops guns and such. But even after slacking off limited optics is still the fourth biggest division at the match you posted and it's just over 2 months old. That still seems very promising to me

On 7/5/2023 at 2:14 PM, Maximis228 said:

Unless you are on the AMU team... every single "Elite GM" offers classes for a living. Not a single person is paid to shoot matches. That includes Max, JJ, Nils, Shane, and even Ben when he wasn't banned... literally all of them hold classes to generate money to live off of. This notion of "Paid pros" is a lie and always has been. 

Max, JJ and Nils are absolutely paid mostly to shoot with some PR and R&D thrown in. I can think of maybe 4-5 US shooters in this situation. 

On 7/5/2023 at 2:52 PM, SufferInSilence said:

I am in for the long haul.  Shooting 2011s are a blast and by far the most fun I have shooting.  It will be interesting to see where it goes and the changes made in the future.  

Edited by Boomstick303

Just now, Boomstick303 said:

I am in for the long haul.  Shooting 2011s are a blast and by far the most fun I have shooting.  IT will be interesting to see where it goes and the changes made in the future.  

Same here!  IMO, nothing compares to the 1911/2011 fire control group!

Unmatched fun factor!

;)

Our second match of this month comes this weekend- LO participants still decreasing a bit, from about 12 percent last week down to about 8 percent.  That proportion is actually in alignment with current pre-registration for our state championship coming up at the end of August, which is currently a little more than 2/3 full.

IMG_0537.jpeg.dc4a70cb5f7b3f300f686bb2ac739161.jpeg

Edited by Archer

On 7/6/2023 at 8:45 AM, RJH said:

I plan on being a long haul limited optics shooter. I honestly don't see them changing the division much if at all. I think limited optics hits the notes that pretty much everybody wants, so no real reason to change. 

Recent round of HQ surveys suggests otherwise... they're questioning if it should be major/minor.  

If that happens everyone with a 9mm gun will be at a significant disadvantage. 

11 minutes ago, mikeg1005 said:

Recent round of HQ surveys suggests otherwise... they're questioning if it should be major/minor.  

Part of me is starting to hope they go major/minor just to see what happens. I think it shoots the division in the foot. 

19 minutes ago, mikeg1005 said:

They're not going to change it, they're just doing it so they can say they did their due diligence. 

9 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Part of me is starting to hope they go major/minor just to see what happens. I think it shoots the division in the foot. 

Me too because I want to see the butthurt of everyone with a 9mm gun now cry that they need to get a 40cal.

2 minutes ago, RJH said:

They're not going to change it, they're just doing it so they can say they did their due diligence. 

They won't do it because Springfield, STI, etc. are geared towards 9mm 2011 type pistols not 40cal and not 9 major. 

It a division for the sponsors, not for the shooter.