Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC trigger recommendation

Looking to get a PCC trigger recommendation.  This will not be a competition gun.  

Reliability being the 1st priority

Price 2nd

Trigger pull 3rd, but something better than a mil spec trigger pull.

It will be used in a QC 10 GSF lower.

If you’re just looking for an improvement over milspec… the ALG ACT is in every non-competition AR I own. Great value. 

Advertised to be no less than 5#, but all mine are around 3.5-4# pull… and glassy smooth. Basically  cleaned up surfaces and nickel-boron coated. 

Sub-$80 trigger. 

Edited by Dirty_J

I used a Palmetto State polished nickel ss trigger and a JP spring kit on my blowback ar9. It was a perfectly fine trigger for punching paper at the range and I had zero problems with light strikes with a variety of factory ammo and various primer brands in reloaded rounds.

Is it as nice as my ss Hiperfire? No, but it's pretty close for less than half the price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 9:34 AM, AngelDeVille said:

awesome thread, building my first pcc, and I have never tried and "improved" trigger, I have always just polished the "budget-spec" triggers that came in the parts kit.

I've shot two AR9's with "standard" AR triggers, one being the first AR9 I built.  The trigger slap was so horrible I could only stand 20 shots from my brand new build and my trigger finger felt like I'd hit it with a hammer.  Let my big, 6ft 4 buddy shoot it-he lasted five rounds and said his fun meter was pegged.  An other persons was equally as bad....

I have CMC triggers in all mine now........

On 4/4/2023 at 11:48 AM, AngelDeVille said:

I got the rise armament pcc for my pcc and the alg act to try out on another build. 

thanks for the heads up!

I had ordered the flat trigger before I realized there was a curved one, but I don’t regret it, seems very much nicer than stock. 

IMG_2105 Copy.jpeg

Edited by AngelDeVille