Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Georgia State Championship

good luck to all the shooters,going to miss this one. :( shoot stright and fast

+1

Looks like I'm in the same boat Roger :(

hate to hear that john.i was hopeing you would kick some butt over there. maybe i will see you at the 3-gun match in july.

roger

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ya'll,

The weather is loooookkkkiiinnnnn gooooooddd for this weekend!

(but dont quote me on that...this is GA and weather can change with a :blink:)

I am packing up registration stuff and heading to the range this morning! :D

Let the fun begin!!! :wacko:

See ya'll soon and have a safe trip....dd

Edited by Lady Singlestack

Does anyone know if there will be an area to function fire? thanks, Old John u

No, there will not be.

It looks like I am gonna be able to shoot after all. I just returned from the range and the match looks like a lot of fun. I will be shooting Friday and working Saturday. See ya'll there :D

Yet another great match by Roger, Carlos, and a cast of many. Great job guys! :D

+1

I love the format of this match. It has small squads and short waits to shoot each stage. More matches should adopt this format IMO.

It was a great match! Carlos, Roger & Co. showed once again they really know how to put on a fine show. My personal thanks to all of the stage staff who worked so hard to allow us to come out and play. I've worked a few matches, and going somewhere where the staff tells you to relax and let them do all of the stage reset is like a trip to Disney World for me!

**I did learn a valuable lesson about the half-day format. If you shoot the morning session and don't wait around for the 6 hours or so until the final results protest period, you may be surprised by what you see the next morning. :(

Thanks again, folks!

Edited by ima45dv8

Thanks Larry...Everyone wanted to know where my "partner in crime" was.

I see that my shooting partner Razz represented the team. High Master Limited. 4th overall. Great job!

How many ways are their to say GREAT MATCH anyway? :wacko: How many times can Carlos and Roger put on a perfect state match? ( AND I MEAN PERFECT) Cherokee and staff manages to out do them selves every year.

OK Carlos and Roger how about next year???????????

Ronnie

South Eastern Fall Classic... sign me up! :) Something tells me that all the hard-working staff will want a bit more of a break though...

Thanks again to everyone who helped out with the match and an extra big thank you to Roger and Carlos.

The match was AWESOME and will always be one of my favorites - very challenging and yet a ton of fun. If you missed out on this year's GA State, try to make it to a Cherokee local match. You will see the same great courses on a monthy basis.

Thanks again, everyone!!!!

Julie

If you missed out on this year's GA State, try to make it to a Cherokee local match. You will see the same great courses on a monthy basis.

So very true! We're blessed locally with clubs that put on "little local montly" matches that rival or exceed many state-level conpetitions. I sometimes think we overdo it. :)

Edited by ima45dv8

Carlos and Roger did a really good job again this year. It was a fun match at a beautiful range on a gorgeous day.

Allow me to be the first to say, as CRO on stage 1, what a great bunch of folks we had come to play with us this weekend!

Thanks to all that came :)

Well with a week to decompress I think it's time to add some thoughts. Overall I think the match went off successfully. The shooters certainly like the half day format. With over 200 rounds to be shot (9 stages) in just over 5 hours there is no down time. The RO's really earn their salary...

We had some griping about the Cooper Tunnel that required targets to be engaged from within; moving from a downrange starting position backward while engaging targets on Stage 5 (Tilley and K.C. smoked it) and being hancuffed and chained again on Stage 6. But all in all I think everyone was pleased with the variety of stages.

I want to thank the 210 shooters that made it to NE GA in spite of the 90 degree temps. I am forever indebted to the cast and crew that made this match possible. The RO's shot the 9 stages on Friday and then showed back up by 7 AM on Saturday to run nearly 150 shooters through their respective stages. Most didn't leave until after dark that night. I want to thank Bill and Cindy Noyes for their scoring expertise, Debi Davis for running registration, Chip at East Coast Screen Printing for the shirts and Manny Bragg for the plaques (we failed to order all the awards, our fault, but it will be made right very shortly.) Glock has always been an awesome partner as our match sponsor.

Thanks to my good friend Carlos Rubio for running this match. Quite frankly Carlos and I are feeling burned out and we procrastinated on some aspects this year. Hopefully not everyone could tell :D

On a final note just a quick story; Dave Sevigny, Limited Match Winner and GA State Champ (in addition to other titles), shot on Friday. He showed up on Saturday morning with his delightful wife Dana and immediately asked where they could be put to work, what stage could they help on. Shortly thereafter another Friday competitor and unscheduled RO by the name of Julie Goloski (newbie at S&W :) and GA State Singlestack Champ) arrived and wanted to know where she could work. As the match was drawing to a close in the early evening hours Dave wanted to know if it was alright if he treated the RO's to pizza while we waited for scores; Dana brought in about 20 stacked pies!!!! When all the plaques had been given out and everyone was headed home, Julie wanted to know what time she should meet us Sunday morning for final cleanup!!!!!

I recount this story only to let folks know that our game is great for a reason. From the top of the ranks to the bottom the people associated with USPSA/IPSC are one of a kind.

It is also a reminder that without participation from everyone, we all suffer.

Thanks!

From the sounds of it, Roger & Carlos put on another great match. Sorry I had to miss it this year, heck, their monthly matches rival some state matches, in numbers & stages.

Dave & Julie - Not only are they TOP NOTCH shooters, but TOP NOTCH people, way to go with the support. :D (even if Julie did leave us for them, them, Yankees!) Just kidding Julie, best of luck to you.

Waiting for next month's match. Hopefuly I can make it up there.

GlockSpeed31

I really enjoyed this match. This shoot is one not to miss.

Meeting Dave and Julie for the first time was a big highlight for me. You couldn't ask for any better people to represent the sport.