Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I get my money back on this?

ysrracer

• 3 months later...

I've loaded and shot brass that looks similar to that, not necessarily on purpose, but if I notice during my final check and it isn't too bad, they get fired.

Oops, necro and I added to the problem. My bad...

Edited by 4n2t0

When I was a kid you would right all the companies and say for example you bought a case of sodas and 1 was empty. They would usually send you a case for free. Try it maybe get a free case of ammo.

In the mean time gorilla tape

45 minutes ago, m700 said:

When I was a kid you would right all the companies and say for example you bought a case of sodas and 1 was empty. They would usually send you a case for free. Try it maybe get a free case of ammo.

In the mean time gorilla tape

I wonder if that would work on a new Corvette?

4 hours ago, ysrracer said:

I wonder if that would work on a new Corvette?

What the hell you thinkin? Can’t get car companies to fix things right even when it is their fault! 

Edited by Farmer

On 5/20/2023 at 7:57 AM, Sigarmsp226 said:

Brass will split over time based on how mush it is stressed.  It is not recommended that you try and braze this case for reuse.  

A tube of brazing rod is about $125. Assuming you have the torch already, you could probably repair a few thousand with that 1 tube. So it may not pay off for 1 of us to do it but if we all send our split cases to 1 guy the math is there for some savings.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PhotoRecon said:

20230618_093642.thumb.jpg.adb359742585888c6c506d02c5cfdce8.jpg

Range pickup of 100 LC22 OFB that didn't make it to the first reload. Somebody with a chamber measuring .392 instead of .376 at the base. Wow...maybe that Gorilla glue on TV?

Somebody chamber that with a hand crank bit brace?

Just out of curiosity I tried to size one of them that didn't rupture with Imperial sizing die wax. All it did was push up an ever bigger bulge. So I roll sized one first then it took the resize and passed the case gauge.

Obviously, once bulged that badly the case has been weakened beyond repair and not safe to reload.

Who ever it is they were at the range again and left more of these.