Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Ibijiheads still in business?

GringoBandito

Website seems current with updates for Jan 2023 but I also found this:

ANNOUNCEMENT

To our Valued Customers and Patrons in the Shooting Sports:

The existing pandemic and the unexpected spike in demand has brought about setbacks to our operation that resulted to delays in filling your orders as well as responding to your emails (currently our preferred form of communication). 

We appreciate your patience and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please know that we are doing everything we can to address the situation. We are happy to inform you that we have regrouped and reorganized our workforce and introduced changes to cope with these challenges.

We thank you for your understanding and your continued support. We hope to come out on top of these challenges to better serve your needs. 

Ibejiheads Management

My third order from ibejiheads is in there somewhere.  

In 2021 I got delivery in three weeks, in 2022 I got delivery in eight weeks.

I am now three weeks in, so I am not worried... yet.

ETA, I just found a shipping notice in e-mail, due Wednesday, probably arrive Thursday by usual performance.

Edited by Jim Watson
On the way!

• 1 year later...

I ordered and paid almost a month ago and still waiting and now nearly out of match ammo. No email response and this morning it looks like their website is down... Anyone order from them recently?

Update: Website seems to be working now but still curious about recent experience. This is my first time ordering from them. 

9 minutes ago, MJinPA said:

I ordered and paid almost a month ago and still waiting and now nearly out of match ammo. No email response and this morning it looks like their website is down... Anyone order from them recently?

I placed an order several months ago and it took months to complete, as it also included a special order. Sometime back in the Winter months, they had a flood in their warehouse due to burst pipes. It was weeks before the building inspectors allowed them back inside. By which at that time, they got way behind in their orders. Along with the overwhelming number of orders they receive daily.

It seems that any order you place now, will take weeks/months to complete. I've always contacted them through the phone number listed. It's a cell number, so you can leave a text message. I've always heard back, though it may take a few days. They say they receive hundreds of messages, so it takes time to go through them.

My advice is that if you need bullet heads right away, don't order from them. If able too, order well ahead of time, and expect delays. As for your order, you will get it, but it may take time.

They are actually a small work force, as opposed to a large company with many workers. And many of the workers work primary jobs elsewhere. They do need to add dedicated staff to their workforce. But they say they are also dealing with regulations from the State of NJ, which hampers their production.

Edited by Postal Bob

I'm going elsewhere from now on.

I like them and they are always cheaper than anyone plus they *used* to do custom colors.  My wife likes her pink bullets.

However they say you get what you pay for.  Covid and the inane insane NJ state rules that followed really put the boots to Ibej.  Several long time workers quit and for Alex the owner this isn't is main gig and his poor wife does her best. 

In my case I ship to a PO box and pick up when we come down for a match.  However the mail person didn't want to deliver the heavy boxes recently and sent a pickup notice to my PO box and luckily I arrived before the notice claimed they would -return to sender-.  So I have that to contend with for the remaining 5 boxes that will be sent whenever they get around to it.

It also doesn't help they don't send tracking #'s out anymore so I am at the mercy of the post office hoping they don't get lazy.  Though I doubt they would go to the trouble of returning the box(s) to Ibeji.

I am now using https://www.bearcreeksupplybullets.com/ 

They make a 170 (more like 172gr) .358 for revo shooting which is the heaviest I've seen for a 929.  It's quaint that you have to call to order though, very 1990.

I have probably gone through over 200k of ibeji bullets over the years.  The best was picking up 23 boxes to take home.  Thankfully I had a rental, it was over 1300lbs of lead.

Edited by MikeyScuba

9 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

I'm going elsewhere from now on.

Me as well. I used them for years, but will not do so going forward. 

I had an order from early December that was finally delivered in May (after many calls & e-mails). I also have an outstanding order from January and on a phone call in early May I was told it would be delivered by late May. It still hasn't arrived, and multiple e-mails & phone calls have gone unanswered. I used to gets replies, albeit delayed replies, but now it's silence. 

Wow! Wish I would have searched for reviews before ordering. I'm going to try calling again and will order elsewhere in the meantime. 

On 2/4/2023 at 9:33 AM, vegaspete61 said:

BBI delivers every order I place in less than a week.

Just as a PSA BBI no longer exists. 

6 hours ago, rooster mcbee said:

What happened to BBI?  Did I miss something?

Chandler put it out on FB. Sold everything and is moving on

I ordered 500 bullets from Ibijiheads in April.  I haven't gotten them yet.  They didn't hesitate to charge my card though.  I've asked about my order twice.  They responded with a copy of my order form, no other correspondence, both times.

25 minutes ago, rooster mcbee said:

I ordered 500 bullets from Ibijiheads in April.  I haven't gotten them yet.  They didn't hesitate to charge my card though.  I've asked about my order twice.  They responded with a copy of my order form, no other correspondence, both times.

call credit card,, report them for fraud.. I mean thats what it is.
Shouldnt run card until its ready to ship.