Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gauging interest in a Canik Forum

Does Brian Enos Forums need a Canik sub-forum?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Does the forum need a sub-forum for Canik?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2023 at 04:59 AM

23 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Played with one, wasnt my thing. But seems like it is for alot of folks, More so than Steyr...  I dont ever recall ever seeing one or really even hearing people talk about them.

Last Steyr post was 2yrs ago today.  3rd down is 3+yrs ago. Nuke it. 

Edited by echotango

2 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

70k members and you think that 27 in 15 hours is a mandate? 🤣

Not to be argumentative, but I don’t believe that the question is how many members are there vs how many members have voted in the survey. Rather I think the question is what is getting the most traffic. I would guess that of the active users, Canik topics are getting plenty of traffic (much more than Steyr as an example).

Edited by ngodwetrust21

1 hour ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

Not to be argumentative, but I don’t believe that the question is how many members are there vs how many members have voted in the survey. Rather I think the question is what is getting the most traffic. I would guess that of the active users, Canik topics are getting plenty of traffic (much more than Steyr as an example).

Yes 70k members but how many were in today? And if not for canik how many else are coming to the “other” pistol section? Not many posts get that kind of activity that quick. 

but yeah I feel it’s a no brainer to swap it with styer or just make a new one. Canik is not going away anytime soon, only getting stronger. 

A poll is NOT the way to find out, because people don't see or participate in polls.  The info is already there.  Just look at how many topics are Canik related and you have your answer.  Canik has pretty much taken over the "Other and Comparisons" category, making it hard to find anything "Other" than Canik.  Giving them their own section would just be good housekeeping.  

I'm against having a canik forum. I think we need to keep the riff Raff and poors that shoot canik off the website lol

Just joking, I don't even shoot a canik but I really don't understand why there's not already  a canik forum

1 hour ago, sfinney said:

Just curious how many members by raw count, or % of membership, actually asked for a Steyr forum in the day. ;) 

yeh why is it even a thing ?  I just looked at the wikipedia page. They never had anything suitable for USPSA or IPSC, and not really for IDPA till 1999. I remember all the triangle sight adds. But thats about it.

6 hours ago, Joe4d said:

yeh why is it even a thing ?  I just looked at the wikipedia page. They never had anything suitable for USPSA or IPSC, and not really for IDPA till 1999. I remember all the triangle sight adds. But thats about it.

Only $ 745.00  that's a deal and it even has a 4" barrel in case you want to use it in the Bianchi Cup... 

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 6.37.54 PM.png

15 hours ago, bigtimelarry said:

Only $ 745.00  that's a deal and it even has a 4" barrel in case you want to use it in the Bianchi Cup... 

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 6.37.54 PM.png

That mag looks like it ejects straight back into your balls. LOL $745 for that?! I think I rather go with something like, oh I dont know a CANIK!

I voted yes of course. That said, I don't get what the big deal is creating another sub forum. Taking a poll (and we all know about polls), asking for input, this is not like we are asking to pass an act of congress. Just create the sub forum and if for some reason Canik craps out (which I doubt will happen) delete the sub forum.  Seems so simple to me but maybe that's because I am a simpleton!

Just sayin'

On 11/19/2022 at 8:32 AM, pcar157 said:

I voted yes of course. That said, I don't get what the big deal is creating another sub forum. Taking a poll (and we all know about polls), asking for input, this is not like we are asking to pass an act of congress. Just create the sub forum and if for some reason Canik craps out (which I doubt will happen) delete the sub forum.  Seems so simple to me but maybe that's because I am a simpleton!

Just sayin'

Agreed. It's really not that serious. Lol

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2022 at 8:32 AM, pcar157 said:

Just sayin'

On 11/21/2022 at 6:41 AM, lroy said:

Agreed. It's really not that serious. Lol

Coming from the ones not having to pay for it or make the new forum...

Anyway, the poll is closed. We will make a decision in the next few days as to whether to make one or not. 

Thanks to all those that voted.