Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kynshot buffer comparison.

I was looking at 3 different kynshot buffers and I was trying to figure out the best way to test what is best for double tapping with a 10" barrel and 6" brake (100g & 115g) and a 5.5" barrel and brake (124g & 147). Sumply watching the dot bounce is difficult to judge.

1. 5015, Orange Spring, and buffer tube spacer.

2. 5020, Red Spring, buffer tube spacer, A5 tube.

3. 5006, JP Polished Carbine Spring, buffer tube A5 Tube.

15 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

And no spacer weight then?

No weight spacers with 5020ss or you will start jamming and slow2tapping. For 2 years of testing i've tried almost all combinations of 5020ss, stock, 5006, mbx, taccom magnetic delayed, new russian heavy 350 / 450 and more more other buffers with 7 different springs and spacers and sht with and without inner bolt weights +all PFs from 127 to 138..TLDR They all feel ok. Some better some way s#!tter(some even exploded my rifle lol). The best for me was 5020ss + A5 + Polished Carbine Spring + max spacers + 134PF with bcg weight or 130pf without it . Every humanbeing is a different walking machine so you should try it yourself. As for now i got a complitely different new pcc (V-AR) with all shenanigans i was needed inside (shortest reset possible with the lenght of an ammo cartridge/ delayed system/ tuned with par springs ideal weight buffer/ a shuttle level inside finishing and coating so i'm done with testing and shooting it as it came from a box as i am tired of testing.. Better investment is a 20-30kg weight loss. In video section i posted my last vid there i shoot with my 5020ss(red rifle) and a new one(black) i'm happy with both. the black shoot faster and flatter tho..Red is looking better :(

Edited by Ner
12 hours ago, Ner said:

No weight spacers with 5020ss or you will start jamming and slow2tapping. For 2 years of testing i've tried almost all combinations of 5020ss, stock, 5006, mbx, taccom magnetic delayed, new russian heavy 350 / 450 and more more other buffers with 7 different springs and spacers and sht with and without inner bolt weights +all PFs from 127 to 138..TLDR They all feel ok. Some better some way s#!tter(some even exploded my rifle lol). The best for me was 5020ss + A5 + Polished Carbine Spring + max spacers + 134PF with bcg weight or 130pf without it . Every humanbeing is a different walking machine so you should try it yourself. As for now i got a complitely different new pcc (V-AR) with all shenanigans i was needed inside (shortest reset possible with the lenght of an ammo cartridge/ delayed system/ tuned with par springs ideal weight buffer/ a shuttle level inside finishing and coating so i'm done with testing and shooting it as it came from a box as i am tired of testing.. Better investment is a 20-30kg weight loss. In video section i posted my last vid there i shoot with my 5020ss(red rifle) and a new one(black) i'm happy with both. the black shoot faster and flatter tho..Red is looking better :(

TNX

5006, A5 rifle tube, JP 308 rifle spring.  I have 3 of them and they rock!  No spacers in mine (Hiperfire ECL triggers) but everyone is different.  Runs all kinds of ammo.

Edited by WxGuy
  • 3 weeks later...

This is what I have been running 

On 9/13/2022 at 9:30 AM, mgkrs said:

The maxamundi recommended kit is:

Kynshot 5020ss Buffer
Smoke Components A5 Buffer Tube
SpringCo Orange Buffer Spring
.400″ Spacer for Short Stroke Tuning

https://brekkecustom.com/index.php/product/maxamundi-carbon-buffer-kit/

this is what I have been running without the BCG weight and with the JP .308/9mm spring instead. Super soft. 

On 9/13/2022 at 11:49 AM, BartCarter said:

With what ammo?  What changes would be needed with different ammo?

My load with that same setup without the BCG weight but with a JP 308/9mm spring is:

115gr plated

4.0gr Sport Pistol

1.120”

for approx 130pf at 1130fps~ in Utah at 4200 ft elevation 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 6:58 PM, mrvip27 said:

now how does taran's kit fit into this equation.

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/tti-grandmaster-pcc-buffer/

With all the kynshot buffers, what works best with the 10/10.5" length barrel and 6" comp. I want to change up from my taccom buffer in my ar-v.

The TTI buffer is essentially a 5020SS and I've had both TTI shooters AND Kynshot themselves tell me to just stick with the 5020SS rather than switching over because they're practically the same things. Especially if you're loading your own ammo.

I'm curious about how Sport Pistol feels up against Titegroup in the Maxamundi setup - I'm running a 10.5" version with all the same mentioned above (5020SS, sprinco orange - although I may have JP 308 carbine right now - A5 tube, etc). I've also fiddled with putting just the 5015HD back into my 10.5" Brekke with the same spring in the A5 tube WITHOUT the weight and I feel like the gun stays a but flatter and a dash softer but also cycles are bit slower.

I think the best way to figure out your ideal setup is maybe catch some slow-mo video of each buffer setup and record single shots and double taps while also seeing how your hits on target are. Of course this being a very controlled test could, you could have very different results running a stage but hopefully nothing too crazy.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lots of good ideas in this thread. I currently use the 5020/A5/Orange spring combo that seems quite popular, but I’m not quite getting the same results that others are.  I’m going to try messing with some other springs and see what happens

What's the purpose of the rear spacer at the bottom of the buffer tube? If the difference between an A5 and carbine tube is 0.75", what are you going for? 
I understand putting a spacer weight in front of the buffer to add weight to the system, just trying to learn the other side.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, XTCshooter said:

What's the purpose of the rear spacer at the bottom of the buffer tube? If the difference between an A5 and carbine tube is 0.75", what are you going for? 
I understand putting a spacer weight in front of the buffer to add weight to the system, just trying to learn the other side.

Thanks!

If you’re running a 5020SS or the TTI 5023 in an A5 tube you can add a spacer to shortstroke the gun more but too much will cause trigger reset or even cycling issues.

If you’re running a 5015 or 5007 with the spacer weight in an A5 tube you can drop a fat spacer (like the JP A5 one) to essentially get the same preload as a carbine tube.

Extra spacers behind the spring at the end of the buffer tube really just affect spring preload and the length of stroke for cycling. 

Ah OK, so using the A5 tube length allows you to use rear spacers to fine tune how much short stroke you want with more room than the carbine tube.

It is my understanding, generally speaking more weight in buffer is a "softer" shooting gun, but a short stroke is faster and less dot movement for faster double taps. So the latter tends to take the LRBHO out of the equation unless you get a JP ss bolt, etc.

I'm in the middle of a PCC build and trying to decide which route to go.

Thanks!