Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 USPSA Limited Gun Recommendations

Jjju187

Hi,

I am in the market for a 2011 limited pistol in 40. Currently researching different companies and was hoping some people here have first hand experience and can give some suggestions. Currently leaning towards the Atlas Titan, but the staccato xl is also high on the list as my Staccato C2 was fantastic. Please leave your suggestions.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having shot three seasons of limited one year with a steel grip STI edge and the last two with an ATLAS nemesis. I can say without reservation that the Atlas will be a better gun in finish, trigger and balance. Is the atlas $1000 better? I still say yes.

2 hours ago, Jjju187 said:

Hi,

I am in the market for a 2011 limited pistol in 40. Currently researching different companies and was hoping some people here have first hand experience and can give some suggestions. Currently leaning towards the Atlas Titan, but the staccato xl is also high on the list as my Staccato C2 was fantastic. Please leave your suggestions.

If you're already looking at the Atlas, take a look at the Artemis.  I should be getting mine next week........

2 hours ago, Jjju187 said:

Hi,

Does Stacucoo make an XL in .40? 

If not, I'd highly recommend not buying one for Limited. 

Get a Honcho. They are FANTASTIC in Limited configuration, and you can shoot other divisions down the road if you feel the urge. 

That will definitely be something I look into down the road. Just been struggling the last 3 years to find something that fits me well and is reliable enough to put in the trigger time to get to a competitive level for major matches. Already bent the mag catch bar on my P320 limited setup and had to send it in for replacement after 2 matches.

Edited by Jjju187

52 minutes ago, Jjju187 said:

Those Honchos look pretty awesome. Interesting no responses on the Titan yet, seems like the sightblock models must be a pretty big upgrade.

I'm sure the Titan is a fine pistol, but it's nothing new.  The sight block idea, although not really new either, it a great design in my opinion.  The Nemesis, might even be better depending on the sport you want to shoot.  I'm into IDPA these days with some USPSA sprinkled in.  

Help an old-timer out here . . . . can someone explain what a "sight block" is?  I find "Titan Imperium Sight Block" on the internet, but can't fid an explanation of exactly what it is.

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, 45 Raven said:

Help an old-timer out here . . . . can someone explain what a "sight block" is?  I find "Titan Imperium Sight Block" on the internet, but can't fid an explanation of exactly what it is.

Thanks!

its a half gimmick half science way to attach the front sight to the barrel instead of the slide. claimed benefits are to reduce the slide weight and not have the front sight move back and forth. infinity and others have used a somewhat similar “island barrel” concept.

Edited by motosapiens

The sight block is attached to the barrel and so it doesn’t reciprocate like the slide.

so it stays stable and in place 

it reduces slide weight. So you can spring differently. It adds weight to the muzzle end so it helps reduce muzzle rise 

MasterPiece Arms has their DS40 offering.  The website shows it coming with an aluminum grip but will ship with a steel one. Their steel grip design is something they have been working on for a while now. I just got mine in with the aggressive texturing. 

E912E348-F1DD-4D87-811D-26D3C0E128C4.jpeg

1 hour ago, donnyglock said:

95C66B1D-DB8F-4BC1-81D3-FF1CE5A39CCD.thumb.jpeg.ad76cb19cee31903f62e4c987bf5e8ec.jpeg

This thing rustles my Jimmies pretty hard 

curious what this goes for. I may have a reward moment later this year and I really dig this

Edited by Nathanb

Thanks for all the replies. Definitely some good looking guns. Are you able to run standard length .40 in these guys or do they all require the longer rounds? 

34 minutes ago, T_T said:

Another vote for the Masterpiece Arms DS40. Now being built by Grand Master, David Lyell. $3K with a no BS lifetime warranty. Ships with MBX mags. I could go on, but I'm headed out the door to shoot mine.

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ds40-tt-comp-pistol/643024185_IMG_7882copy2.thumb.jpg.30cb1a5792820bddcd1bf102a630d602.jpg

Did it come with the steel grip?  

5 hours ago, donnyglock said:

I build them for customers regularly but not a big fan of the way they shoot. I personally prefer the island barrel feel to the sightblock. 

Could you expand on your comment? I am interested in a new Limited gun trying to decide between island and sight block. Any thoughts on barrel length for either? Thinking about a 6 inch barrel.

Thanks.