Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA women with yoga pants

-JCN-

Asking for my wife who is going to start competing and doesn’t want to wear “tactical” or androgynous stuff. 

For those who compete in yoga type pants, are there belt loops? Do they forgo the inner belt and just stick the outer to the yoga pants?

Can anyone help?

https://vakandiapparel.com/

My Dallas buddies that use them say that they are great but are thick. Good for durability and squats but can be hot in the summer months. Another option is to sew on fabric belt loops to a pair of Lululemon's. IG link below for the pants in action.

https://www.instagram.com/thyngoshooting/?hl=en

Edited by CClassForLife

There is a rule that allows you to forgo using a belt loop.

5.2.3 “the belt or the inner belt or both must be EITHER SECURELY FIXED AT THE WASTE or secured with a minimum of three belt loops”

Also see 5.2.3.1 

so any Yoga pants you want to wear are fine as long as you can wear your belt tight enough it doesn’t move.

9 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

511 also have belt loops, might be tough to find though

https://www.amazon.com/5-11-Womens-Raven-Range-Bottom/dp/B01GZSX5UM

My granddaughter uses these in the cooler months. They are great. We bought several pairs  a few years ago, but 5.11 seems to have discontinued them. Can still find them in small sizes if you do a Google search. Can't find any other brands with belt loops. She prefers having belt loops.

gerritm

1 hour ago, dansedgli said:

Perhaps they don't dress for you? 

This.  :)

(Personally I'm tired of fat old guys wearing tight performance shirts.  Can't they cover up more?  Oh wait, I need to lose some weight....dang it.)

12 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

This.  :)

(Personally I'm tired of fat old guys wearing tight performance shirts.  Can't they cover up more?  Oh wait, I need to lose some weight....dang it.)

This hits really close to home! 🤪

A quick google search pulls up multiple leggings with belt loops.  Frankly I've seen more women shooters with some variant of leggings  then anything else. 

3 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Personally, I'm sick of the yoga pants and tank tops on women shooters.  

say what? 

Are your matches inundated with yoga pant wearing female shooters?

We should be so lucky to get more female shooters into the game.

17 minutes ago, EEH said:

inundated—- don’t even know what this word is, means ?

overwhelm (someone) with things or people to be dealt with.

"we've been inundated with complaints from listeners"

Edited by Sinister4

Personally with all the matches around here we shoot there is very little yoga pants & tank tops. would be a pleasant surprise, but usually the first hot piece of brass down the top cures that.

Only time I ever see that is on FB when TTI posts the videos. I think that is a requirement to shoot there for the ladies.

gerritm

54 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

The gym is the place for yoga pants and tank tops, not the range.  Sorry boys.  

The issue being hourglass shape for women. Men might not understand, especially those with beer guts that prevent the belt from moving upward. 

But in working with my wife and seeing how nothing keeps the belt from riding up and how a true waist (think belly button level) belt loop puts the gun uncomfortably high, there’s a reason why a yoga pant like thing with belt loops might be preferable. 

No on the tank top for safety reasons, but pants and USPSA belts are an issue. 

The ideal would be a form fitting pant with belt loops as low as a man would have.