Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My state is about to sign a 10 round magazine law

NorthwestGuy

Stock up on them now! I'm betting you are talking about WA so the effective date is 01July so you must take possession of those magazines before then. If your pistol is finished after that date, they can't legally send those mags to you. I would contact them and ask if you can buy the mags separately now, send the mags now, and then send the pistol later for the transfer. Good luck

6 hours ago, gng4life said:

Stock up on them now! I'm betting you are talking about WA so the effective date is 01July so you must take possession of those magazines before then. If your pistol is finished after that date, they can't legally send those mags to you. I would contact them and ask if you can buy the mags separately now, send the mags now, and then send the pistol later for the transfer. Good luck

Check to see what the law actually is.

In Maryland, we can own high/standard capacity mags. We just can't have them delivered to you in state. We can drive across the state line, buy, and bring them back with no problem. We are also allowed to buy magazine parts, tubes, springs, followers, etc and have them delivered in state. We just can't have a fully assembled magazine shipped to us. 

btw, it took 4/5 people at the md state police office to explain the actual law as not a single person knew off the top of their head. 

also most 10rd mags can easily be alerted to allow for full capacity. YouTube is your friend. 

lol

Edited by notanoperator9

I shoot The Bul SAS II UR F and I recommend you order the MBX 170mm and 2 of the 155mm for Bul.  Order them now as you will eventually want them anyway.  The Bul proprietary mags aren't the best.

My new Bullesteros SS should also be arriving in the next week.  Great guns. Have fun.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

I will contact Bul and see what they do in restricted mag capacity states to be able to deliver pistols.

Also, I will purchase 155mm and 170mm mags from MBX.

Are these the correct part numbers for stainless, gold base competition (no locking on last round) mags?

SKUBUL1559CGD

SKUBUL1709CGD

OP, sorry about the bs gun control they are imposing on you.  will possession be outright banned, will 11+ rounders be grandfathered, and/or will you be able to buy 11+ rounders out of state and bring back in state?

Senate Bill 5078 prohibits the sale, attempted sale and distribution of high-capacity magazines. It does not prohibit the possession of high-capacity magazines.

I believe that you can buy 11+ rounders out of state, if they will sell them to you without local state driver's license. The issue is that you are in violation if you bring them into the state.

10 minutes ago, NorthwestGuy said:

Senate Bill 5078 prohibits the sale, attempted sale and distribution of high-capacity magazines. It does not prohibit the possession of high-capacity magazines.

I believe that you can buy 11+ rounders out of state, if they will sell them to you without local state driver's license. The issue is that you are in violation if you bring them into the state.

Reviewing the passed amendment and clarification you would not be able to bring in any high cap mag back into the state that you didn’t posses prior.

27 minutes ago, NorthwestGuy said:

Hopefully I will get my open pistol before that effective date

If you are waiting on a pistol that is being built and the mags are part of the sale, I would contact them and indicate you would be willing to pay shipping to have them shipped before the pistol is finished.  

Ordered 170mm MBX mags to get grandfathered in before the law takes effect. My seller will plug the 155mm to deliver a pistol with mags, if they can't deliver before the law takes effect.

3 hours ago, LordManHammer said:

Those be the ones...

Thank you! Ordered. In stock.

Just now, NorthwestGuy said:

Ordered 170mm MBX mags to get grandfathered in before the law takes effect. My seller will plug the 155mm to deliver a pistol with mags, if they can't deliver before the law takes effect.

Thank you! Ordered. In stock.

Thanks LordManHammer for the knowledge.

I use the MBX Cali 10 rounders, my wife has the SPS pinned with a plate.  A lot of open guys up here have a pop riveted plate that gets removed once in MI.  We are much closer to NY so nothing changes but not seeing being able to cross the border anytime soon anyway so it’s a non issue 

1 hour ago, MikeyScuba said:

I use the MBX Cali 10 rounders, my wife has the SPS pinned with a plate.  A lot of open guys up here have a pop riveted plate that gets removed once in MI.  We are much closer to NY so nothing changes but not seeing being able to cross the border anytime soon anyway so it’s a non issue 

If I get delivery past the cut-off date, I am hoping the "plug" in the mags will be a rivet!

2 hours ago, SnipTheDog said:

This didn't pass in the time allotted, correct?

What do you mean? The bill passed and is on the way to the Gov. for signature into law. The effective date is not decided yet. The Gov. can make it effective at any date he chooses. The standard date would be Jul 2022.

The CA bill limiting to 10rds is being challenged at the Supreme Court: https://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docket/docketfiles/html/public\21-1194.html

8 hours ago, NorthwestGuy said:

What do you mean? The bill passed and is on the way to the Gov. for signature into law. The effective date is not decided yet. The Gov. can make it effective at any date he chooses. The standard date would be Jul 2022.

So this bill was passed by the WA senate at 11pm on the last day possible.  So they did sneak it in if what I'm reading is correct.

4 hours ago, SnipTheDog said:

The CA bill limiting to 10rds is being challenged at the Supreme Court: https://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docket/docketfiles/html/public\21-1194.html

So this bill was passed by the WA senate at 11pm on the last day possible.  So they did sneak it in if what I'm reading is correct.

Black cat, white cat, as long as it catches mice. Either way, WA will join the nine other states that ban 10+ mags.

All in an effort to curb crime from a group the doesn't commit the crimes.