Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We are now taking pre-orders for RevUp Action(TM) hammers

Toolguy

3 hours ago, Toolguy said:

I think most people are understandably skeptical. This is something different that no one has ever figured out since the beginning of revolvers. The last major improvement was in 1909, which is what most of the major brands are based on, except for a few esoteric ones like Rhino, Korth, and Manhurin. The colt Python action is what they changed FROM in 1909, in terms of how the hammer and trigger interact. It might be hard to imagine that someone could come up with another improvement after all that time, with so many people working on it over all those years. I think most people are waiting for someone else to verify because very few have gotten to personally try this out so far.

We are planning to ship N frame hammers during the month of March, and K+L hammers during April. We are in the middle of making the N hammers now. No one can predict the future, and we have had a lot of setbacks, but doing our best to forge ahead.

I’m not skeptical of the advancement itself, and just looking at the pictures of the hammer you can see the changes that it would take to actually make a change. I know you have been working on this for a very long time and making sure you had yourself covered before going public with it, which means you believe you have something here. Not many people are willing to patent an idea unless they think it’s a serious game changer. I’m skeptical of how many spoof products there are out now, and how people believe they work. The gun scene is just as bad as the car scene with bad info and magic tricks. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it works on a 617. It still starts out as heavy as normal, but gets much lighter by the end of the trigger pull. You can see how that works on the middle video of the website. The normal trigger pull is the top video.

Yes, we are taking orders for K,L,& N. When the N ones are done, there will be a few more than we currently have orders for. I didn't make a long run of N because I need to get on the K&L ones. After the K&L run, I will go back to making N again, maybe a longer run next time. 

We did that. Pretty much got ignored. A lot of the S&W forum people don't want anything on their gun that's not from the "Mother Ship". A few people said it was too ugly to put on a S&W. 

Yes. I wrote a story today about my practice session with my 617 and received 5 likes so far and one comment about not being impressed with the modifications.  

Pistol Forum.com really likes my post and I get a lot of comments back.

3 hours ago, AzShooter said:

Something that might help get more customers, I haven't seen a write-up in the Smith & Wesson Forum.  I'm sure that would gain some interest.

Those guys only want to buy guns so they can look at them; they don't shoot, and certainly not in {gasp} double action.

Hi David - I think you will be pleasantly surprised with how this hammer works. It's a completely different approach from a mechanical aspect, not just another "me too" product. Having a good reset is high on the list of priorities, both in how easily the rebound slide comes forward (lighter rebound spring) and how early in the return cycle it resets (fewer short strokes). Among other things, the linkage from mainspring to hammer puts less downward pressure on the rebound slide, allowing for a snappy return with lower weight rebound springs.

• 2 weeks later...

The original S&W mainspring works the best. You can get the max performance out of it if you bend it backwards a little with a large radius curve in the middle. You want  it to just touch the frame at the top when you install it. What this does is give you the tallest height possible when it's tensioned. I use a blade screwdriver to lever it over to hook on the hammer stirrup.

We have 30 N hammers machined and heat treated. They need to get laser engraved and we are waiting on DA sears and springs in order to complete them. I'm doing everything possible in-house, but some things have to be ordered or otherwise outsourced.  Everyone is having a fun time sourcing parts right now. We will ship kits as soon as we have everything to put in them. They will be shipped in the order they were ordered.

We currently have orders for 40 hammers. Those 40 people have made it possible for us to actually do this project. We had to do some shuffling and scrambling on this end, too, but the pre orders put us over the top to get off the ground. Thanks to all for your support and patience. I hope soon, you will all feel it was worth the wait.

Edited by Toolguy

I wanted to share the e-mail update we just sent out to our newsletter subscribers.

314db4b6-379b-c06f-b441-1b9212e7c9a9.png
Pre-orders are still open!

We have some news. We have unfortunately run into a snag on some off-the-shelf components due to supply chain issues. We are diligently working on this problem and hope to have it resolved in the near future. We can't promise how long it will take, but we will keep you updated. Once this problem is resolved, we will begin shipping N-frame hammers.

We are also working on finalizing K- and L-frame hammers, so we hope those will follow shortly after the N-frame kits start to ship.

There are still 60 pre-orders left open. Once these have all been claimed, prices will be going up, so please pass the word so that your friends can get in on the current pricing.

If you have already pre-ordered, please accept our sincere thanks! We know you've been waiting anxiously for your kits, and we're excited that we will soon be able to fulfill your orders.