We are now taking pre-orders for RevUp Action(TM) hammers

Toolguy

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It makes the trigger pull get lighter as you pull it. You can see this on the website videos. I invented and built a special trigger pull gage to show what is happening with different setups. There are 3 videos, about 15 seconds each.

In the first video, the average factory trigger pull starts at around 12 lb. and goes down to around 9lb. right before the hammer falls. There is a lot of pressure on the trigger that is suddenly released, somewhat similar to a staple gun.

By changing to this hammer, 2nd video, still with a 12 lb. starting point and factory main and rebound springs, the trigger pull goes from 12 lb. down to 4 lb. before the hammer falls. The final pull weight is in the single action range, giving you more control over where the shot goes. Obviously, this can be dialed up or down to work with any primers you have or can get.

The last video is with the hammer kit installed and set up for Federal primers. It starts at 7 lb. and goes down to around 2.5 lb. before the hammer falls. Settings on an individual gun will vary slightly up or down for a given brand of primer.

The trigger pull is smooth and linear and easily controlled.

Edited by Toolguy

The same manner of trigger pull gauge has been on my projects list for a while, except computerized, like this: https://ultimatereloader.com/2018/06/08/triggerscan-ts-11-trigger-profiling-tool-overview-and-pistol-trigger-scans/

I have some salvage parts from a 3D printer to start with (stepper motors and controllers, screen and controller), and figure I can wire a load cell up to some open pin elsewhere.

Right now, we are hoping to have them around the first of next year. That depends on getting funding and supply lines filling our orders of metal for the hammers and other parts for the kits. We don't anticipate any problems there, but no one can predict the future, especially in these times. We will get them done as fast as humanly possible. We are hoping God will help expedite things a little bit, too.

I felt compelled to make a donation if that helps, lol.

I've been tracking these for so long that I'll be happy whenever they make it to market. Obviously sooner would better, but I'm just happy there are companies that are continuing to innovate for revolvers.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:56 PM, matteekay said:

I felt compelled to make a donation if that helps, lol.

I've been tracking these for so long that I'll be happy whenever they make it to market. Obviously sooner would better, but I'm just happy there are companies that are continuing to innovate for revolvers.

Matt, we really appreciate it! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Toolguy said:

Four so far. The order numbers on the website don't show the actual number of orders. They were accumulated from website testing during the website build.

So, basically, the order number you will see if/when you make an order will not reflect how many actual orders we have received. Order numbers started from a pre-set order number, that I didn't choose, kind of like when you get the first book of checks for a new checking account. I suppose I could have reset it to zero before enabling ordering, but I didn't think about it, and now it's too late to do anything about it.

I did add a thermometer showing the number of hammers ordered, though. Hopefully, that will give people some feedback about how far we are from the goal.

As Warren mentioned in another comment somewhere, this is the first time we're doing this, so there are bound to be bugs and small issues, but we really appreciate any feedback we get!

23 hours ago, Toolguy said:

Four so far. The order numbers on the website don't show the actual number of orders. They were accumulated from website testing during the website build.

Warren:

OK -- thanks!

GG66

• 2 weeks later...