We are now taking pre-orders for RevUp Action(TM) hammers

Toolguy

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had the unique privilege of handling and FIRING the inventor's revolvers with these hammers installed.  Unbelievable!  I have a Smith & Wesson 625 that I had Ron Power do a complete Grand Master job on quite a few years ago, and thought that was the smoothest, lightest action I'd ever shot (I shot Bowling Pin matches for over a decade, and shoot USPSA steel plate competition now).  Yet, the revolvers I got to shoot that had the Revup Action hammer kit installed took the action to another level entirely.  The trigger pull starts out about normal, then quickly begins reducing the trigger pull, down to around 2.4 pounds.  That is about what I get out of my 625 Grandmaster, IN SINGLE ACTION.  The Revup Action Hammer is DOUBLE ACTION!  I've got to be getting one or two of these for myself. I have a 929 (9mm) S&W that I have had an action job on, as well as a 617-10 shot .22LR that I regularly compete with, and I'm just going nuts wanting to take both of these to the next level.

Thanks for the (unsolicited) first-hand report, RevKab! A lot of people seem to be waiting instead of pre-ordering.

I hope that your first-hand report will help us get more pre-orders. Right now, we're sitting at 13 hammers pre-ordered, which is a far reach from 150. We need all the help we can get spreading the word.

• 1 month later...

These are DAO because there is no hammer spur or single action notch. By the time you get near the end of the trigger pull, you are at single action weight anyway. The trigger pull is very smooth and easy to control, going slow or fast. If this project takes off, we anticipate making hammers with single action on them. I have made prototypes of that, and they work fine, but we can't do everything at once. Also, for guns that have the storage lock, this hammer makes it impossible for the gun to lock up while you're shooting, because there is nowhere for the lock to engage. For those who want a trigger lock there are other options available, that have been around for many years.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys- For some reason we have been locked out of the Enos forum for a couple of weeks. I was only able to get back on by following this email link. We have started manufacturing. There are only a few ready to go, but more will be coming soon. I couldn't round up the cash to have a large run made, so I'm making them myself in order to move things forward. I'm hoping everyone who has pre ordered will have theirs by March. There is much work yet to do. We are sending a kit to The Revolver Guy to do an impartial review, which will probably come out in late Feb., so keep an eye out for that.

46 minutes ago, Toolguy said:

Hi guys- For some reason we have been locked out of the Enos forum for a couple of weeks. I was only able to get back on by following this email link. We have started manufacturing. There are only a few ready to go, but more will be coming soon. I couldn't round up the cash to have a large run made, so I'm making them myself in order to move things forward. I'm hoping everyone who has pre ordered will have theirs by March. There is much work yet to do. We are sending a kit to The Revolver Guy to do an impartial review, which will probably come out in late Feb., so keep an eye out for that.

Forum was down for part of that time

9 hours ago, matteekay said:

I don't think the RevUp will be compatible.

The Bren Ten was a handgun made here in California that had  fulfillment issues. It was a great idea, but the first guns shipped without a magazine.

They could never secure the funding they needed to get production up to speed.

38 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

The Bren Ten was a handgun made here in California that had  fulfillment issues. It was a great idea, but the first guns shipped without a magazine.

They could never secure the funding they needed to get production up to speed.

Oh, I got the reference – I'm actually running a "Miami Vice"-themed IDPA match next month. I just thought making a joke out of it was better than addressing the implication of the product being vaporware when it was A. only announced three months ago and B. very explicitly disclaimered as needing a minimum order quantity before production would start.

Personally, I'm just glad there are still people willing to take on making competition revolver parts when the market is so small and (quite literally) dying. 

On 2/9/2022 at 10:49 AM, Toolguy said:

Looking forward to the review and maybe seeing how it works firsthand in the future.

SJC

Can't wait to get mine and show it off to the local revolver guys.  We are all using Apex kits now. Randy has been real good to me over the years. I was the first shooter in Arizona to get the Apex kit for my gun many years ago while at the IRC. I have the first of their Mass Drive Hammers in my 617 and this new hammer will replace it.  If all goes well I'll be running my 617 instead of my Black Mamba for Steel Challenge matches. 

Glad to see you have come out with a new design.  I was running a 4.5 pound trigger in my 929 with great luck.  I had to sell it and the new owner couldn't run it with less than 6.5 pounds to get reliable trigger return.  He's the first guy I'm going to let try my new Rev kit and hopefully he will order one and get more orders for you.

Thanks Steve. Randy is really a good guy. I hope he won't be mad if you change over. I don't want to step on any toes. I think you'll like the new hammer kit, though. This design puts less downward force on the rebound slide, so you can use a lighter rebound spring and still get a snappy trigger return. I recommend only using S&W factory mainsprings. There are a couple of simple tweaks I have figured out to enhance the performance a little more, as well. I will probably show those on a website blog. The website is a work in progress.

I have to finish up a bunch of N frame ones before I start a K frame run. I'm hoping to have all current orders filled by the end of March, but hopefully sooner. Once both sizes are up and running, I should be able to fill orders faster.

Edited by Toolguy

3 hours ago, Toolguy said:

Thanks Steve. Randy is really a good guy. I hope he won't be mad if you change over. I don't want to step on any toes. I think you'll like the new hammer kit, though. This design puts less downward force on the rebound slide, so you can use a lighter rebound spring and still get a snappy trigger return. I recommend only using S&W factory mainsprings. There are a couple of simple tweaks I have figured out to enhance the performance a little more, as well. I will probably show those on a website blog. The website is a work in progress.

Cool, I was going to ask if there were plans for a "how to" on installing and setting up this kit. 

...Rhino hammers next? 😛 

The basic install is very straightforward. You just trade out the hammer and firing pin, tighten the strain screw to get zero misfires, and find which rebound spring you like.

As for Rhino hammers, I would need to find someone with an extra gun they could part with for a couple of years (for R&D of course, wink, wink).

Edited by Toolguy