Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All ear pro is junk -- Anyone try Mepablu?

SJBriggs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get OTTOs you may want to check these out. I prefer them to the ones That came with my OTTOs.  

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Comply+Professional+Noise+Isolating+Earphone+Tips+for+NuForce%2C+ISOtunes+PRO%2C+Q-Jays%2C+Etymotic+Research%2C+Westone%2C+Shure+%26+More+P-Series+Memory+Foam+Replacement+Earbud+Tips+(Medium%2C+3-&crid=IE3HO5R1HN34&sprefix=comply+professional+noise+isolating+earphone+tips+for+nuforce%2C+isotunes+pro%2C+q-jays%2C+etymotic+research%2C+westone%2C+shure+%26+more+p-series+memory+foam+replacement+earbud+tips+medium%2C+3-%2Caps%2C94&ref=nb_sb_noss

Also, keep chemicals off the rubber control buttons. Sunscreen, wet wipes, and/or bug spray could possibly damage the rubber.  I disintegrated the rubber buttons my first set because I was cleaning them with Wet Wipes.  OTTO warranties them even though they didn’t have to. 

Edited by Boomstick303

On 10/28/2021 at 6:57 PM, SJBriggs said:

As someone indicated above, wearing inner ears is pretty uncomfortable when it's in all day, five or six days a week.

That's true. For the five hours it takes to shoot a local the foam plugs work fine, but if I haven't been to the range in a while I notice my ears getting sore at the end of the match. If I've worn them recently they don't become irritating.

I've also done some really long distance (intercontinental) motorcycling for which I wore custom molded inserts. Those are comfortable for 12+ hours a day, for multiple days, but its also clear they're not quite as effective as the simple foam plugs. Though they're still better by themselves than most muffs are by themselves.

41 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

If you get OTTOs you may want to check these out. I prefer them to the ones That came with my OTTOs.  

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Comply+Professional+Noise+Isolating+Earphone+Tips+for+NuForce%2C+ISOtunes+PRO%2C+Q-Jays%2C+Etymotic+Research%2C+Westone%2C+Shure+%26+More+P-Series+Memory+Foam+Replacement+Earbud+Tips+(Medium%2C+3-&crid=IE3HO5R1HN34&sprefix=comply+professional+noise+isolating+earphone+tips+for+nuforce%2C+isotunes+pro%2C+q-jays%2C+etymotic+research%2C+westone%2C+shure+%26+more+p-series+memory+foam+replacement+earbud+tips+medium%2C+3-%2Caps%2C94&ref=nb_sb_noss

Also, keep chemicals off the rubber control buttons. Sunscreen, wet wipes, and/or bug spray could possibly damage the rubber.  I disintegrated the rubber buttons my first set because I was cleaning them with Wet Wipes.  OTTO warranties them even though they didn’t have to. 

Hey brother, thanks for the tips, but when I click on that link it's for a set of outer ear muffs, inner foam inserts, and a "bad dragon dildo for women"! I bought all three...

They make 3 sizes of the Comply P-series tips, so I'd start with a set of medium (red) and see how they work, unless you know you have large or small ear canals.

One way I check they are in right is tap the button to high-amplification mode.  If there is squeal from feedback, the seal isn't good.

On 10/28/2021 at 7:57 PM, SJBriggs said:

As someone indicated above, wearing inner ears is pretty uncomfortable when it's in all day, five or six days a week

With the OTTOs and the Comply P-Series foams I have worn them three straight days for 10-12 hours a day and they do not hurt my ears, irritate them.  In fact I forget they are there at all. I am usually in the car driving home before I remember to take them out. Hope they work the same for you. 

They smoke any over the ear hesring proection i have I have tried in regards to comfort. 

Edited by Boomstick303

1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

With the OTTOs and the Comply P-Series foams I have worn them three straight days for 10-12 hours a day and they do not hurt my ears, irritate them.  In fact I forget they are there at all. I am usually in the car driving home before I remember to take them out. Hope they work the same for you. 

They smoke any over the ear hesring proection i have I have tried in regards to comfort. 

I ordered the Range SA - the over ear protection, however, everyone has a lot of good things to say about the micros so I may give those a shot also.

Waiting for your review. I have a few of the electronic brands mentioned, and they are all adequate outside, but now we go indoors for the winter and they are all inadequate for that. I think I’ll end up with a Combo of some sort, but not sure which. 

5 hours ago, Cuz said:

Waiting for your review. I have a few of the electronic brands mentioned, and they are all adequate outside, but now we go indoors for the winter and they are all inadequate for that. I think I’ll end up with a Combo of some sort, but not sure which. 

My Peltor Pro’s are adequate for shooting Open even indoors. 

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I always double up indoors and never use active hearing protection. 

Active hearing protection is most beneficial when running shooters. Easy to hear squibs thus giving faster STOP commands.

4 hours ago, Sarge said:

Active hearing protection is most beneficial when running shooters. Easy to hear squibs thus giving faster STOP commands

I get that, but fortunately I never run shooters as an RO indoors. Not much of a fan of shooting indoors at all. Mostly do it to test, chrono etc..  After participating in a couple of indoor matches I would rather Dry Fire at home than attend indoor matches. 

16 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I get that, but fortunately I never run shooters as an RO indoors. Not much of a fan of shooting indoors at all. Mostly do it to test, chrono etc..  After participating in a couple of indoor matches I would rather Dry Fire at home than attend indoor matches. 

That's where I'm at.  

I use Electronic Shooters Protection Stealth Digital in ear hearing protection. I have been using the same set of ESP Stealth ears for several years now with great success both outdoors and indoors. Before that I used custom molded ear plugs with passive filters and they also worked great. The only thing that sucks with the passive filter plugs is their handling of wind noise, which is really crappy. BUT, the passive filter plugs can usually be purchased for $100 - $150 where as the ESP Stealth Digital ears cost thousands of dollars.

If you want ultimate hearing protection that also allows you to hear conversations, then you could use passive filter molded plugs with electronic muffs over top of that. This would produce the highest level DB of hearing protection. But it would also be HOT and sweaty, not to mention potential of pain as the muffs can mash your ears/head. If you are on the range all day in hot weather conditions this double coverage solution may not be viable.

On 10/30/2021 at 12:57 PM, shred said:

They make 3 sizes of the Comply P-series tips, so I'd start with a set of medium (red) and see how they work, unless you know you have large or small ear canals.

One way I check they are in right is tap the button to high-amplification mode.  If there is squeal from feedback, the seal isn't good.

Comply tips work incredibly well for the walker silencer 2.0 as well, much better than the original tips.

3 hours ago, vluc said:

Comply tips work incredibly well for the walker silencer 2.0 as well, much better than the original tips.

They do, but I could never get over the wind Noise with the Walker 2.0,  The ear bud sits so far out of the ear the units pick every bit of wind noise.  5 mph of wind was very annoying.  At least that was my experience.  

Edited by Boomstick303

3 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

By themselves? No, they absolutely are not. 

They make make an Open gun subjectively comfortable for you, but they are not adequately protecting your hearing. 

I guess that’s fine. Other setups have left my ears ringing even outside. Even plugs+muffs. Not so with these.

9 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

They do, but I could never get over the wind Noise with the Walker 2.0,  The ear bud sits so far out of the ear the units pick every bit of wind noise.  5 mph of wind was very annoying.  At least that was my experience.  

For me it becomes white noise and I don't process it anymore.  YMMV

22 hours ago, vluc said:

I bought a set of those.  The mounting hole in the Comply tips is round but the stud on the Silencer 2's is almost rectangular and they are a bear to install.

They did feel good and work but I had a secondary problem. they barley fit the charging box.

Went back to the OEM ones.

I contacted Comply regarding the Silencer 3.0  and their response was that they do not make them for that model.

Edited by RePete