Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Racheting Gun Belt

Ontarget

1 hour ago, BoyGlock said:

How do you wear a belt thru belt loops w/ mag pouches and holster on it?

Old rule and current IDPA.  You take everything off the belt as stated. As you put it on going through the belt loops . You put your mag holders, holster,etc on it.

The two part competition belt . The inner bet satisfies the going through the loop part. Outer belt holds all your crap . Two part belts are not allowed in IDPA.

6 minutes ago, BoyGlock said:

I dont know what is Standard belt.

The one that holds your pants up.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back to check what the rules state. It is legal to use a single outer belt thru the belt loops. I would have to put my mag pouches and holster on as I put on the belt. It might be easier to use an outer ratchet belt with an inner belt. I think one person wrote about "bunching" of the inner belt as you tighten the ratchet which seemed a good reason to try using one belt.

Edited by Ontarget

So you use a ratchet buckle on a standard ordinary leather or whatever-not-a-comp belt? We are not talking exclusively idpa right? I still cant wrap my head around this or maybe Im so ignorant with my gear?

9 hours ago, AHI said:

Old rule and current IDPA.  You take everything off the belt as stated. As you put it on going through the belt loops . You put your mag holders, holster,etc on it.

The two part competition belt . The inner bet satisfies the going through the loop part. Outer belt holds all your crap . Two part belts are not allowed in IDPA.

The one that holds your pants up.

Eta. I have ratchets in all my gears. Hg, pcc, sg. But not on standard belts. 

Edited by BoyGlock

8 hours ago, Ontarget said:

I went back to check what the rules state. It is legal to use a single outer belt thru the belt loops. I would have to put my mag pouches and holster on as I put on the belt. It might be easier to use an outer ratchet belt with an inner belt. I think one person wrote about "bunching" of the inner belt as you tighten the ratchet which seemed a good reason to try using one belt.

Get a Dominate Defense belt setup.  The inner belt has an elastic piece in it and it keeps from bunching.  Best belt on the market.

1 hour ago, AHI said:

The inner belt DOES NOT have the ratchet on it.

Of course not. All im asking is how do u use the outer belt with ratchet and gears fixed to it thread thru the belt loops so I wont need any need for an inner belt. Some said above its possible for standard belts. Now I asked again do u use ratchet on std belts not to even consider we are talking about competition belts with ratchet? Just being sure Im not missing something here. 

On 11/8/2021 at 5:22 PM, BoyGlock said:

So you use a ratchet buckle on a standard ordinary leather or whatever-not-a-comp belt? We are not talking exclusively idpa right?

Yes, as a matter of fact.  I just discovered a company named Anson that sells reasonably priced ratcheting dress and casual belts.  They are available in 1-1/4" and 1-1/2" widths in a huge variety of colors in leather and webbing straps and with buckles in a range of metal colors and designs.   I really like them as they let you set just the right tightness for the clothes you are wearing.  Holes always seem too loose or too tight.

5 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

Yes, as a matter of fact.  I just discovered a company named Anson that sells reasonably priced ratcheting dress and casual belts.  They are available in 1-1/4" and 1-1/2" widths in a huge variety of colors in leather and webbing straps and with buckles in a range of metal colors and designs.   I really like them as they let you set just the right tightness for the clothes you are wearing.  Holes always seem too loose or too tight.

Can you use it in our games?

I'm pretty sure they are a different type of ratchet buckle that most of the competition ones are. Have a look at Bladetec for example they have a couple of versions of ratchet belts but no means are they the type most refer to as in the pictures posted on the thread.  BladeTech belowUltimate Carry Gun Belt Brown Leather with Ratcheting Belt Buckle for Everyday Carry

Edited by terrydoc

22 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

Not really but that's not what it's made for.  The original question was does anyone use ratcheting belts for casual and daily wear and that's what these are for. 

I suppose you could use one for an underbelt if the outer belt was stabilized with "keepers" or as a gun belt if threaded through belt loops on your pants.  Anson does make a reenforced nylon web strap they claim is suitable for concealed carry and that might work.

On 11/13/2021 at 12:01 AM, BoyGlock said:

Sure you can.  You can use literally almost any belt that is stiff enough in compression to hang a holstered pistol and 3 - 5 full magazines.

Here in the US many (possibly hundreds of thousands) choose to carry a handgun for self defense and our normal belts are designed to do just that.  They'll work just fine in USPSA.

In fact, that's what I used for my first few matches.

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, cbrussell said:

I got all my hardware from this company.

https://m2inc.biz/

What stinks about them is that they have a minimum order value.  So if you just need a new strap, you've got to make the order $20 or more in order to get it.   Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find another resource for the individual parts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 11:18 AM, WaltK said:

I've modified (cut) my Double Alpha belt to use the ratchet system. I absolutely love it. 

It works so well that I don't have to use the inner belt. I carry a heavy 58 oz. CO gun and it is rock steady.

Walt:

Link to the company you bought the ratched system from please.  Have the same belt and the buckle design isn't ideal so want to try the ratchet myself.

GG

1 hour ago, gargoil66 said:

Walt:

Link to the company you bought the ratched system from please.  Have the same belt and the buckle design isn't ideal so want to try the ratchet myself.

GG

M2inc.com.  They have a wide variety of buckles and straps. I recommend the buckle with the high release lever easier to release the buckle. Also get the flexible strap. Easier to insert the strap into the buckle. The ratchet  setup is definitely worth a try.

47 minutes ago, WaltK said:

M2inc.com.  They have a wide variety of buckles and straps. I recommend the buckle with the high release lever easier to release the buckle. Also get the flexible strap. Easier to insert the strap into the buckle. The ratchet  setup is definitely worth a try.

Walt:

Thankyou for the link and particularly your advice.  Will order one right now.  

GG