Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets, Anyone heard from them lately?

Just4FunLP

Anyone heard from Bayou Bullets lately? I placed an order almost 4 months ago and haven't heard from them. They didn't reply to the message I sent in their contact system and their phone has a busy signal. I only tried once, so I'll defiantly try again. They're probably just swamped, but I thought I'd ask.  Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome! Man, they’re waaaay behind on their shipping. I tried contacting them by email and on their website again today, so maybe I’ll get a reply. I’ve been using them since the last ammogedon. I’m sure they’ll get it figured out.  I just want to make sure I’m still n the list.

2 hours ago, Just4FunLP said:

I tried contacting them by email and on their website again today, so maybe I’ll get a reply. I’ve been using them since the last ammogedon. I’m sure they’ll get it figured out.  I just want to make sure I’m still n the list.

Time spent answering people is time that could have been used to make bullets and do shipping.

Damn, too bad none of you live up here in the MA/RI area. I over ordered last year and now have 5+ cases of their 9mm/124 gr RN that I’m selling at last years prices. I ain’t shipping, though, so you’d have to come to me. 

-Cuz

Bayous long wait time has a bit to do with their policy of not limiting how many bullets you order. While many other manufacturers were (and still are) limiting you to 1 case, Bayou let you order as many as you wanted. 

5 hours ago, firewood said:

Assume 20-24 weeks lead time.

Coated lead bullets are a complicated manufacturing process.

Tell that to Chandler over at Black Bullets International.😉

They work well in the Mr bulletfeeder I actually emailed and asked that question they did have a coupon active Discord5 for 5% and I think freeshipping on orders of over $66 or something like that 

2 minutes ago, Lightj75 said:

They work well in the Mr bulletfeeder I actually emailed and asked that question they did have a coupon active Discord5 for 5% and I think freeshipping on orders of over $66 or something like that 

Great tip. Just ordered a thousand to try out. Good price and free shipping.....  Thanks for the help!

Bayou Bullets is local to me. They had issues with casting machines and not having reliable employee's. They are cranking out bullets as fast as they can. Most of the machines are up and running now, but they really need a couple of more to keep up with demand. Bayou's are a great bullet and is the original coated bullet and I noticed that some of the coated bullet offering from other manufacturers are not the quality you get from Bayou. DG bullets and Brazos Bullets are two of the top I recommend. The sudden surge since Covid  has impacted orders from everyone, primers being the hardest component to get right now, and prices have more than doubled on primers. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's been so long, I almost forgot about them.

Order Status: Awaiting Fulfillment
Order Date: 12th Apr 2021

Order Total: $281.00 USD

YOUR ORDER CONTAINS:
1 x .38/.357 160 Gr. RN
(Box Qty: 2800 Ct. (Case) $266.00, Color: Gold)

1 minute ago, ysrracer said:

It's been so long, I almost forgot about them.

Order Status: Awaiting Fulfillment
Order Date: 12th Apr 2021

Order Total: $281.00 USD

YOUR ORDER CONTAINS:
1 x .38/.357 160 Gr. RN
(Box Qty: 2800 Ct. (Case) $266.00, Color: Gold)

So they sent you an update email?