Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets, Anyone heard from them lately?

Just4FunLP

Yeah. My order was placed on April 3. I tried their number a few weeks ago and only got a busy signal, and they haven’t responded to emails. I’ve ordered Bullets to try from another vendor. Hate to do that. I’ve been a customer foe a long time. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have some of those in .38 Special for IDPA SSR.  They are ok with mild loads and a taper crimp but I could wish for a real revolver bullet with a crimp groove for full loads.  I wish somebody made bulk Lyman 358311 but it would require Magma to cut new molds, they don't have anything of the sort that I have seen.

6 hours ago, Just4FunLP said:

I ordered some Summit City bullets that someone recommended above. They shipped quickly and had good prices.  I haven't tried them yet....

I ordered some as well but haven't used them. Shipped in about a week and were the cheapest I've seen.

3 hours ago, DVDMM14 said:

Has anyone used ACME or Xtreme bullets?

I used to buy a lot of bullets from X-Treme but with their recent price increases (understandably so with all of the issues related to COVID) and now that they charge for shipping I had to pass continuing to buy from X-Treme. They used to ship for free.  Now they do ship fast, have a high quality plated bullet (consistent in plating and bullet weight) that is a little less expensive and their bullets are always very well packed but getting hit with an extra $29.00 shipping on 2000 bullets or $58.00 for 3000 bullets (yep you are reading that right - $28.00 more to ship an additional 1000 bullets) made me look around to see if there was a better deal….

I decided to go to Precision Delta where I can get 2000 - 9mm 124Gr FMJ’s or JHP bullets - including shipping for $209.00 or $212.00 vs. X-Tremes price for 2000 9mm 124Gr FMJ bullets for $276.90. The prices mentioned from both companies are BEFORE sales tax which would be the same from both companies….May not seem like a lot but I have purchased 13,000 bullets (and I have another 2,000 piece oder in process right now with Precision Delta) in the last 90 days so Precision Delta has saved me roughly about $490.00……

Edited by Sigarmsp226

On 8/26/2021 at 9:34 AM, ysrracer said:

I'm shooting Bayou 160 .358 bullets. They work well in my 627

SNS Casting and Black Bullets international have the same weight/profile and they only list what's in stock. I've ordered from both over the last few months and had a tracking number on the next business day every time.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:32 PM, MikeyScuba said:

Wasn’t Ibeji worse?

I ordered from them for the first time a few weeks back. I'm a diehard SNS fan, but Ibeji were the only ones with the same 200gr .40 bullet in a different color (I'm not convinced that I'm smart enough to differentiate my .40's from my 10's without help). They shipped within a week for whatever that's worth.

1 hour ago, matteekay said:

SNS Casting and Black Bullets international have the same weight/profile and they only list what's in stock. I've ordered from both over the last few months and had a tracking number on the next business day every time.

Thanks !!

7 hours ago, ysrracer said:

A place local to me in So Cal sometimes has xtreme bullets in stock. No shipping, and they're cheaper than the website.

Capitalism - Cannot fault them because it is what pays the bills and allows companies to grow…..

As for Precision Delta that I buy from now - they are just over two hours from my home and they allowed me to drive over two weeks ago and pick up 11,000 bullets……Great down to earth folks. Yep - that is me at PD…..and got me a cool “Group Therapy” shirt while I was there also…..

B10-E7-A4-C-4-E85-4-DD1-8128-B78-D0277-A
06-D50-E2-D-8-B74-437-A-9540-33-F71-FF26

39047-F14-6196-4292-B331-7-C395599-FF80.

Edited by Sigarmsp226

2 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Capitalism - Cannot fault them because it is what pays the bills and allows companies to grow…..

As for Precision Delta that I buy from now - they are just over two hours from my home and they allowed me to drive over two weeks ago and pick up 11,000 bullets……Great down to earth folks. Yep - that is me at PD…..and got me a cool “Group Therapy” shirt while I was there also…..

B10-E7-A4-C-4-E85-4-DD1-8128-B78-D0277-A
06-D50-E2-D-8-B74-437-A-9540-33-F71-FF26

39047-F14-6196-4292-B331-7-C395599-FF80.

Way to go, very nice. 

I ordered some 45 colt bullets from bayou in March. They just shipped. I have 9mm, 40 and 45acp bullets and have ordered more knowing it will take a while but I have bullets to load meanwhile. I have ordered some from othe outfits and got them quickly. 

While I haven't tried all 9mm bullet brands, I've tried quite a few.  In my guns, Bayou's were the most consistent for me.  Due to the employee/supply chain issues that many businesses are facing, you have to plan ahead if you like Bayous.  I'll soon make my order that I'll expect right after the first of the year.  Not a problem as I did plan ahead.  They are worth the wait for me.  Full disclosure, I'm not sponsored by Bayou, I'm just a satisfied customer.

Edited by Polaris13