Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets, Anyone heard from them lately?

Just4FunLP

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope they get it all straightened out.  

My order was placed on May 4, and I received my shipping notification last week.  Tuesday or Wednesday. As of Friday the “USPS” tracking data said that the shipping ticket had been printed, but it still hasn’t been picked up. I’ve got some experience with mailing, and I expect they ship these massive 50lb boxes of lead on large trucks when they’ve got a load. I worked for a company that mailed 1.5 million books a month, and we sorted by zip code for a better rate with USPS.  They’d drop us a trailer and swap it out when it was full. 

7 minutes ago, Just4FunLP said:

I hope they get it all straightened out.  

My order was placed on May 4, and I received my shipping notification last week.  Tuesday or Wednesday. As of Friday the “USPS” tracking data said that the shipping ticket had been printed, but it still hasn’t been picked up. I’ve got some experience with mailing, and I expect they ship these massive 50lb boxes of lead on large trucks when they’ve got a load. I worked for a company that mailed 1.5 million books a month, and we sorted by zip code for a better rate with USPS.  They’d drop us a trailer and swap it out when it was full. 

May 4th ?

I'm still waiting on this:

Order Status: Awaiting Fulfillment
Order Date: 12th Apr 2021
Order Total: $281.00 USD

Let me clarify something.  I started this thread, and I feel a little guilty of doing so. They didn’t reply to my attempts to contact them, so I wanted to find out what was going on. 

Over the years I’ve spent probably hundreds of hours searching for primers and powders, having to modify my loads based on what the manufacturer was kind enough to bless us with that month, but I could always count on Bayou Bullets. 

One post says they didn’t restrict the quantities earlier in the year, and that’s one reason they got so far behind. That sounds about right. If that’s the case I hope my post doesn’t coast them any business..

I’m sorry, it’s my fault. Back when everyone was out of stock, and either not taking any back orders or limiting you to one case, I discovered that Bayou would let you back order as many as you wanted to pay up front for. Well, I may have been a bit overzealous in my ordering. And, I may have had a couple of friends order some for me when I reached the limit on my credit cards. Sorry, I’m sure they’ll get caught up soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

I’m sorry, it’s my fault. Back when everyone was out of stock, and either not taking any back orders or limiting you to one case, I discovered that Bayou would let you back order as many as you wanted to pay up front for. Well, I may have been a bit overzealous in my ordering. And, I may have had a couple of friends order some for me when I reached the limit on my credit cards. Sorry, I’m sure they’ll get caught up soon enough. 

Thanks a lot :(

7 hours ago, Farmer said:

I figured with you giving us the play by play some pirate was going to grab them off your porch before you got home. 😆

I’d love to see someone’s ring doorbell video of a porch pirate sprinting up the driveway and then throwing his back out trying to swiftly lift a 65lb box of Bullets and then have to crawl away in pain. 

Of course, then he would probably sue you for getting hurt on the job while on your property…

1 hour ago, ysrracer said:

Call me crazy, but I just ordered another 5,000 bullets from Bayou. Since I'm down to 5,000 primers I don't mind waiting for these.

Hopefully they'll be here quicker than my last order.

I can so totally relate to that…

• 3 weeks later...