Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Max coming soon?

Rich406

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...Sorry but that’s a resounding “meh” from me. If they had done this with a German X-Five Alpha-style grip module I’d be a lot more excited, but essentially just a X-Five Legion with a R3Max isn’t all that exciting

15 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

Hmm...Sorry but that’s a resounding “meh” from me. If they had done this with a German X-Five Alpha-style grip module I’d be a lot more excited, but essentially just a X-Five Legion with a R3Max isn’t all that exciting

Agreed. Pretty underwhelming. 

2 hours ago, BillChunn said:

Yeah... that would be nice.  It would save the cost of a BarSto barrel and TSA barrel fitting.  We shall see....

BC

Id be very surprised if it was mechanically different from a p320 legion or even a standard p320. 

Edited by Rich406

4 hours ago, Rich406 said:

Id be very surprised if it was mechanically different from a p320 legion or even a standard p320. 

Well, apparently the lockups on  p320 legion and a standard p320 are different... Seeing how numerous legion owners keep hunting for older slides, hopefully this one will be more accurate than the current legion model. 

Edited by cheby

36 minutes ago, cheby said:

Well, apparently the lockups on  p320 legion and a standard p320 are different... Seeing how numerous legion owners keep hunting for older slides, hopefully this one will be more accurate than the current legion model. 

I am well aware of this. In fact,I am so aware that I use the X5 slide instead of the legion slide. That said, i find it very unlikely that they will alter the mechanical design from the current p320 design. Time will tell...

6 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I am well aware of this. In fact,I am so aware that I use the X5 slide instead of the legion slide. That said, i find it very unlikely that they will alter the mechanical design from the current p320 design. Time will tell...

Do you see any difference between the legion and x5 slide? Can you tell what exactly makes the difference?

3 minutes ago, cheby said:

Do you see any difference between the legion and x5 slide? Can you tell what exactly makes the difference?

The X5 barrel is fit better and the slide locks up to the gun a bit tighter. I’m not sure what else. That said the legion will shoot certain ammo well, mostly 124gr. The X5 will shoot most ammo well. I prefer 147gr bullets. The legion group at 15 yards looked like a shotgun blast, 4-5” group. The X5 will shoot the same ammo all into 1 hole, <1” group. 

I don't know what people were expecting, TBH. It's a Legion with an R3 Max on top... mission accomplished. I probably would have chosen the 3MOA variant, but that's nitpicking. Improved slide lockup would be nice, but I've never felt the Legion's accuracy was inadequate for USPSA. I can make 75yd hits on steel with 1-2 shots, so I often feel like the accuracy issues are a little overblown. The P320 Alpha was a cool idea, and I could probably be convinced to buy the grip module if they ever released it in the US, but with the bankruptcy of Sig in Germany, I doubt it's going to happen.

(The new XCarry Legion is arguably a more interesting release; kind of a mash-up between the X5 Legion and the (never-released?) X5 TacOps. Might be good for the crowd that likes to shoot with their carry pistols.)

Edited by erwos

11 hours ago, erwos said:

I don't know what people were expecting, TBH. It's a Legion with an R3 Max on top... mission accomplished. I probably would have chosen the 3MOA variant, but that's nitpicking. Improved slide lockup would be nice, but I've never felt the Legion's accuracy was inadequate for USPSA. I can make 75yd hits on steel with 1-2 shots, so I often feel like the accuracy issues are a little overblown. The P320 Alpha was a cool idea, and I could probably be convinced to buy the grip module if they ever released it in the US, but with the bankruptcy of Sig in Germany, I doubt it's going to happen.

(The new XCarry Legion is arguably a more interesting release; kind of a mash-up between the X5 Legion and the (never-released?) X5 TacOps. Might be good for the crowd that likes to shoot with their carry pistols.)

XCarry Legion? Where did you see this?

18 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

So that’s why the X-Carry TacOps has been delayed for so long

It does seem pretty likely. I think there's a huge market for a pistol like this, not that Sig has ever been able to keep up with P320 demand to begin with.