Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Max coming soon?

Rich406

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$1450 is... not bad? It's a $500-600 sight on its own, so you're really only paying $850-$950 for the gun. If it's kitted out like a Legion or the Scorp AXG, and genuinely direct-mount the R3MAX, I don't think that's unreasonable at all. If somebody gets it down to $1300 on sale, it'd be an easy purchase, in fact. I wonder how close to max weight this is going to be with the optic and everything else.

People have been screaming at Sig for a while for a gun like this, so it's cool that’s  they're finally bringing it out.

On 11/23/2020 at 8:24 AM, erwos said:

$1450 is... not bad? It's a $500-600 sight on its own, so you're really only paying $850-$950 for the gun. If it's kitted out like a Legion or the Scorp AXG, and genuinely direct-mount the R3MAX, I don't think that's unreasonable at all. If somebody gets it down to $1300 on sale, it'd be an easy purchase, in fact. I wonder how close to max weight this is going to be with the optic and everything else.

People have been screaming at Sig for a while for a gun like this, so it's cool that’s  they're finally bringing it out.

I'm thinking the same.... With gun, the sight and IF they add magazines.  I'd buy one. ;)

The link to Osage County Guns made by the OP says four (4) twenty-one round magazines....

39 minutes ago, Chutist said:

I'm thinking the same.... With gun, the sight and IF they add magazines.  I'd buy one. ;)

@Chutist Looks like you are good to go.... The link to Osage County Guns in the OP's post says four (4) twenty-one (21) round magazines...  at $50 each that's another $200 added to the pot....

image.png

Edited by BillChunn

1 hour ago, BillChunn said:

The link to Osage County Guns made by the OP says four (4) twenty-one round magazines....

@Chutist Looks like you are good to go.... The link to Osage County Guns in the OP's post says four (4) twenty-one (21) round magazines...  at $50 each that's another $200 added to the pot....

image.png

Damn that’s good deal

1 hour ago, Goose78 said:

No. The Romeo 3 has the RTS2 footprint. I don’t own one but that’s what the other forums say. 

It has the rts2 bolt pattern, but it is significantly longer. It will fit on most rts2 mounting plates, but not all. 

On 11/21/2020 at 6:41 AM, Chillywig said:

Somewhere I heard a rumor about a metal grip for the 320 X5

It is an aluminum frame which would be lighter than the tungsten, I would rather have the tungsten for weight in competition.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:40 PM, terrydoc said:

I wonder if its a long dustcover or the AXG carry length?

If he's really running the gun I've seen pictures of, it's pretty much an XFull with a curved trigger guard and a direct mill for a Romeo3 Max. The P320 is a great gun, but there's not a lot of love for the slide/barrel due to the accuracy issues associated with them. My suspicion is that Sig will keep the usual straight trigger for the commercial version, though. Real question is whether they're finally gonna revise the 21rd mags to fit a 140mm gauge (or pay off USPSA to modify the gauge, lol).

On 11/28/2020 at 9:16 PM, erwos said:

Real question is whether they're finally gonna revise the 21rd mags to fit a 140mm gauge (or pay off USPSA to modify the gauge, lol).

All my P320 Legion twenty-one round magazines with the Sig baseplate fit the USPSA gage.  No modification was needed.  Even if there was one that needed "shortening", the baseplate is plastic.  A couple of strokes with a file and they should be good to go.

They have all been updated with the TTI +2 baseplates and still fit comfortable in the gage.

BC

Edited by BillChunn

On 11/28/2020 at 9:16 PM, erwos said:

If he's really running the gun I've seen pictures of, it's pretty much an XFull with a curved trigger guard and a direct mill for a Romeo3 Max. The P320 is a great gun, but there's not a lot of love for the slide/barrel due to the accuracy issues associated with them. My suspicion is that Sig will keep the usual straight trigger for the commercial version, though. Real question is whether they're finally gonna revise the 21rd mags to fit a 140mm gauge (or pay off USPSA to modify the gauge, lol).

The info says 5" so wouldn't that be an X5 barrel? Xfull or P320 full size is 4.7".

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 8:58 AM, erwos said:

Anyone have any info on a release date for this? Sorta hoping it's not turning into an X5 Tacops-style debacle. 

Since the SKU and item description started popping up on distributor websites a couple months ago, I’d guess they were planning to announce it at SHOT this year. Since that got cancelled the timeline becomes a bit iffier, but if I had to bet I imagine they’ll announce it by end of January/beginning of February.

My guess is basically a X-Five Legion with a direct-mount R3Max included

Buds has the following description on their page:

[quote]Sig Sauer P320 X5, Semi-automatic, Striker Fired, Full Size, 9MM, 5" Barrel, Polymer Frame, Black Color, Ambidextrous Controls, Fiber Optic Sights, Sig Romeo 3 Max Red Dot Sight, 21Rd, 4 Magazines[/quote]

https://www.budsgunshop.com/mobile/product/714024046/redirect