DAA Primafill - Interesting New Option

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MNJoel said:

I ordered a PrimaFill.... holy crap that thing has an aggressive vibrator in it (compared to the Vibra Prime) 😬

Yeah, I just 3d printed my own and used a motor off Amazon and it's a lot stronger than the vibra prime.

9 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Yeah, I just 3d printed my own and used a motor off Amazon and it's a lot stronger than the vibra prime.

Do you run large primers?  My vibra prime is horrendous with large primers. Hoping the Prima Fill is better

22 minutes ago, MNJoel said:

Do you run large primers?  My vibra prime is horrendous with large primers. Hoping the Prima Fill is better

I don't, only small primers for now.

I ended up just buying 12 feet of aluminum tubing for primer tubes and printed the ends for it. The primer filler has options for both but I have no means to try large.

The plans do have the holes slightly undersized so you can slowly open it up until the primers drop in so it may work for you.

Let me show you what the total solution to loading primers into tubes looks like! I have tried them all. Finally gave in after canceling 2 other orders for the Pal filler.  I have 1050 and nothing is worse than primers in the wrong direction. A mayor PIA! Photos are to large. 4 days from Italy. Loaded 10 tubes in a few minutes,  just through primers in tray couple of little shakes all primers in right direction. Put tube in, hit switch, all primers loaded correct direction!!! Yea!!   PAL Filler! The final solution.  Just my .04.  JD 

1 hour ago, JDIllon said:

Let me show you what the total solution to loading primers into tubes looks like! I have tried them all. Finally gave in after canceling 2 other orders for the Pal filler.  I have 1050 and nothing is worse than primers in the wrong direction. A mayor PIA! Photos are to large. 4 days from Italy. Loaded 10 tubes in a few minutes,  just through primers in tray couple of little shakes all primers in right direction. Put tube in, hit switch, all primers loaded correct direction!!! Yea!!   PAL Filler! The final solution.  Just my .04.  JD 

Yep. Awesome little machine.👏

1 hour ago, JDIllon said:

I am contemplating for quite a while now to get the PAL. However, I use mainly WIN primers and they are very bad in the Vibraprime I have - actually, they do not do well at all. Would hate to get a PAL and then having problems with Win primers...

6 minutes ago, RudyVey said:

I am contemplating for quite a while now to get the PAL. However, I use mainly WIN primers and they are very bad in the Vibraprime I have - actually, they do not do well at all. Would hate to get a PAL and then having problems with Win primers...

Mine loads wins just fine. A touch slower but still fine. Good thing is you can sell it for what you paid for it if you don’t like it.

22 minutes ago, RudyVey said:

That’s all I have now also. Like Sarge Said, a little slow but the first 1000 went fine.  Let me know if you decide. I can save you some time. JD 

As Sarge and JD have stated, Winchester primers work fine in the PAL filler.  They just seem to load a bit slower, probably because the cups aren't plated like they used to be.  I had a Dillon, then a DAA, before the PAL.  Both were totally unacceptable, with double digit percentages of upside down primers and various other issues.  The PAL works 100% and it's FAST.  Easily the best tool for the job from what's currently available.

21 hours ago, Sarge said:

Mine loads wins just fine. A touch slower but still fine. Good thing is you can sell it for what you paid for it if you don’t like it.

I loaded 400 rnds today! And not one primer problem! great investment, should have got one years ago. JD

Using small Win. primers

9 minutes ago, MNJoel said:

Anyone have experience with the PAL and large primers?

Also, where do you buy the PAL?

Works fantastic with all primers. Order direct from Italy. Easiest way to find is on FB 

1 hour ago, RudyVey said:

Umberto is no longer selling them, but he sent me the proper info, so I could get in contact and order one.

That’s weird I just ordered one from him just over a week ago, had it in 4 days. Works great btw.

8 hours ago, mveto said:

That’s weird I just ordered one from him just over a week ago, had it in 4 days. Works great btw.

Truly odd, here is the text he had sent me:

"Hi, unfortunately the palfiller is no longer available from me, for the purchase you can contact this Italian armory http://www.armeriapatria.it/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=162 at your disposal Umberto"