Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Primafill - Interesting New Option

55 minutes ago, RGA said:

Hi all,

The PAL filler raised my interest and I contacted Umberto Pallavicino on FB as suggested.

Mr Pallavicino pointed me to the shop below and I ordered one.

http://www.armeriapatria.it/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=162

Thanks for the information gents!

The Patria Giorgio armory deals only with sales in Europe, while Pallavicino Umberto handles it for the rest of the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/26/2020 at 12:54 PM, cjmill87 said:

This is actually a whole new product, different from the previously released Primer-Pro Collator.  More akin to the FA Vibra Prime

image.png.15203e299f8ae5d65a10202de94f9c99.png

Me 2, I had no luck with the Pro at all. But would like to give this a try. JD 

On 8/26/2020 at 6:28 PM, chumly2071 said:

I hope it works better than the Pro did.  

Slighty off topic but the PAL filler arrived from Italy. I tested it with CCI LP and S&B LP and SP primers and this thing works like a charm. It is also very well made.

We'll see how it holds up over time.

PAL_filler.jpg

Slighty off topic but the PAL filler arrived from Italy. I tested it with CCI LP and S&B LP and SP primers and this thing works like a charm. It is also very well made.

http://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2020_09/PAL_filler.jpg.d6f916039b854cdb82b2c943424fb488.jpg

How did you figure out that website to order? It’s not in English?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Cuz said:

How did you figure out that website to order? It’s not in English?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Cuz,

Google translator helped a lot.

Please note that the creator Umberto Pallavicino asked to contact him directly via FB if you want to order from the US. I'm in the EU.

Good luck!

Edited by RGA

1 hour ago, RGA said:

PAL_filler.jpg

Mine still works perfect after several years now. And I think I’ve only changed batteries once?

4 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Mine still works perfect after several years now. And I think I’ve only changed batteries once?

I bet!

Thanks everyone for bringing this filler to my attention!!

🍻

2 hours ago, RGA said:

PAL_filler.jpg

I received mine several weeks from Umberto, now this is a real primer filler.. 100% satisfied!! 

1 hour ago, Furrly said:

I received mine several weeks from Umberto, now this is a real primer filler.. 100% satisfied!! 

Totally agree. It's simply works, no tuning, no spray. Take it out of the box and start filling primer tubes (very quickly).

Couldn't be happier! 

25 minutes ago, Stymie12000 said:

Totally agree. It's simply works, no tuning, no spray. Take it out of the box and start filling primer tubes (very quickly).

Couldn't be happier! 

It just plain works... with any primers.. take it out of the box and use it... its thats simple 

Well I just ordered one after contacting Umberto on facebook.  Easy to deal with.  Used paypal to send 190 euros, so $221, which includes shipping.  

I really hope its good!  I have no problem paying extra for something if its well made and just works.  I've suffered the hornady and vibraprime long enough. 

47 minutes ago, jcwallace84 said:

Well I just ordered one after contacting Umberto on facebook.  Easy to deal with.  Used paypal to send 190 euros, so $221, which includes shipping.  

I really hope its good!  I have no problem paying extra for something if its well made and just works.  I've suffered the hornady and vibraprime long enough. 

You will be astonished at the quality of the build. 

1 hour ago, jcwallace84 said:

Yeah, me too.  Umberto is going to see a jump in orders thanks to the introduction of the new DAA filler.  Who would have thought...

13 hours ago, AHI said:

How is the double alfa  one doing. Not interested in the pal filer at almost three times the cost.

Don't know yet.  I pre ordered one earlier in the week.  Supposed to arrive at DAA on the 30th of September.

I have one (the DAA Primafill to be clear) but I am less than impressed. Flipping primers is a pain with the straight pattern compared to the circular pattern of other designs. (Notice even Saul flips a few with his fingers in the demo videos)

And while filling primer tubes the primers hang up on the hole and don't fall into the tube, there is an half hour long video on how to fix this but so far this has not worked for me.

This is for LP and SP btw.

23 hours ago, ExStreetWalker said:

I just received shipping notice on my Primafill!!

Hopefully it will be here Saturday or early next week.

My tracking shows mine arriving Monday.  Looking forward to trying it out.  I did have concerns over the ridge pattern, and xray's comment's certainly exacerbates those concerns, but I'll give it a try for myself and see how it goes.

My Primafill arrived today.  I like it.  Takes  a 9V battery, not my first choice, but not a deal breaker for me either.  There does seem to be a primer or two that don't want to flip, but it's really not a big deal to bump them over by hand.  To be honest, it happens to me with my RCBS flip tray as well sometimes...get the one you're trying to flip and a different one goes the wrong way.  In any case, if I felt like shaking the thing more I'm sure they would all go eventually.  Once they're all flipped it's pretty much as easy as the video.  It's just a matter of finding the right angles and they all just fall into the tube.  I've only done 500 (100 CCI SRM, 100 Federal SRM and 300 Fiocchi SRM) so far, but I'm hard pressed to see what could go wrong aside from possibly breaking the tab that holds the primer tube in place.  The Fiocchi's are a bit of a pain in the ass, but that's a function of their packaging, not the Primafill.  Mechanically speaking, there isn't much too it unlike like their other filler.  I think it either works, or it doesn't, and if it doesn't it's because the motor failed.

I can't compare it to anything else, because it's the first "automated" primer tube filler that I've used.  So it's entirely possible that the PAL or FA are still better, but for the money I think this one is a good choice.  Just have to wait and see how long it lasts.

I'm not typically a fanboy of anything and if I thought it sucked I'd say so, but it really doesn't.  I like it quite a bit so far.