Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Primafill - Interesting New Option

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has been out for months and many comments on it.  Some have found success with some mods and tricks.  Some have given up and returned them.  Can't remember anybody off the top of my head that got one and said it ran flawlessly right out of the box. 

With that said, less than half the cost of a Dillon filler and you can return it if it doesn't work.  I'll stick with my Hornady handheld filler until the reviews get better.

9 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

It has been out for months and many comments on it.  Some have found success with some mods and tricks.  Some have given up and returned them.  Can't remember anybody off the top of my head that got one and said it ran flawlessly right out of the box. 

With that said, less than half the cost of a Dillon filler and you can return it if it doesn't work.  I'll stick with my Hornady handheld filler until the reviews get better.

This is actually a whole new product, different from the previously released Primer-Pro Collator.  More akin to the FA Vibra Prime

image.png.15203e299f8ae5d65a10202de94f9c99.png

I'd be interested in hearing some reviews. At nearly twice the cost of the vibra prime I'm wondering how this is that much better.

Is the big benefit that you can flip most primers by just shaking it in your hand vs the vibra prime?

4 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I'd be interested in hearing some reviews. At nearly twice the cost of the vibra prime I'm wondering how this is that much better.

Is the big benefit that you can flip most primers by just shaking it in your hand vs the vibra prime?

No adapters needed for the primer tubes is the big attraction for me.  

39 minutes ago, NETim said:

Ah, that makes sense. I have neither but I only rock a 550 so I didn't see the need but this hunt and peck is starting to get old.

I did see a post a while back where you could buy the aluminum tube that is used for primer tubes. Would love to buy like 10+ feet of that and this primer filler.

Edit: I believe this is it https://www.zoro.com/zoro-select-tubing-0183-in-id-516-in-od-aluminum-4ntd3/i/G1875553/

Edited by Intheshaw1
Link

5 hours ago, NETim said:

I have been using the Frankford Arsenal Vibra-Prime for 9 years, and I don't use the adaptor.  It works perfectly.

13 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Ah, that makes sense. I have neither but I only rock a 550 so I didn't see the need but this hunt and peck is starting to get old.

I did see a post a while back where you could buy the aluminum tube that is used for primer tubes. Would love to buy like 10+ feet of that and this primer filler.

Edit: I believe this is it https://www.zoro.com/zoro-select-tubing-0183-in-id-516-in-od-aluminum-4ntd3/i/G1875553/

Sounds like a Darwin Award winner waiting to happen... :)

5 hours ago, 78Staff said:

Sounds like a Darwin Award winner waiting to happen... :)

Sorry, I meant buy a bunch of feet and cut them into primer tube lengths to save on buying primer tubes. The link has similar tubing for 3 bucks a foot. I would cut it to length and then drill a hole for the pins. 

So I would end up with 10 to 12 primer tubes for around 40 bucks with shipping and with the saving would buy a vibra prime or the DAA thing. Since I'm just starting reloading I only have the one that came with my 550.