Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Trigger

Flea

7 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

What??! Take away the eternal search to purchase competence?

Heresy!

To be honest, it’s part of the fun!

I personally love trying out different mods. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a johnny glocks trigger in my gen 4 glock 34 that pulls around 3 lbs with the 4.5# striker spring.  I've got a TTI kit in a gen 4 glock 17 that definitely feels lighter than the johnny glocks, but the pull and reset are much longer and less predictable than the johnny glock trigger.  The johnny glocks trigger isn't a 2011 trigger but it is much closer than any other glock trigger I've felt.  

Let me make another observation. Glocks are pretty bad when it comes to consistency between parts. Part that make one guns trigger pull good may not produce the same feel in another gun. 

If you shoot multiple Glocks, I’d recommend having a bunch of parts and just swap them out until you get the feel you want. Joe Blows super duper navy ranger / army seal / grandmaster kit might not be best in all your Gucci 34’s. 

Edited by B_RAD

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

Canik with mods. really as good as any single action. Solid wall. Crisp break. Short reset. 

Walther/canik really are SA triggers in a striker fired set up.  I’m not a scientist but they’re not the same push/pull as the Glock. 

The dudes here with Caniks must be poor DIY gunsmiths, because I don't feel that in their triggers.

And yeah, if you keep it simple then by saying 'what does the trigger do?' if it is indeed a single thing/action like releasing the striker then yeah, they are considered SA triggers. Totally get it. But I was talking about feel, and that feel comes from the mechanical interface of the parts. That's why I say a striker fired trigger will never feel like a hammer fired gun, because they operate in different directions and manners.

Burn me at the stake, but I liked the results from my simple mods to my Gen 5 G34 trigger more than the hundreds of dollars I spent on my X5 Legion trigger. So much so I have actually thought about shooting a G34 again in Production.......

1 minute ago, rowdyb said:

The dudes here with Caniks must be poor DIY gunsmiths, because I don't feel that in their triggers.

And yeah, if you keep it simple then by saying 'what does the trigger do?' if it is indeed a single thing/action like releasing the striker then yeah, they are considered SA triggers. Totally get it. But I was talking about feel, and that feel comes from the mechanical interface of the parts. That's why I say a striker fired trigger will never feel like a hammer fired gun, because they operate in different directions and manners.

Burn me at the stake, but I liked the results from my simple mods to my Gen 5 G34 trigger more than the hundreds of dollars I spent on my X5 Legion trigger. So much so I have actually thought about shooting a G34 again in Production.......

They must be doing it wrong. Telling you, you feel my trigger in my gun and you will go buy one. 🤪

On 8/7/2020 at 9:12 AM, ima45dv8 said:

What??! And take away the eternal search to purchase competence?

Heresy!

Who has time to practice?  GM is just one more Visa bill away!

Glock has many positive qualities, but the trigger quality is not going to be as nice as a well prepped 1911/2011/CZ75.

On 8/12/2020 at 9:55 AM, Yeti said:

Who has time to practice?  GM is just one more Visa bill away!

Glock has many positive qualities, but the trigger quality is not going to be as nice as a well prepped 1911/2011/CZ75.

True but I prefer the reliability of the less expensive Glocks.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a crisp trigger in a Glock stay away from 3.5# connectors.

I use a 5# lone wolf connector, 4.5lbFPS and lightened plunger spring. Mirror polish all internals. I get about a 3.5# pull with a really short break travel. Probably as close to a single action trigger as you can get in a glock.

You also have to consider the engagement between striker and cruciform. Too little engagement is unsafe but gives a very crisp break. Too much engagement (past 100%) will lengthen break travel making it not crisp.

Also having a loaded mag in a Glock changes the trigger feel a little. You need upward pressure on the slide to check engagement and to give you real world feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Sethdaniel05 said:

If you want a crisp trigger in a Glock stay away from 3.5# connectors.

I use a 5# lone wolf connector, 4.5lbFPS and lightened plunger spring. Mirror polish all internals. I get about a 3.5# pull with a really short break travel. Probably as close to a single action trigger as you can get in a glock.

You also have to consider the engagement between striker and cruciform. Too little engagement is unsafe but gives a very crisp break. Too much engagement (past 100%) will lengthen break travel making it not crisp.

Also having a loaded mag in a Glock changes the trigger feel a little. You need upward pressure on the slide to check engagement and to give you real world feel.

Why is a 3.5lb a no-go? Where did you get your FPS and plunger spring?

Why is a 3.5lb a no-go? Where did you get your FPS and plunger spring?

A 3.5# connector has a less steep angle driving the cruciform downwards. Less steep angle = more distance to get the striker to release = rolling break feel.

5# connector makes the release action happen over less distance for a more crisp feel at the cost of more resistance/heavier trigger.

Nothing wrong with a 3.5# connector. It’s just about what break feel you want.

I get my springs directly from Wolff.

Just now, Sethdaniel05 said:

A 3.5# connector has a less steep angle driving the cruciform downwards. Less steep angle = more distance to get the striker to release = rolling break feel.

5# connector makes the release action happen over less distance for a more crisp feel at the cost of more resistance/heavier trigger.

Nothing wrong with a 3.5# connector. It’s just about what break feel you want.

Thanks for the info. The only handgun I shot was a 1911 with a great trigger. Where did you get your FPS and plunger spring?

5 minutes ago, Sethdaniel05 said:

I get them directly from Wolff spring.

Your spring comments were in reference to a Gen 5 G34?

Your spring comments were in reference to a Gen 5 G34?

Mine is a 17 but it would be the same for a 34.

I also like to change out the recoil spring to 13# for 130PF ammo. You’ll have to get a new guide rod to accomplish that.

On 8/25/2020 at 3:34 PM, Sethdaniel05 said:

Mine is a 17 but it would be the same for a 34.

I also like to change out the recoil spring to 13# for 130PF ammo. You’ll have to get a new guide rod to accomplish that.

I spoke to Wolff and they said they don't make guide rods or recoil springs for any Gen 5 models.

• 4 weeks later...

I went with the TTI kit for my Gen4 G34.  I was pretty satisfied with how it felt, but I had 3 light strikes at a match last night, with CCI primers.  I ordered a Lighting Strike Titanium striker to see if the issue goes away.  I also ordered Vogel's trigger as a back up.......

Anyone running a 4.5 lb striker spring and having an issue where the trigger doesn’t go out far enough to reset the trigger safety if you prep then release the trigger? I have 2 and they are both doing it. I’m assuming a stronger striker spring is the fix but wanted to ask first.

Complete setup is TTI connector, reduced power firing pin safety spring and polishing along with 4.5 lb striker spring.

Anyone running a 4.5 lb striker spring and having an issue where the trigger doesn’t go out far enough to reset the trigger safety if you prep then release the trigger? I have 2 and they are both doing it. I’m assuming a stronger striker spring is the fix but wanted to ask first.

Complete setup is TTI connector, reduced power firing pin safety spring and polishing along with 4.5 lb striker spring.

I’ve had this issue using a Wolff 4.5lb spring. I put back in a stock spring and it fixed the issue. Gen5 17

Haven’t had time to fully diagnose the issue. It worked fine for a while with the 4.5 and just started doing it.

I had the safety reset problem after putting a Ghost connector kit in. My fix was to go back to the stock trigger spring.

ETA: It is working fine with a 4# striker spring.

ETA: It even worked fine with a Zev 3# striker spring in a CO top end that has moved on to a new home...

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a Johnny Glock trigger. Not sure what everyone is raving about. Very short take-up and overtravel, but the trigger is heavier than stock. This was after i sent the trigger back the first time because the trigger would not break. I contacted Johnny Glock and he said that the trigger not breaking sometimes happens with Gen 5 glocks. 

I guess I will keep contacting him. I get it won't ever be super crisp, single action trigger, but i was expecting an improvement over a stock trigger. 

I have another Glock 34 with a Vogel trigger in it. The Vogel trigger is leaps and bounds better.