Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Trigger

Flea

I just got a gen5, 34 mos. I think the issue is the new trigger set up. I tried about every combination of connectors, recoil, and striker springs, and could not get below 3 lbs. either the slide would not go fully into battery, or trigger would not reset. It would take me too long of a post to go through everything that I tried. So this is what worked for me. A 15lb recoil spring, and a 5lb striker spring. With that set up everything works as it should. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Trevarm said:

Just got a Johnny Glock trigger. Not sure what everyone is raving about. Very short take-up and overtravel, but the trigger is heavier than stock. This was after i sent the trigger back the first time because the trigger would not break. I contacted Johnny Glock and he said that the trigger not breaking sometimes happens with Gen 5 glocks. 

I guess I will keep contacting him. I get it won't ever be super crisp, single action trigger, but i was expecting an improvement over a stock trigger. 

I have another Glock 34 with a Vogel trigger in it. The Vogel trigger is leaps and bounds better. 

What do you like about the Vogel trigger?

1 hour ago, Flea said:

What do you like about the Vogel trigger?

Lighter than stock, defined wall, very little over travel. Its nothing crazy compared to stock, but it was an improvement.  

My main complaint about the Johnny Glock trigger is that it really isn't anything better than a stock trigger. There is less take up and less over travel, but it is heavy. 

Edited by Trevarm

23 hours ago, Trevarm said:

Just got a Johnny Glock trigger. Not sure what everyone is raving about. Very short take-up and overtravel, but the trigger is heavier than stock. This was after i sent the trigger back the first time because the trigger would not break. I contacted Johnny Glock and he said that the trigger not breaking sometimes happens with Gen 5 glocks. 

I guess I will keep contacting him. I get it won't ever be super crisp, single action trigger, but i was expecting an improvement over a stock trigger. 

I have another Glock 34 with a Vogel trigger in it. The Vogel trigger is leaps and bounds better. 

What trigger pull weight are you getting when measuring on the Johnny Glock?

I don't recall what connectors he uses in each kit but I know my finger perceives a big difference between a minus and a dot connector but my trigger pull gauge didn't show a big difference.

10 hours ago, Trevarm said:

Lighter than stock, defined wall, very little over travel. Its nothing crazy compared to stock, but it was an improvement.  

My main complaint about the Johnny Glock trigger is that it really isn't anything better than a stock trigger. There is less take up and less over travel, but it is heavy. 

You must have the stock striker spring in the pistol.  I've got two of his complete triggers in two G45s.  I've got the combat trigger in my work gun.  Super short, pre travel, over travel and reset.  Still pretty heavy.  Probably my favorite Glock trigger.  I have his full blown competition trigger in my CO G45.  It's short like the combat trigger, but much lighter and kinda mushy, even with a 4.5# striker spring.   

11 hours ago, Trevarm said:

I am using the 4.5 spring. I just checked the weight in a Lyman trigger pull gauge. 

Johnny Glock competition trigger with 4.5 spring= 5 pound pull. 

I am pretty disappointed to say the least. 

If give him a call, that doesn't sound right at all.  Did you prep the frame, maybe its hanging up on something. 

14 hours ago, Trevarm said:

I am using the 4.5 spring. I just checked the weight in a Lyman trigger pull gauge. 

Johnny Glock competition trigger with 4.5 spring= 5 pound pull. 

I am pretty disappointed to say the least. 

The JG competition trigger in my G45 is about 2 pounds lighter than yours.

You need to sell me that awful trigger at a big discount.

6 hours ago, usmc1094 said:

If give him a call, that doesn't sound right at all.  Did you prep the frame, maybe its hanging up on something. 

I emailed him. He sad he was going to get back to me with some ideas. 

No prep, just a brand new stock glock 34. 

8 hours ago, Trevarm said:

I emailed him. He sad he was going to get back to me with some ideas. 

No prep, just a brand new stock glock 34. 

He has a video on YouTube showing how to get the frame ready for his trigger.  He's a good guy, and he will make sure you're happy!

My preference is just polish parts, lighter connector, and lighten the striker spring slightly, you are not going to get a da/sa quality trigger. As mentioned before all guns are different and some parts work better in one gun and not well in another, if you want to swap parts get several different kinds. Trigger weight matters less, practice and dry fire matters more.

I started installing a trigger housing with over travel stop in my competition Glocks and I like them. It seems after many, many years of buying everyone’s trigger kit under the sun you just can’t beat a Wolff competition spring pack ($9) and a Glock trigger housing with over travel stop (approx $15).

But, since I can’t leave well enough alone, and I happen to be a fan, I also add an Apex trigger with Gen3 trigger bar to the mix. This is for my Gen3 and gen4 Glocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/7/2020 at 5:10 PM, B_RAD said:

I feel we need a mandatory Glock starter  thread. 

“You want to shoot a Glock? Read this!”

Glocks will never have as good as a trigger as a SA gun. I just saved you a crap ton of time. Now go practice. 

wish I would have seen that (and believed it) when I first started. I’d be a decent shooter by now!

You're right. Save money and buy a real gun and not some plastic toy😉😀

Well, so far no luck. I had not heard back from Johnny Glock, so I called him. No answer, but he texted me and said that if my trigger isn't working its a problem with my gun. My gun is a brand new gen 5 glock 34. The only after market part of the gun is his trigger. He says he will call me later today....

UPDATE: he never called. 

Definitely not the product or experience I have read about with Johnny Glock on here.  

Looking at Glock talk it appears I am not the only one to have issues. 

Edited by Trevarm

On 8/25/2020 at 11:33 AM, Sethdaniel05 said:

Also having a loaded mag in a Glock changes the trigger feel a little. You need upward pressure on the slide to check engagement and to give you real world feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For years I've read posts on countless threads and that's the first time I've seen that mentioned. A trigger can feel alot different with a full magazine. I've also watched people looking to buy, dry fire polymer pistols of all types in gun shops without a magazine to get an idea what the trigger is going to be like.

If I'm going to buy a pistol I'll take a magazine full of snap caps and ask to load up a mag first.  

On 10/3/2020 at 9:05 PM, Trevarm said:

interesting. I have a Vogel Trigger and a Johnny Glocks trigger/striker in two Gen5 G34s. Both are 4.5# strikers I believe. Both are the same pull weight around 3lbs. The JG is a little more of a rolling break and Vogels is a little crisper -but there's really not much difference between the two to be honest. But both definitely better than stock.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, hermes_actual said:

Anyone running a Vanek GSSF or Level 1 Trigger Kit in a Gen 5?

I have Vanek GSSF Master trigger on my Gen5 G-34 carry optics setup. Like it a lot. Have pre and over travel adjustable housing too. 

On 10/12/2020 at 9:29 AM, Tnbb33 said:

My preference is just polish parts, lighter connector, and lighten the striker spring slightly, you are not going to get a da/sa quality trigger. As mentioned before all guns are different and some parts work better in one gun and not well in another, if you want to swap parts get several different kinds. Trigger weight matters less, practice and dry fire matters more.

I have never seen anyone shoot a 6# trigger better than a 3# trigger in the same pistol. YMMV

• 3 months later...

Ive just been running a OCC trigger bar with the enhanced shoe, Zev 2lb striker spring w/ a skeleotlized striker and am getting sub 3lbs. 

A glock trigger will never be 1911/CZ/Tanfo good. just the nature of the beast but you don't have to defeat the double action pull on the first shot. 

Ive had both and like things about both.