Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Trigger

Flea

I'm considering getting a G34 Gen 5 to run in CO. What kind of pull weight on the trigger can one expect with some of the more popular drop-in kits? What about if you do the drop-in and polish some internals? Can one reasonably expect to achieve say a CZ Shadow pull and feel when the CZ is in single action mode?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just worked on an older Glock that had a 6# trigger pull. I highly polished all trigger components, installed a Ghost connector, a 5# Wolff FPS and a new OEM trigger spring and it went to 4#.  A Gen 5 G45 with highly polished trigger components, a Ghost connector, 4.5# FPS and a lighter safety spring has a 3# 4 oz. trigger pull. I recently installed a Johnny Glocks trigger in a Gen 5 G45 and it had a 2# 10 oz. trigger. All were 10 pull averages.

Edited by JBP55

13 hours ago, quietmike said:

You can get glock triggers pretty light. My Johnny Glock trigger is just under 3#.

The trigger feels very good, but IMO expecting to get a striker fired trigger to feel like a traditional single action will end with disappointment.

Agreed.  I have his combat trigger in my G45 and while it's not overly light, it's far better than stock.  I'm installing one of his competition triggers in another G45 MOS today.  I'm looking forward to seeing how much lighter it is than the combat trigger.

3.5lb trigger pull weight is super easy to get w drop in parts and light polish. The very hard part is getting the characteristics you want. 

In my two gen 5 g34 just adding the TTI spring kit and disco took them to 3.25lbs

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

3.5lb trigger pull weight is super easy to get w drop in parts and light polish. The very hard part is getting the characteristics you want. 

In my two gen 5 g34 just adding the TTI spring kit and disco took them to 3.25lbs

Does your trigger have a hard wall and crisp break or is more of a rolling break?

5 hours ago, Flea said:

hard wall and crisp break

Definitely not the above. To be honest, no drop in or diy trigger on any striker fired gun I've handled could ever be described as a hard wall/crisp break. The very mechanics of the trigger work against that once you start doing stuff to it. The force vector of the spring forces, the angle of the engagements of surfaces are not the same as in a traditional hammer fired gun, so they never will feel like one. Ever.

Edited by rowdyb

I just ordered a 34 MOS 30 minutes ago and would like to use TTI's kit but it doesn't list what pound the striker and trigger springs are. I've changed springs on 17 that I have but I knew what I was getting/ordering. TTI's  site doesn't list it or I'm not seeing it.

1 hour ago, Bayou said:

I just ordered a 34 MOS 30 minutes ago and would like to use TTI's kit but it doesn't list what pound the striker and trigger springs are. I've changed springs on 17 that I have but I knew what I was getting/ordering. TTI's  site doesn't list it or I'm not seeing it.

Was it a Gen 5 and was it new? Where did you find the gun?

It was  a Gen 5 and new. I've called 5 blue label stocking dealers in driving distance and could not find a 34 gen 5. I take that back, found one but it had ameriglow sites. 

5 hours ago, Bayou said:

Striker spring is 4.5#. Not sure about the Gen 5 trigger spring, it's a totally different design than past generations.

On 7/31/2020 at 12:47 PM, Bayou said:

The striker is a 4.5 but I wouldn't change the trigger spring in the Gen 5. It doesn't change the pull and the factory one feels a lot more robust. 

I'll keep that in mind about the trigger spring, thanks. I run a 4 lb striker, trigger spring and a connector that I put in and it improved greatly. Definitely not a solid wall/crisp break as I would like but I can live with it. 

I have the tti kit in my gen 5 34. When I installed it, it brought the trigger pull down to about 3.5lbs. Now it has around 30k on it and breaks just under 3lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 7/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, rowdyb said:

Definitely not the above. To be honest, no drop in or diy trigger on any striker fired gun I've handled could ever be described as a hard wall/crisp break. The very mechanics of the trigger work against that once you start doing stuff to it. The force vector of the spring forces, the angle of the engagements of surfaces are not the same as in a traditional hammer fired gun, so they never will feel like one. Ever.

Canik with mods. really as good as any single action. Solid wall. Crisp break. Short reset. 

Walther/canik really are SA triggers in a striker fired set up.  I’m not a scientist but they’re not the same push/pull as the Glock. 

I feel we need a mandatory Glock starter  thread. 

“You want to shoot a Glock? Read this!”

Glocks will never have as good as a trigger as a SA gun. I just saved you a crap ton of time. Now go practice. 

wish I would have seen that (and believed it) when I first started. I’d be a decent shooter by now!