Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How are X5 Legions holding up?

BryceA

Other than the grips getting chewed up, how else are things going? Springs breaking? Malfunctions? Out-of-battery firing? Since having a broken striker during a match I've begun to love the idea of a reliable and low maintenance setup...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the grips getting chewed up, how else are things going? Springs breaking? Malfunctions? Out-of-battery firing? Since having a broken striker during a match I've begun to love the idea of a reliable and low maintenance setup...
Had a striker reset spring break but didn't cause any issue. Found it doing cleaning

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 9:18 AM, bimmer1980 said:

You´re a loudmouth and not nearly as cool as u think u are...

Even many 110% Guys beat up there magwells.

He is from Texas, his county is bigger than your country.  🤣

Don't Mess with Texas is the motto.

Also his mouth is not that big, it is just Texas size.  😇

My wife has been shooting a Legion in CO since last summer. Has three, and her primary training Legion just developed a crack in the frame at about 25,000 rounds. All factory ammo. Tried to reach Sig today, but couldn’t get through, after waiting 40 minutes on hold. She also broke four RTS2 optics over that period. 

71CBAC82-B3C1-410B-8CC4-F9E48C2DD1CC.jpeg

On 6/22/2020 at 8:57 PM, GJM said:

My wife has been shooting a Legion in CO since last summer. Has three, and her primary training Legion just developed a crack in the frame at about 25,000 rounds. All factory ammo. Tried to reach Sig today, but couldn’t get through, after waiting 40 minutes on hold. She also broke four RTS2 optics over that period. 

Where you able to get ahold of sig? I’m curious as to what they say. From my experience with their customer service I would say they will take care of you. Thanks. 

On 6/18/2020 at 9:58 PM, pjb45 said:

He is from Texas, his county is bigger than your country.  🤣

Don't Mess with Texas is the motto.

Also his mouth is not that big, it is just Texas size.  😇

OK, now it’s LMAO. 😂😂😂

On 6/22/2020 at 8:57 PM, GJM said:

Hmmm, I would guess Sig would take care of this, but like @ what round count did this start & what load ?  And four RTS2’s.  I have 2 of them and so far so good with about 10k on a Shadow2 W milled slide, and on my X5 Legion only 2k rds.

On 6/22/2020 at 4:57 PM, GJM said:

A little JB Weld and it will be as good as new!😜

10 hours ago, Gooz said:

Hmmm, I would guess Sig would take care of this, but like @ what round count did this start & what load ?  And four RTS2’s.  I have 2 of them and so far so good with about 10k on a Shadow2 W milled slide, and on my X5 Legion only 2k rds.

On each of her RTS2 units, what broke was the metal ear on one side of the battery tray. You might check yours and see if they are intact. On previous versions, when contact was lost, the optic would turn off, but with the newer RTS2 versions, as soon as contact is made again, the optic is on, so you might not notice if an ear is broken. 

In my opinion, the entire p320 lineup is junk when it comes to reliability. They are just flimsy guns, parts always break. However, I still find the X5 legion to be the best CO gun for price vs performance ratio, and continue to buy parts. My tungsten grip is kind of beat up, but I already assumed it would be so. I used a knife to shave off sharp edges when I first got it, and it cuts like butter. Very flimsy.

15 hours ago, GJM said:

On each of her RTS2 units, what broke was the metal ear on one side of the battery tray. You might check yours and see if they are intact. On previous versions, when contact was lost, the optic would turn off, but with the newer RTS2 versions, as soon as contact is made again, the optic is on, so you might not notice if an ear is broken. 

Thanks for that. Just checked and so far they look fine & guess I’ll have to keep an eye on them. 👍

27 minutes ago, Tango said:

In my opinion, the entire p320 lineup is junk when it comes to reliability. They are just flimsy guns, parts always break. However, I still find the X5 legion to be the best CO gun for price vs performance ratio, and continue to buy parts. My tungsten grip is kind of beat up, but I already assumed it would be so. I used a knife to shave off sharp edges when I first got it, and it cuts like butter. Very flimsy.

don't say that i just bought one 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Bayou said:

Been reading up a lot lately about getting into CO and sig is one of the contenders as well as a G34. Wouldn't the G34 get chewed up just as bad? 

They're close enough to be functionally the same. I don't find the the Legion grip gets chewed up noticeably faster than Glock frames. At the end of the day, they're both made out of a comparable plastic. And I'd much rather be able to replace the frame hassle-free, especially considering I live in Maryland and we have to pay $50+ in transfer/registration fees with a 7 day waiting period to replace a serialized frame. I'd much rather be able to buy a barely used Legion grip for $150 with zero hassle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 12:58 AM, Bayou said:

Been reading up a lot lately about getting into CO and sig is one of the contenders as well as a G34. Wouldn't the G34 get chewed up just as bad? 

I noticed that my glock frame got chewed up faster than the legion im currently running.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 1:56 PM, Tango said:

What parts break for you? I haven't seen anyone having any real problems with them at matches, and the only thing that seems to be a potential issue form taking it apart is the lifespan of some small springs. Next area of concern would be the adjustable rear sight, but mostly I think that is a risk of disassembly because it needs ot be adjusted to one extreme out of the box. At least to match with the tall front sight, but for a lot of people it seems to also need a lot of lateral adjustment.

As for the polymer hardness, Every polymer gun I have tried has some issues with needing something cleaned up, including the legion, and the tungsten grip behaves similarly to my first gen M&P. It's plastic, it's going to shave. Just the tungsten infused stuff will dull your edge quicker. I'd give the award to hardest polymer to my old H&K USP. That one I punted and moved to abrasives because I ahd to use enough pressure that control suffered and cautious use of abrasives was less error prone. I'd also say that glock polymer is pretty soft, and tends to displace more than it abrades when gouged, especially in thinner areas like the mag well.  How much reloads wear will likely come down to how you practice. Live fire and dry fire with dummy rounds are going to be significantly less abusive in general than stabbing a feed lip into things over and over.

2 hours ago, raz-0 said:

What parts break for you? I haven't seen anyone having any real problems with them at matches, and the only thing that seems to be a potential issue form taking it apart is the lifespan of some small springs. Next area of concern would be the adjustable rear sight, but mostly I think that is a risk of disassembly because it needs ot be adjusted to one extreme out of the box. At least to match with the tall front sight, but for a lot of people it seems to also need a lot of lateral adjustment.

As for the polymer hardness, Every polymer gun I have tried has some issues with needing something cleaned up, including the legion, and the tungsten grip behaves similarly to my first gen M&P. It's plastic, it's going to shave. Just the tungsten infused stuff will dull your edge quicker. I'd give the award to hardest polymer to my old H&K USP. That one I punted and moved to abrasives because I ahd to use enough pressure that control suffered and cautious use of abrasives was less error prone. I'd also say that glock polymer is pretty soft, and tends to displace more than it abrades when gouged, especially in thinner areas like the mag well.  How much reloads wear will likely come down to how you practice. Live fire and dry fire with dummy rounds are going to be significantly less abusive in general than stabbing a feed lip into things over and over.

within the 1.5 year of moderate usage on a p320 compact and heavy usage on an X5, I had the following parts break: sear springs, drop safety lever, striker hook (or whatever you call it), and the tungsten grip module is eroding, the sear is chipping off. Mind you, the first three breakages render the trigger dead!

Edited by Tango

i will admit i have not read the full thread .... that said, anyone know where to get ahold of a legion???? Romeo 1 Pro??? 9mm ammo???

any of the three would be greatly appreciated!! i have looked everywhere and I know I have exhausted all my options here. I have been wanting to upgrade my competition gun to a P320 legion and given the crazy times ..... well you all know. Any help would be much appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, Benelli-Benn said:

i will admit i have not read the full thread .... that said, anyone know where to get ahold of a legion???? Romeo 1 Pro??? 9mm ammo???

any of the three would be greatly appreciated!! i have looked everywhere and I know I have exhausted all my options here. I have been wanting to upgrade my competition gun to a P320 legion and given the crazy times ..... well you all know. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Not sure where you live, but we have Murdochs stores here in Colorado.  Does not look like they Ship guns though.  I have seen X5 Legions in their stores pretty regularly even during the crazy Covid, and Riots have been going on. Do your research on Optics before buying.  As for 9 mm good luck. 

50 minutes ago, Benelli-Benn said:

gunbroker is full of x5 legions