Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maxamundi's 60 Day PCC Countdown

Hi guys! With Nationals 60 days away I challenged myself to produce one video of PCC related content per day, counting down until Nationals. 

Most of the content is on Instagram (@maxamundi) but I may transition it all to YouTube soon. We just finished day four, and I thought this would be a good video to share. I will post more here in this thread, but I recommend joining us on Instagram where it's a lot more interactive and I can answer questions through DMs or comments on my daily video posts.

Today my video was a tune up range session, where my goal for the session was simply to get comfortable and consistent shooting this new setup with new 100gr match ammo that I've decided on. I talk through all my thoughts and found myself falling into "coaching mode" sometimes, as if I was teaching a class. I think it will be helpful to many of you. Enjoy!

Edited by Maxamundo
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, YES Thanks for doing this. For the longest I've been wanting ways for efficient practice. I have done one or two things similar to what you did but just this video has given me much more to think about and do.

36 minutes ago, egd5 said:

Wow, YES Thanks for doing this. For the longest I've been wanting ways for efficient practice. I have done one or two things similar to what you did but just this video has given me much more to think about and do.

I'm really into this challenge of designing complete practices where I'm limited to exactly the materials I listed - the 6 stands, specific 1 x 2 lengths, and metric paper. It actually makes it easier for me and I've been able to design drills a lot quicker than if I have an unlimited range of USPSA equipment. And it will be easy for anyone to follow.

Also looking forward to a video on buffers and short-stroking. Have you tried the TACCOM extreme short stroke bolt? Seems to let you short stroke even further while still resetting the trigger. Also curious to see if you've tried their magnetic delayed blowback buffer system.

6 hours ago, assaultthesalt said:

Your personal reason for switching to 100 grainers ? I've been running them from the time I started PCC...I like the faster cycling feel , plus less dot movement. Thanks in advance for your response. :) 

Same as you, they just seem to work amazingly with my particular gun's config, and surprised me in how good they felt in many other of my test guns. And they also surprised me accuracy wise.

Thanks again for posting these vids Max, caught up on Instagram and there's lots of good nerd-out info 😉

Totally agree with what you said about Holosun's QC taking a nose-dive lately and your thoughts on the MRO mimic mine... I foolishly sold off a HE510C-Green months back, and since have bought/returned 2 because the "square-box ghost" reflection from the emitter around the dot was super noticeable and annoying, when for sure the first one I owned showed/displayed none of that (now seems they're sold out everywhere, so maybe I can try to find another one that's "good" down the road). I've tried 4 different MRO's over the years, most recently 2 Green dot ones, and while I know the magnification/fisheye doesn't bother some, they're just horrible to my eyes/brain too and I don't know how people shoot them.

Kinda annoying that my eyes/brain have fallen in love with green over red so much over the last year (I have a slight astigmatism and green is head and shoulders better for my eyes), because I'd really like to try one of those single-dot EOtech's, I didn't even know they existed before seeing your video (I emailed EOtech asking if they plan to make a green version but haven't heard back).   

Edited by ck1
9 hours ago, ck1 said:

Thanks again for posting these vids Max, caught up on Instagram and there's lots of good nerd-out info 😉

Totally agree with what you said about Holosun's QC taking a nose-dive lately and your thoughts on the MRO mimic mine... I foolishly sold off a HE510C-Green months back, and since have bought/returned 2 because the "square-box ghost" reflection from the emitter around the dot was super noticeable and annoying, when for sure the first one I owned showed/displayed none of that (now seems they're sold out everywhere, so maybe I can try to find another one that's "good" down the road). I've tried 4 different MRO's over the years, most recently 2 Green dot ones, and while I know the magnification/fisheye doesn't bother some, they're just horrible to my eyes/brain too and I don't know how people shoot them.

Kinda annoying that my eyes/brain have fallen in love with green over red so much over the last year (I have a slight astigmatism and green is head and shoulders better for my eyes), because I'd really like to try one of those single-dot EOtech's, I didn't even know they existed before seeing your video (I emailed EOtech asking if they plan to make a green version but haven't heard back).   

Eotech just doesn't sell enough single dot models to motivate them to do anything with it. The fact there is no EXPS2-1 or XPS3-1 or EXPS3-1 is very revealing. I'm going to try to change that over the next year or so. No promises on the green though. 

I'm curious, do the Green MRO's get as bright as the reds? For the holosuns, I've always felt the max setting in green was about 1 setting dimmer than the max setting on red. Not how your eye perceives it, but just how big the dot gets as it's bloomed out in the sunlight. It would be cool to try a very very bright green dot.