Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maxamundi's 60 Day PCC Countdown

1 hour ago, Maxamundo said:

You're running 164pf in your MPX?

Yea ended up their after 3 years of development

• started with 124's with the stock flash hider
  • Moved to 115gr after adding the MBX comp

the 9BPLE Load:

• groups under 2" at 100 yds (100/26 yrd BZO ) 
  •  matches up to the 500yard 5.56mm BDC point in the EoTec / trijicon /sig reticals @ 175 yrds for the long range targets at the AZ State PCC match
  • only rises a max of 1.9" (@ 65 yrds)  falls out of that 1.9" @115 yrds  (  gives me a center hold on a 8' plate anywhare  from 5-115 yards)
  • Matches the CQB 7yd point of reference in the same recitals
  • gives me same BZO with the XM9001 ,  115gr speer TMJ and my 115gr reloads  for regular USPSA matches
  • drives the MBX comp 

I admit I have played around with  95gr JHP loads  that I do like for just USPSA and gives me an alternate for when bullets  are hard to source and factory cost is up ( now) only run them @ 1525 fps /144 PF 

Just saying their is performance available in the MPX if your willing to tune, just like in a blowback PCC it's just  different more like an OPEN pistol or an AR ...

• If your killing extractor springs in your MPX  your over gassed for that powder burn rate.. I git 7K or so on one with proper gassing, I have killed them in 300 rounds with improper gas
  • best thing i did to eliminate the "MPX wants to do it own thing" was add the comp and drop the recoil spring rate
Edited by 2011BLDR
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, 2011BLDR said:

Yea ended up their after 3 years of development

• started with 124's with the stock flash hider
  • Moved to 115gr after adding the MBX comp

the 9BPLE Load:

• groups under 2" at 100 yds (100/26 yrd BZO ) 
  •  matches up to the 500yard 5.56mm BDC point in the EoTec / trijicon /sig reticals @ 175 yrds for the long range targets at the AZ State PCC match
  • only rises a max of 1.9" (@ 65 yrds)  falls out of that 1.9" @115 yrds  (  gives me a center hold on a 8' plate anywhare  from 5-115 yards)
  • Matches the CQB 7yd point of reference in the same recitals
  • gives me same BZO with the XM9001 ,  115gr speer TMJ and my 115gr reloads  for regular USPSA matches
  • drives the MBX comp 

I admit I have played around with  95gr JHP loads  that I do like for just USPSA and gives me an alternate for when bullets  are hard to source and factory cost is up ( now) only run them @ 1525 fps /144 PF 

Just saying their is performance available in the MPX if your willing to tune, just like in a blowback PCC it's just  different more like an OPEN pistol or an AR ...

• If your killing extractor springs in your MPX  your over gassed for that powder burn rate.. I git 7K or so on one with proper gassing, I have killed them in 300 rounds with improper gas
  • best thing i did to eliminate the "MPX wants to do it own thing" was add the comp and drop the recoil spring rate

Wow,

1525 for 95 gr, 1425 for your 115 gr. loads,

In my day you would have been DQed at the chrono stage for going over the 1350 velocity limit.

All majors I went to did that to reduce damage to steel targets. I guess things have changed.

It was the same at local matches but no chrono so it was  an honesty thing.

6 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

Wow,

In my day you would have been DQed at the chrono stage for going over the 1350 velocity limit.

All majors I went to did that to reduce damage to steel targets. I guess things have changed.

I have been shooting this sport since 1990 and never heard of the veloicty limits your talking about... early on major PF was 175 so everyone targeted 180PF for comfort..had guys running 88gr JHP @2045 fps 115gr@ 1565 fps... FYI current USPSA velocity limit for PCC is 1600 fps... the 9BPLE and XM9001 are federal factory loads out of a 13.7" barrel garentee  the would be faster from a  16"

Edited by 2011BLDR
9 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

Wow,

Wow, what daze were those?  I've been running 115gr JHP out of my Open guns at 1500fps for several decades, and 1575fps for more than a decade before that.

Edited by Ming the Merciless
7 hours ago, Ming the Merciless said:

Wow, what daze were those?  I've been running 115gr JHP out of my Open guns at 1500fps for several decades, and 1575fps for more than a decade before that.

Yea it  was awhile ago,

Area 7 and 8 USPSA matches.

I started in 92 so it must have been 90's and early 20's

How time flies!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 1:29 AM, Maxamundo said:

I forgot to post my last IG post in this thread. I postponed the series due to lack of ammo and contractors in the house.

I had been enjoying this too. Looking at his youtube and IG there are not any more videos there either? Max - get them contractors to help load ammo!

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations, @Maxamundo

You shot a heck of a match!!!  I stopped by to watch you shoot stage 10 after my squad finished...  It seems like you get faster every year...  Thanks for posting your match videos...  they are very informative and also just fun to watch.

Also enjoyed your IG/uTube series...  I had just bought a barrel and comp from Aaron Brekke...  decided to try a Davidson Defense upper (from your video) and new FM9 bolt...  Nice how the standard flat bolt (no notch) fits perfectly with the inset ramp on Aaron's barrel...  Very cool design...  it was flawless during testing so I decided to shoot it at Nationals where it was also flawless...  Much more flawless than me. 

On 6/24/2020 at 2:30 PM, RaylanGivens said:

it was flawless during testing so I decided to shoot it at Nationals where it was also flawless...  Much more flawless than me. 

Awesome! Glad you like the setup. It ran 100% for me too. I even used the cheap FM9 lower and Davidson defense uppers on the match gun, which both Lynda and I ran the whole match with 0 malfuctions, over 1100 rounds the whole time.

3 hours ago, Maxamundo said:

Awesome! Glad you like the setup. It ran 100% for me too. I even used the cheap FM9 lower and Davidson defense uppers on the match gun, which both Lynda and I ran the whole match with 0 malfuctions, over 1100 rounds the whole time.

Ive got a few FM9 guns including my SBR and love their products and Paul has great customer service.

My question is what buffer and spring did you run

Thanks

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 5:06 PM, Maxamundo said:

No, Berry's was totally out and working on catching up on 115s first before even making more. So I ran 115s. 

Roger That....Word is Berry's is 4 months out on projectiles.This is for a commercial order though.