Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 X5 Holster....Red Hill Tactical or Ghost The One

Esquire

I know these two are apples to oranges, but does anybody have any experience with either or both for the 320 X5?  Specific likes or dislikes?

I like the price on the RHT much more, but there are currently none of the ready to ship holsters in stock.  Can't decide if it's worth spending the extra money to get the Ghost right now.   

1 hour ago, Esquire said:

I know these two are apples to oranges, but does anybody have any experience with either or both for the 320 X5?  Specific likes or dislikes?

I like the price on the RHT much more, but there are currently none of the ready to ship holsters in stock.  Can't decide if it's worth spending the extra money to get the Ghost right now.   

Your Google-foo is very weak, I found one on the first site I tried:

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Red-Hill-Tactical-Competition-Holster-P5346.aspx

15 hours ago, ClangClang said:

www.gxproductsusa.com is what you seek for your next USPSA holster. Finest holsters on the market, with the first real innovation in kydex in a very long time.

That's pretty nifty. Not sure if it's worth the premium to me over the threaded adjustment knobs of RHTs but I like the concept.

OP, I had a Ghost The One for my Limited gun (RIA "2011") and I never felt that confident in it even though I tested it and it never failed. I was paranoid it was going to fall out if I bumped into something. Just a mental thing on my end. It was very quick to draw from.

I have three RHTs now for different P320s. They're nice holsters. It took just a quick shot from the heat gun to mod them when I added a go guns pedal.

I’ve got the RHT level 2 for my X-Five. It’s super secure and a quick draw. The only issue was that the t-nut of the hood was rubbing on the slide when I re-holstered. I thought it was kydex rubbing off, but it didn’t make sense. After an hour of dry fire, the front of the slide has a bunch of minor scuffs. I wish I caught it sooner. I would’ve added some sticky felt to protect the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an RHT for my last CO gun but tried a Weber Tactical USPSA Gamer holster for my new 320 Legion.  I think the Weber quality is just as good as RHT and very well thought out.  Might be another option to look at.  

Is there an intended primary usage for the holster, as they are apples and oranges like you stated..

In kydex I use rln custom. I have used a ghost one w 2 different inserts. It took some fiddling to get the ball adjust exactly how I wanted but the gun was always secure when locked.

19 hours ago, CJcycles said:

You can use code “Charris” and save on a RHT holster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the discount code....!!

Edited by psyops
spellin

• 1 month later...

If you are going to shoot CO then you can't have ghost holster or any race holster, it works fine for limited or open, I have a ghost ultimate and it works great aside from the lock lever not being to intuitive to re-lock or unlock on the go. I have since purchased a double alpha with an insert and i feel much better knowing i can quickly lock the gun in, or unlock with flick of a lever in during the draw if i need to in 3 gun. That being said I will also be purchasing a RHT or something kydex for a dedicated 3gun setup to avoid scuffing up the gun during some stages. If your plan is to only shoot uspsa and you'll always be able to calmly use the turn lock lever then its just fine.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:28 PM, Esquire said:

Shooters connection has RHT x5 holsters in stock. I just order one last week and got it like 3 days later.