Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Alpha3 optic experiences

vgdvc

18 minutes ago, JDIllon said:

Got my 8moa on Monday. Mounted it on my Carry Opitics CZ and went the range. The 8 moa on the lowest setting is great. I think 8 moa outside and for steel challenge will be really nice. My only suggestion would be to be able to use a small screwdriver to adjust the sight. Having that small Allen wrench is a pain.   Love the sight so much better than my Sig! Just my . JD 

We are glad you are enjoying the optic. We appreciate your suggestion too. We do include the allen wrench so at least people don't have to search for one :)

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

We are glad you are enjoying the optic. We appreciate your suggestion too. We do include the allen wrench so at least people don't have to search for one :)

Until after the first time. LOL !  JD   Love the sight,the window is great.

Edited by JDIllon

7 minutes ago, serevince said:

Anyone have this slide mounted on a Glock?

Slide is cut for a RTS2, any modification required?

Thanks

Vince

Yes. If slide is cut for RTS2 and there is not room in front then the FTP Alpha3 will not fit. It’s slightly longer in front. You will need to modify the slide or shave off some of the optic. 

25 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Yes. If slide is cut for RTS2 and there is not room in front then the FTP Alpha3 will not fit. It’s slightly longer in front. You will need to modify the slide or shave off some of the optic. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

What do you like about this sight “so much better” than your Sig? And what Sig red dot are you comparing this with?

Romeo 1, the glass is quite a bit higher which I find it easier to find the dot. And it is only a couple of cm narrower.The buttons work much easier. Just like the sight better. JD 

Just a quick note that to confirm the Alpha 3 is slightly longer than the RTS2 on the front so if you are using an optics ready gun, you may need to machine the front of the slide cut to make extra clearance when using an RTS2 plate. If you choose to shave the Alpha 3 instead, the warranty would be voided so I would not recommend that option.

On 3/31/2021 at 6:43 PM, JDIllon said:

Got my 8moa on Monday. Mounted it on my Carry Opitics CZ and went the range. The 8 moa on the lowest setting is great. I think 8 moa outside and for steel challenge will be really nice. My only suggestion would be to be able to use a small screwdriver to adjust the sight. Having that small Allen wrench is a pain.   Love the sight so much better than my Sig! Just my . JD 

any pictures? Tempted for my Shadow 2, but concerned about the size of the body

10 minutes ago, o27 said:

I’ll try and post a picture of my SP01 with one mounted.

found one 

9hbHXh2.jpg

Edited by Posvar

On 4/8/2021 at 11:35 AM, o27 said:

If your Shadow 2 is an optics ready gun, the factory RTS-2 plate will not work as the optic is slightly longer in the front and it runs out of space. Stuart at CZ custom is putting one on a customer's gun right now with their mount so give them a call and they may have a mount available for you.

On 4/8/2021 at 12:35 PM, o27 said:

On my SP01 I have a CZC dovetail plate. So I don’t have a length problem.

2 hours ago, JDIllon said:

On a open gun, it should work with any over slide mount that is drilled for  RTS2. They generally don’t have a length problem. JD 

That is only the case if there is no blast shield. If it has a blast shield, you may need to clearance the bottom of the blast shiled as some will make contact with the Alpha 3 which is slightly longer. If the mount will work with the Romeo 3 Max, then it should work with the Alpha 3 even with a blast shield. They all use the same mounting pattern.

10 hours ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

If your Shadow 2 is an optics ready gun, the factory RTS-2 plate will not work as the optic is slightly longer in the front and it runs out of space. Stuart at CZ custom is putting one on a customer's gun right now with their mount so give them a call and they may have a mount available for you.

It´s the regular Shadow 2 i have - non OR

3 hours ago, o27 said:

It´s the regular Shadow 2 i have - non OR

On a reg Shadow2, you could have the slide cut and drilled for the optic. Or buy a dovetail plate mount. CZC CZ custom or Cajun gun works or Henning all make them. I have my Alpha3 mounted on a dove tail mount on my Accu Shadow SP01, it works great and you do not have to have you slide milled.JD 

Im located in Denmark, Europe so milling will be the local gunsmith. Thankfully he happens to one of the top 3 in the country. But probably starts with dovetail, despite milling definately is more appealing also pure aesthetics.

A bit torn between the Alpha 2 or 3, concerned that the 3 will look massive compared to the 2