Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Alpha3 optic experiences

vgdvc

Can anyone tell me if the Alpha 3's footprint is identical or very similar to the Romeo3Max? I know the Alpha 3 is a little longer length wise than the RTS2 but is it longer than the Romeo or exactly the same as it?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, 021411 said:

Can anyone tell me if the Alpha 3's footprint is identical or very similar to the Romeo3Max? I know the Alpha 3 is a little longer length wise than the RTS2 but is it longer than the Romeo or exactly the same as it?

Yes. This info is in this exact thread by the way. I’ve owned and swapped out the R3Max, R3XL, and FTP Alpha3 on the same guns.  

Edited by Posvar

58 minutes ago, 021411 said:

Also, it’s not “exactly” the same as the front has a three sided angled edge to it. I had to file off just a smidge of the front of my Alpha3 to fit my Honcho Mount designed for the Romoe3 family of optics. 

http://www.1911store.com/images/products/detail/40-313.jpg

12 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Yes. This info is in this exact thread by the way. I’ve owned and swapped out the R3Max, R3XL, and FTP Alpha3 on the same guns.  

Thanks. Reason I asked.. Brazos has a new mount with a blast shield that almost perfectly fits the 3Max with only a wee bit of breathing room in front of it before it hits the shield. If they, A3 and 3Max, are the same length more or less, I'll be fine. 

Edited by 021411

6 minutes ago, 021411 said:

http://www.1911store.com/images/products/detail/40-313.jpg

Thanks. Reason I asked.. Brazos has a new mount with a blast shield that almost perfectly fits the 3Max with only a wee bit of breathing room in front of it before it hits the shield. If they, A3 and 3Max, are the same length more or less, I'll be fine. 

You should be ok 

Got mine in today and I already like what I see. I have bad astigmatism and believe it or not the dot on the Alpha 3 is round-ish compared to other dots I have used to my eyes. I’m amazed because the dot is 8 MOA. I took a gamble with the size and I’m glad I went with it. Now I have to wait for my open gun to be finished. 

13 minutes ago, 021411 said:

Got mine in today and I already like what I see. I have bad astigmatism and believe it or not the dot on the Alpha 3 is round-ish compared to other dots I have used to my eyes. I’m amazed because the dot is 8 MOA. I took a gamble with the size and I’m glad I went with it. Now I have to wait for my open gun to be finished. 

Awesome! I too have an astigmatism and love how the dot is more true and round on the Alpha3 more so than the Romeo3 Max and Romeo3 XL 

We used the highest quality glass and coatings on the Alpha 3. Just about everyone comments on how clear the glass is and how bright the dot is compared to other brands. The anti reflective coatings are also superior.

Thanks to everyone that has purchased the optic. We have a few left and then the next batch will not arrive until March.

If you want to check out pictures and more feedback from our customers, check our our Instagram account. When our customers tag us, we share it to our account.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For future reference, if anyone was curious about the Brazos Custom Gunworks mount, the Alpha 3 fits on the Romeo 3/RTS2 with blast shield mount perfectly. I used the mount supplied fasteners and torqued them down to 15 INCH pounds since nothing was listed other than don't overtighten. RTS2 manual says no more than 25 INCH pounds max and Sig says 15 on their manual. I went with the lower figure. They are all kinda similar so I used their manuals as reference. 

Image.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: So what size dot are most of you using for a Carry Optics setup? I am still thinking of getting one of these to test out. Thanks, Eric

8moa. They won’t be back in stock until March if all goes well with Covid etc. 

On 11/3/2020 at 11:18 AM, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

We used the highest quality glass and coatings on the Alpha 3. Just about everyone comments on how clear the glass is and how bright the dot is compared to other brands. The anti reflective coatings are also superior.

Thanks to everyone that has purchased the optic. We have a few left and then the next batch will not arrive until March.

If you want to check out pictures and more feedback from our customers, check our our Instagram account. When our customers tag us, we share it to our account.

It's a great optic, first hand experience. Wish you guys would increase the glass size my old eyes are finding it harder to find the dot. Hahah 

1 hour ago, Furrly said:

It's a great optic, first hand experience. Wish you guys would increase the glass size my old eyes are finding it harder to find the dot. Hahah 

You may want to try a 510c if the glass is too small on the FTP :) 

in all seriousness the glass size is superb for me compared to just about any other red dot. Super clear glass and crisp dot makes for a good experience. 

13 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I was thinking of either the 6 or the 8 for my Carry Optics Glock 17 Gen 5 that will be here in the next month or two. Thanks, Eric

For sure 8 moa 

5 hours ago, Posvar said:

You may want to try a 510c if the glass is too small on the FTP :) 

in all seriousness the glass size is superb for me compared to just about any other red dot. Super clear glass and crisp dot makes for a good experience. 

Tried it, did not like the Dot, great glass size

1 minute ago, JDIllon said:

I just ordered a Alpha 3!!! Tired of sending the Sigs back!! From all reports I hope this is a good decision. JD

Sweet! What MOA? I didn't think they were in stock until March

2 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Sweet! What MOA? I didn't think they were in stock until March

6 MOA, they are not supposed to be in till March! I'm in no hurry. I will just keep replacing my Sigs till then. Just can't justify stepping up to the SRO or Max. There should be good red dots that last for a reasonable price. Just my .02 JD

If I like the first one, I thought I would try a 8 MOA.