Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Alpha3 optic experiences

vgdvc

3 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

has anyone had issues with the dot appearing smaller than it is? i was shooting yesterday in the bright sun and it looked the same size as an SRO which is 2.5. i changed the battery out and still the same thing

What battery's are you using?? 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Also on these ft3s isn't the diode underneath the casing...so I'd have remove the whole top part to access it?

The one I just cleaned was on a Romeo three max. If it’s inside the casing then just clean the clear protective part. I just use a dry Q-tip with nothing on it.

You will need a micro q tip (you can find these on Amazon for cleaning eyelashes) to be able to clean the emitter lens. A regular q tip is too big. Just use a little windex on the tip. Before doing that, make sure you blow away any debris with compressed air as you don't want to scratch the emitter lens.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:19 AM, AverageJoeShooting said:

ummm how do i jump on this? i want a 10 moa

You would need to call us order very soon so we can have it made with our next production order. There would be a 50.00 non refundable deposit to secure the 10 MOA version.

I received my 6 MOA yesterday.  Unfortunately it's going to have to go on a rifle.  For whatever reason, the FTP is worse with my astigmatism than the Romeo 3.  With the Sig, I see a small "comet" with a "tail" at the 7 O'clock.  With the FTP it's like two full dots blobbed together.  Maybe the 8 MOA would have been better for me.  I'm not bashing, it's a perfect circle through my camera, it's likely just a function of the way the emitter and glass work together (along with my eyes).  It's well built, the buttons are great, the glass is super clear so all in all a great item, I just think it would be too much of an adjustment to switch my pistols over.

1 minute ago, clw42 said:

I received my 6 MOA yesterday.  Unfortunately it's going to have to go on a rifle.  For whatever reason, the FTP is worse with my astigmatism than the Romeo 3.  With the Sig, I see a small "comet" with a "tail" at the 7 O'clock.  With the FTP it's like two full dots blobbed together.  Maybe the 8 MOA would have been better for me.  I'm not bashing, it's a perfect circle through my camera, it's likely just a function of the way the emitter and glass work together (along with my eyes).  It's well built, the buttons are great, the glass is super clear so all in all a great item, I just think it would be too much of an adjustment to switch my pistols over.

Asigmatism is an interesting issue with optics. We have had a number of people say our dots were better with their astigmatism but in your case, it sounds like it was worse. 

18 hours ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

Asigmatism is an interesting issue with optics. We have had a number of people say our dots were better with their astigmatism but in your case, it sounds like it was worse. 

Yeah, I was kind of bummed to be honest.  I was hoping it would be better, especially since my astigmatism isn't bad.  Oh well, like I said, it's not a huge deal.

The footprint is slightly different as stated. Longer font and rear, from the screw holes. FTP will provide a print on request. Fortunately I'm friends with a (only slightly evil) genius of a machinist, he matched the front "W" profile and the rear radius perfectly. (have pics, but I get a file size error)

Couple hundred rounds through it today. Nothing significant to add, except I wish I had not waited to go to a dot. I started to have a pretty significant shift in eyesight around age 40. That front sight has gotten tougher and tougher. Turn 46 this week and I was happy to see, ;) that the dot helped immensely with eye strain and focus. Looking forward to spending more time on the range with it.

20210512_122757.jpg

16 minutes ago, serevince said:

The footprint is slightly different as stated. Longer font and rear, from the screw holes. FTP will provide a print on request. Fortunately I'm friends with a (only slightly evil) genius of a machinist, he matched the front "W" profile and the rear radius perfectly. (have pics, but I get a file size error)

Couple hundred rounds through it today. Nothing significant to add, except I wish I had not waited to go to a dot. I started to have a pretty significant shift in eyesight around age 40. That front sight has gotten tougher and tougher. Turn 46 this week and I was happy to see, ;) that the dot helped immensely with eye strain and focus. Looking forward to spending more time on the range with it.

20210512_122757.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got mine back from a friend who borrowed it because his R3XL broke. I've read through and cant find, probably missed it, what mount will work for an open gun. I currently use a cheely mount for my RTS2. I belive it's the time he makes that fits the RTS2 and Romeo 3 optics. 

Thanks,

Josh

44 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

Finally got mine back from a friend who borrowed it because his R3XL broke. I've read through and cant find, probably missed it, what mount will work for an open gun. I currently use a cheely mount for my RTS2. I belive it's the time he makes that fits the RTS2 and Romeo 3 optics. 

Thanks,

Josh

Sig footprint work 

8 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Thanks,

Josh

That will work fine. I think the V3 Cheely is the one that works. The newest version.

Put an 8MOA on my CO gun.   I haven't run it in a match yet.  Sighting in went fine.  

Running drils etc I am happy with the 8MOA dot. 

It's early obviously, but I like the FTP.

6 minutes ago, NETim said:

Put an 8MOA on my CO gun.   I haven't run it in a match yet.  Sighting in went fine.  

Running drils etc I am happy with the 8MOA dot. 

It's early obviously, but I like the FTP.

Awesome. You will love it. I had a Romeo3 Max in my hand recently and man the glass and dot is so much better on the FTP.