Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Alpha3 optic experiences

vgdvc

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

sorry about the multiple posts, it wouldnt let me upload multiple files.

I put the 8 MOA FTP on the akai and im ready to go fast

i am blasted away by how much better quality this dot is vs the RTS2

its about a thousand times brighter, and the glass is much more clear

Thanks for the feedback. We are glad you LOVE the dot. Blast away!

8 hours ago, JDIllon said:

On a reg Shadow2, you could have the slide cut and drilled for the optic. Or buy a dovetail plate mount. CZC CZ custom or Cajun gun works or Henning all make them. I have my Alpha3 mounted on a dove tail mount on my Accu Shadow SP01, it works great and you do not have to have you slide milled.JD 

Here is my Accu Shadow with the Dovetail plate mount!

P1010512.JPG

P1010513.JPG

7 minutes ago, o27 said:

appreciated, how much does it protrude the slide sideways

The plate is the same width as the Alpha3. It protrudes little on each side of the slide. You can check the mount width on CZC website.  JD

On 12/19/2019 at 9:30 PM, andersonj55126 said:

DDP vs Alpha 3 vs RTS2 vs Romeo 3

inCollage_20191202_144536826.jpg

Would it be fair to say that the footprint of Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 is pretty much similar width wise

I have to say, I think this dot wins the competition. It literally has everything a competition shooter could want

The only thing I'd change is instead of a hex key for the elevations and windage adjustments just a flat head screw so you can adjust it with a piece of brass

But I'm going to buy a few more abd just replace all my dots with this one 

Amazing work. Amazing quality. This is a great example of someone actually taking the time to address shooters needs instead of just pumping out dots at 700$ per to make money 

Well done

15 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

I have to say, I think this dot wins the competition. It literally has everything a competition shooter could want

The only thing I'd change is instead of a hex key for the elevations and windage adjustments just a flat head screw so you can adjust it with a piece of brass

But I'm going to buy a few more abd just replace all my dots with this one 

Amazing work. Amazing quality. This is a great example of someone actually taking the time to address shooters needs instead of just pumping out dots at 700$ per to make money 

Well done

15 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

Still need to sight mine in, but man the glass is really nice.  No issues putting it on my existing mount, either.

We are glad you like it! We use a premium coated glass that has superior optical and antireflective qualities. When people compare to some of the other dots on the market, it's easy to see that many brands chose to use much cheaper glass to save costs.

51 minutes ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

We are glad you like it! We use a premium coated glass that has superior optical and antireflective qualities. When people compare to some of the other dots on the market, it's easy to see that many brands chose to use much cheaper glass to save costs.

I asked this further upthread, but do you have any plans to make an optic with a wider window like the Romeo3XL?  I would buy like five of those.