• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

the akai mount fits the XWF with slight modification

you just need to mill out a little around the holes

you can do this in 30 mins with a hand file

The mounting holes to the frame or optic?

6 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Anyone mount one using the cheely v3 rts2 mount? I have a cheely xwf frame so the only mounts that fit are the cheely ones. 

Looking at the mount, you shouldn't have to do anything as it appears the same mount fits the Romeo 3 Max. The Romeo 3 Max is about the same overall length and just the front contours are slightly different. It is "possible" but unlikely that you may need to clearance the blast shield a little at the bottom.

14 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Just got my 8 moa and fit it to a cheely mount. Very easy. Just had to file down a very little bit right where the front of the sight sits. 

Did you hand file or dremel?  I have to do the same to mine and since it's the off season I figured it might be a good time.

1 hour ago, clw42 said:

Did you hand file or dremel?  I have to do the same to mine and since it's the off season I figured it might be a good time.

I used a file on mine. Took just a few minutes to make it fit on the mount for a PT Honcho.

30 minutes ago, TK66 said:

I used a file on mine. Took just a few minutes to make it fit on the mount for a PT Honcho.

13 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I did the exact same thing on my Honcho.  Took 2 minutes. 

Awesome, thanks guys!!

Edited by clw42

15 hours ago, clw42 said:

Hand filed with a small mechanics file. When looking at the optic mount surface on the cheely mount the front is round and then the ramp starts. I filed just a very little bit in front of the furthest forward part of the round part till it was flat with the mounting surface. Took me about 20 minutes but I went really slow and made sure not to accidentally file on the original mounting surface. Super easy though. I'll see if I can get a pic to load. 

On 12/25/2021 at 2:01 AM, Bakerjd said:

I hope the pics help. It's really simple. I originally was just going to use a Brazos mount but it didn't fit the cut out in the frame for the mount. 

20211225_015823.jpg

That's a perfect visual aid.  Thank you!!!

On 12/24/2021 at 1:00 PM, Ludde said:

This is a adapter plate version I designed for a friends OR with the same type of optic. This keeps it a bit lower and further back.

1656123818_IMG_20210903_1806302_resize_50.jpg.b6303410d59f4a4ee29b34f0a839e6af.jpg

IMG_20210903_180657_resize_7.thumb.jpg.251a59e5c5eee165682f0c41ff11f83a.jpg

Let me get this straight. This adaptor plate fits a CZ shadow 2 OR and will accept a FTP Alpha 3 red dot? If so, are you selling any? 

11 hours ago, WaltK said:

Let me get this straight. This adaptor plate fits a CZ shadow 2 OR and will accept a FTP Alpha 3 red dot? If so, are you selling any? 

Yep, it fits.

I have a couple extra plates that have not found a home yet.
I am located in Europe so the overall cost to have it shipped from Europe to US with all related expenses might be high.

If you are interested DM me.

17 hours ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

In Canada, we have a Boxing Day Sale (like Black Friday) so we are going to offer the discount to our U.S customers as well.

Use Discount Code = BD21  to get 30.00 off an FTP Optic Monday or Tuesday this week!

I tried to order using the code BD21 and it doesn't work.