Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire bursting a lot

Seems whenever I try to shoot "fast" I reset the trigger in some weird way that makes it burst. Never happens when shooting hard shots or steel, only when trying to rip fast splits.  Never ever had this issue with any of my AR's, even with 1 pound triggers.

I assume the answer is to "hold it tighter" but I'm not sure if that's it. It's something with my trigger finger. 

Check for brass shaving between the disconnector and sear. It happened to me before and when I took apart my MPX for cleaning, there were brass shavings between these areas. I sprayed it with chlorine free brake parts cleaner and blow it dry using my air compressor and everything work normally after that.

It has now become part of my cleaning regimen to do this process and so far I haven’t experienced it again.

The first place to start is to look for damage on any of the trigger components and ensure correct installation.

If no issues are found there and you are using the heaviest springs that gives the lightest trigger pull, you may try going for the medium springs.  I had the same thing happening and it seemed to be a combo of not fully releasing the trigger and recoil when using my ultralight 3gun upper, which has a bit more recoil than my normal one.  Since swapping for medium springs, it hasn't happened again.

15 minutes ago, fbzero said:

The first place to start is to look for damage on any of the trigger components and ensure correct installation.

If no issues are found there and you are using the heaviest springs that gives the lightest trigger pull, you may try going for the medium springs.  I had the same thing happening and it seemed to be a combo of not fully releasing the trigger and recoil when using my ultralight 3gun upper, which has a bit more recoil than my normal one.  Since swapping for medium springs, it hasn't happened again.

Definitely going to do the heavier springs...although I can't find them at the moment

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I guess my question is why weren’t you stopped? The gun obviously going full auto. 

As an aside how did you get a NPM on a target that was still exposed?😊

It's definitely a technique issue, not an unsafe gun but yea, it's questionable and an issue I need to fix. All the targets had all those hits on it, mostly A's 

The NPM target only had half of the upper A available. 

Are you using the mbx short stroke kit?

Try switching the buffers inner from the red spring to the blue spring. 

hiperfires have zero takeup, they are instantly at the wall if you hold your finger in the correct place and mouse click it creates a bump fire.. hiperfire are the easiest trigger to do this with.

22 hours ago, waktasz said:

Seems whenever I try to shoot "fast" I reset the trigger in some weird way that makes it burst. Never happens when shooting hard shots or steel, only when trying to rip fast splits.  Never ever had this issue with any of my AR's, even with 1 pound triggers.

I assume the answer is to "hold it tighter" but I'm not sure if that's it. It's something with my trigger finger.

Was this a brand new trigger?

I had the exact same problem with a Hiperfire Eclipse that had a several thousand rounds on it...  All of a sudden it started burst/bump firing just like yours...  I called Hiperfire...  No solution...

Edited by RaylanGivens

Before switching to the HPTA (from an EDT-SF) in an MPX, it would eat disconnector springs fairly regularly (500-700 rounds they were toast). With the springs installed for the slightly heavier trigger pull in a Hiperfire HPTA, going on 12,000 rounds with the same trigger parts.

Not apples to apples, but maybe useful info.

I think when the hammer goes all the way back, the booster spring mechanism goes over-center and with the heavier springs (lighter trigger pull) the hammer then hits the disconnector & spring harder.  With the lighter springs, the booster spring mechanism isn't pulled over-center as hard and so doesn't hit the disconnector as hard.

I've been experimenting with a piece of butyl rubber inside the disconnector spring similar to the piece of rubber in an AR extractor spring.  So far (800 rounds) the disconnector spring looks like new.  Too soon to tell, but generally by now the spring would have been slightly deformed.

Nolan

My brother and I both had the same issue with the Hiperfire 24c when we were using them. It seemed whenever we tried to push the speed it would burst. Even if I tried to bump fire it, it wouldn’t burst. Ended up selling them after my brother had it burst on him 3 times during a match. I am currently using the CMC PCC trigger and so far it’s been much better.

[mention=69803]MoRivera[/mention] [mention=4477]waktasz[/mention]

Did either of you talk to HiperFire support?  I did and they never mentioned the disconnector spring.

Curious if they would send out a new disconnector spring...  Or at least sell you a couple...  I'd hate to have to make the trigger heavier just to get it to run without bursting.

I had the same problem early this year. I spoke with hiperfire and they immediately sent me a disconnector and disconnector spring. That resolved it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk