Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Honcho vs Nemesis Limited only

Wiseguy724

Apparently the honchos do not come with any magazines, that came as a slight surprise. Race ready is still a good value but I was assuming that $6k included the nice big kit with mags that PT has posted on their youtube channel.

Unless I'm mistaken?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the honchos do not come with any magazines, that came as a slight surprise. Race ready is still a good value but I was assuming that $6k included the nice big kit with mags that PT has posted on their youtube channel.

Unless I'm mistaken?
it was only available to pre order customers

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Wiseguy724 said:

Unless I'm mistaken?

No you’re right. I hate how gun manufacturers don’t include magazines. Even outside the shooting sports. I got a kimber custom 2 and that mag was garbage. I called and complained to the company and had them send out a kimber tac mag. 

I have 2 Nemesis. Im happy with them. When they work they are great. Atlas has been very responsive to any problems and I like the people a lot.  They are very easy to deal with.

That said if these guns got frequent flier miles I could fly free forever. As someone said earlier, my  front sight flew off. And some other things happened that I won't mention because I really do like Atlas and the people.

Even so I would buy another Nemesis in a second because the Atlas folks are responsive and seem to really want their guns to function properly. That friendly and fast customer service means a lot.

On 11/2/2019 at 3:07 AM, MrPan said:

+1 for atlas. All you have to do is call them and they will answer any questions you have.

JJ borrowed a nemesis from his student in 2018 and won lim nats with it.

Pretty cool stuff

He actually won 2018 and 2019 with an atlas nemesis. Had to switch back to the nemesis after his limcat went down 😂

If you want the absolute best performance and customer service go with the atlas.  Once you shoot the nemesis you understand that it is different from any other limited gun. To me for my money nothing beats it. And it’s won back to back nationals. Which is dope.  Also atlas customer service is ahead of everyone. They will do whatever it takes to make you happy as a customer. If you have doubts. Call Adam and talk to him about it. After the phone call you won’t have them anymore 

1 hour ago, Tcotter2629 said:

He actually won 2018 and 2019 with an atlas nemesis. Had to switch back to the nemesis after his limcat went down 😂

Yeah I thought for sure it was but could not confirm and did not want to misspeak lol

Just now, Ssanders224 said:

Honest question, out of curiosity... 

Different in what way? Is there anything proprietary about it's design? 

They  "Feel" different, to me the sight block bull barrel light slide setup "feels" more like a open gun recoiling than a limited gun. Other than feel and the front sight only moving 1/4" it is just like any other 2011. 

30 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

They  "Feel" different, to me the sight block bull barrel light slide setup "feels" more like a open gun recoiling than a limited gun. Other than feel and the front sight only moving 1/4" it is just like any other 2011. 

Right, when comparing to any another 2011 that doesn't also have a sight block I'm with you 100.... 

I was just curious if there was something that would actually make it feel "different than any other Limited gun".  Sight blocks and light slides certainly aren't proprietary. 

5 hours ago, Tcotter2629 said:

If you want the absolute best performance and customer service go with the atlas.  Once you shoot the nemesis you understand that it is different from any other limited gun. To me for my money nothing beats it. And it’s won back to back nationals. Which is dope.  Also atlas customer service is ahead of everyone. They will do whatever it takes to make you happy as a customer. If you have doubts. Call Adam and talk to him about it. After the phone call you won’t have them anymore 

i gotta call baloney here and disagree with everything in this post.

18 minutes ago, jc3257 said:

Baloney it what regard? Gun or service?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both. Not the absolute best in performance. Not bad Performance and quality but certainly not the best either. Customer service... yea not the best either. 
this guy is just racing to 50 posts anyway and I don’t agree with his claims. 

Edited by Shmella

Both. Not the absolute best in performance. Not bad but Performance and quality but certainly not the best either. Customer service... yea not the best either. 

I agree with your assessment of the quality. I have less than 5k rounds through my Titan and have had the small front grip screw and bushing fall out and an extractor break. Performance is always subjective. The gun does everything it was advertised to do. My experience with the service has been nothing short of outstanding.

I have shot a Nemesis and it is a nice gun. But there are a lot of excellent guns in that price range. What Atlas is offering is faster delivery than most custom shops. Seems like PT is trying to do the same with the Hancho. If you are willing to wait, there may be better choices than either Atlas or PT.

These Ford vs Chevy style comparison threads always evolve into a laundry list of peoples worst problems or experiences. Here is the reality of everything ever manufactured...... failures happen. If you are looking for a competition gun that never breaks or never has any issue whatsoever then stop looking because it doesn't exist. Every single competition gun manufacture has some level of failure history or poor customer service stories associated with it. Most of which we never hear the full story on both sides of the situation so who really knows what the "Real" story is.

Since there is no getting around the fact that stuff will fail, what matters more is how the company handles the situation and resolves the issue. What you are really looking for is a solid partnership that you can rely on when the going gets rough. Also realize that there will always be a certain subset of customers that are never happy regardless of the manufactures efforts to make it right. Then you have the other side of the spectrum where you have extreme brand loyalty regardless of product/customer service failures. As with anything else in life all you can do is research the brand the best you can and go with whatever company averages the best quality products and customer service experience. Yes, this research takes effort on your part. Get to work on figuring it out :)

13 hours ago, jc3257 said:

I agree with your assessment of the quality. I have less than 5k rounds through my Titan and have had the small front grip screw and bushing fall out and an extractor break. Performance is always subjective. The gun does everything it was advertised to do. My experience with the service has been nothing short of outstanding.

I have shot a Nemesis and it is a nice gun. But there are a lot of excellent guns in that price range. What Atlas is offering is faster delivery than most custom shops. Seems like PT is trying to do the same with the Hancho. If you are willing to wait, there may be better choices than either Atlas or PT.

Willing to wait... what... 10 weeks? For either an ALL IN model (Race Ready or 3 Gun), or something built to your liking in their Race Shop? When most other builders are 4-6 months and more?  

Willing to wait... what... 10 weeks? For either an ALL IN model (Race Ready or 3 Gun), or something built to your liking in their Race Shop? When most other builders are 4-6 months and more?  

Exactly, short wait times at Atlas and Phoenix Trinity (PT). But much longer wait times at other custom builders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, Shmella said:

Both. Not the absolute best in performance. Not bad Performance and quality but certainly not the best either. Customer service... yea not the best either. 

Not racing to 50 just giving my opinion which you are entitled to as well. But when everyone I’ve put my nemesis in their hands has said the same thing it tends to be the truth. Not just local guys, other companies team members. As far as limited guns go it is the best. And what is your experience with the gun and customer service that your so quick to call baloney?  

On 11/5/2019 at 12:31 PM, Ssanders224 said:

Honest question, out of curiosity... 

Different in what way? Is there anything proprietary about it's design? 

It’s return to zero is absolutely perfect as well as how flat and fast it returns. Closest thing to it would be the honchos limited config but I notice dip when shooting the honcho. Which is most likely due to my personal grip and feel but for me the atlas felt and shot the best 

• 1 month later...

I'm in the exact same boat. Had a good year and added a little to my '2019 Victory Toy Fund'

I've got a 9mm Titan SE and absolutely love it, and I've had excellent service in all my dealings with Atlas.. I'll be switching over to limited major next year, so was honed in on a Nemesis in .40... But then I see the Honcho, and i'm intrigued. I can have a backup 9mm , get the .40 sight blocker, and even switch to open should I ever desire . I thought it would be a slam dunk , but it's not. I'm torn. Honcho is cheaper in the comparable config, but it's close enough and I don't mind investing in the right tool.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:40 PM, SteveBeyan said:

Hello! I’m Steve from Fort Bragg, NC. Been in the shooting sports for a little over 2 years now. Looking forward to getting know everyone on here! 

16 hours ago, geraldskip said:

If I were to buy a NEW limited gun TODAY, it would be the Honcho 100%. $3500 and you got the steel grip and sanders slide cuts on an awesome limited gun

Or I’d troll the classifieds and get a deal somewhere. 

Honcho is a good gun, but since they do not come with any mag......well that's a negative to me.  Atlas all the way.  Great customer service, excellent guns and ......as many magazines as you want tuned to your gun.  A simple opinion.